Tank Trinkets. Things that make me go hmmm...

Warrior
Post Limit:
Hello fellow Warrs.

I wanted to drop in here and ask what your thoughts are regarding the current state of affairs with tanking trinkets:

Currently our droptions are:

Steadfast Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault
Ji-Kun's Rising Winds
Soul Barrier
Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault
Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun
Fortitude of the Zandalari
Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire

Now personally speaking, with absolutely 0.003428% math behind my though process, I am digging Soul Barrier with a hint of Fortitude of the Zandalari thrown in the mix. Most likely with the Mastery reforged for Exp in order to hit the 15%.

However, the one I am interested in is Ji-Kun's Rising Winds. I got this trinket last night, and being an Exp lover, I equipped it in place of my Vial of Dragon's Blood which I had upgraded and reforged for Exp.

The proc on Ji-Kun's Rising Winds seems nifty, yet slightly underwhelming. Incoming melee only, and not really that big of a heal. Does it work like the old school Pally AD? I am not sure...If it does...well then we might be cooking with gas at that point. However, I was looking for some thoughts from more Math minded, or better progressed Warrs on my swap out for the 2 trinkets?

Or am I better to go with Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage and Jade Warlord Figurine and just call it a day?

Please help me. I am lazy and frankly don't want to be bothered with swapping out my trinkets on every fight...:)

Godspeed Warrior Brethren, and may the WoW gambling Gods be kind to your bonus rolls.
Mastery with a stam on-use seems the best option.

And it isn't hard to swap in to some more stam for magic heavy fights. So just do that.
Ji-Kun's is garbage - if I am lower than 35% health something has gone terribly wrong with the fight and it is very unlikely that a 30k heal will save the day. If you need the expertise from a trinket, grab the DPS valor trinket as the strength proc will increase your DPS and avoidance via the strength -> parry conversion. Personally I like to swap trinkets depending upon the fight - either increased survivability via stamina trinkets or increased mitigation via mastery trinkets. Because I swap trinkets like this, I avoid depending upon them for my hit or expertise (both of which I cap to maximize rage generation). Note that Lao-Chin's and Jade Warlord share the same CD so you don't want to equip both at the same time - use the 463 Iron Protector Talisman or the DMF trinket for your stamina trinket until you get Soul Barrier. Fortitude of Zandalari and Soul Barrier are the must have 522 trinkets and Steadfast Talisman could be useful in some situations - I think the others would be downgrades from Lao-Chin's/Jade Warlord. Since there is only one new stamina trinket, Lao-Chin's/Jade Warlord are important trinkets when you need the stamina - I wish I had used VP to upgrade mine before 5.2 came out...
Honestly i just went with the EXP/STR trinket seemed like the best choice out of the ones that were avil..