Divine Insight worthless for holy PvP...

Priest
It seems like a solid talent for discipline and shadow, why not for holy? Perhaps attach the proc to HW:S like how discipline's DI is attached to penance, but same proc effect?
uhh I think it's actually pretty good. Insta PoM, you literally cast it and watch as it heals people back to back without any additional effort.
Yea if you are near someone you get 3x instant heals instantly if you cast it on yourself and then you can cast PoM again on yourself. It's actually op as hell...
I think the issue that Gnomgnamstyl is trying to raise is not that the effect itself is bad, but that it rarely has a chance to proc because you're rarely (if ever) casting ProH/GHeals. I would argue this is fairly accurate; the few times you have to stand still to cast, it's likely to be a Flash Heal, and Serendipity stacks tend not to last long enough to get two and then still need a third Gheal. If you've managed to pull all three of these casts off, the opposition deserves to lose.

Even if you do manage to get either a ~2.3 sec Gheal or a 1.3+1.3+1.3 chain off, it still only has a 40% chance to proc. Doesn't seem at all worth it when you can have Solace(/Divine Star)+ToF working in tandem so damn well, and so damn frequently, in any given PvP setting.
That does make sense, perhaps they should tie it to another spell, like Flash Heal.
I think the issue that Gnomgnamstyl is trying to raise is not that the effect itself is bad, but that it rarely has a chance to proc because you're rarely (if ever) casting ProH/GHeals. I would argue this is fairly accurate; the few times you have to stand still to cast, it's likely to be a Flash Heal, and Serendipity stacks tend not to last long enough to get two and then still need a third Gheal. If you've managed to pull all three of these casts off, the opposition deserves to lose.

Even if you do manage to get either a ~2.3 sec Gheal or a 1.3+1.3+1.3 chain off, it still only has a 40% chance to proc. Doesn't seem at all worth it when you can have Solace(/Divine Star)+ToF working in tandem so damn well, and so damn frequently, in any given PvP setting.

This is what I meant ^_^ Tying the proc to HW:S would give it a similar value to what discipline gets for the spell(since for disc it procs on penance).

In the talent's current state it's 100% worthless for holy pvp. As Trellie said we never cast GH or PoH in PvP. I might cast 1 GH every 10 games, if that :P
Blizzard has shown they have no interest in Holy right now. If you want to talk change please keep it shadow or Disc. Disc is their baby right now.

Major Holy issues:
Mana regen/cost
Divine Insight in pvp ( I agree)
From Darkness comes light ( 1 ppm? 2 at most? you can get more if you dump your mana)
Solace doesn't work for Holy ( Back to blizz isn't interested in Holy)
Disc and Holy need pvp power to count for damage
what's the big deal? Not every talent/glyph is going to be useful for 100% of the game.

and you know what? twist of fate and power infusion are pretty useful for pvp. pick one of those...
Blizzard has shown they have no interest in Holy right now. If you want to talk change please keep it shadow or Disc. Disc is their baby right now.

Major Holy issues:
Mana regen/cost
Divine Insight in pvp ( I agree)
From Darkness comes light ( 1 ppm? 2 at most? you can get more if you dump your mana)
Solace doesn't work for Holy ( Back to blizz isn't interested in Holy)
Disc and Holy need pvp power to count for damage

If they had no interest in holy we wouldn't have received the 30% focused will...but anyways. Our mana is fine as holy. It would be nice if FDCL was useful but since we don't flash heal much I don't see a big problem with it. And solace doesn't work as holy? I was using it for a while but just found wasting the gcd on it every 10 seconds wasn't worthwhile over the shadow fiend talent.

what's the big deal? Not every talent/glyph is going to be useful for 100% of the game.

and you know what? twist of fate and power infusion are pretty useful for pvp. pick one of those...

I'm fairly certain most disc priests take Divine Insight so it would be nice if holy had that option as well.
I'm rarely casting GHeal, so I don't take DI. DI is the shizz for PVE raiding, though. I'm using Twist of Fate because of how it interacts with Solace.
last patch 5.1 not many disc favor divine insight but 5.2 it surpasses power infusion. i don't have oom problem nor do i need faster cast especially when haste is the last stats a disc would want but i like to have continuously shielding.

holy doesn't need divine insight because how often do u cast greater heal and flash heals when u have so many awesome instants? Besides i think it doesn't proc as much in holy as it does in disc from casting penance.

i don't have oom problems as holy too and i never really have to hardcast as holy so the extra haste isn't so needed. i think twisted faith is very good in a group environment cause u will see more people dipping below 20% hp and having that 15% increased healing or just serenity them and watch their hp skyrocket back to 50% hp or over heal. still up to u for what talents u wanna use.
l
i don't have oom problems as holy too and i never really have to hardcast as holy so the extra haste isn't so needed. i think twisted faith is very good in a group environment cause u will see more people dipping below 20% hp and having that 15% increased healing or just serenity them and watch their hp skyrocket back to 50% hp or over heal. still up to u for what talents u wanna use.

Please don't listen to this guy.

First off if you are not hard casting flash x2 serendipity > PoM > Serenity to greater on focused target until he is topped off or they switch your doing it wrong. Sure Holy has a lot of instants but if you don't think your going to have to hard cast your wrong.

Twist of fate is rarely a healer talent. If someone in your group gets below 20% health you already messed up and they are probably dead. Ain't no body go time for dat!

Power infusion is the clear choice for pvp unless they change DI. While you should be casting few GH and some PoH in rbgs DI wont be worth it as is.