Off Hands

Mage
Did some searching on wowhead, came up with bubkis. I seriously need to ditch my weapon... and I see the first section of ToT has a dagger and a wand that look delightful.

So first question... if I equip a wand, can I use an off-hand?

I see there are 2 in ToT, are there any other sources of off-hands?
Yes you can use an off-hand with a wand I notice you are human mabeh you could use the sword off the first boss? he isnt to hard to pug
5th and last boss are the only OH drops. But being MH/OH is better then 2hnd... it's good they arent just handing them out... I have 522 dagger that i can't use till i get an OH. Happy to wait.
Yeah the sword off of first boss in ToT is actually pretty good for humans even though it has spirit it is still a big upgrade if your using t14 gear. and only 2 off hands i know of are in ToT.
Yeah the sword off of first boss in ToT is actually pretty good for humans even though it has spirit it is still a big upgrade if your using t14 gear. and only 2 off hands i know of are in ToT.

There's one in MSV, but I am stuck with this fan my druid made from inscription for now.
Ah, very interesting, thanks all for responding.

Theoretically, that sword w/spirit should not drop for me... it all depends on Blizz and the loot system where there is no rolling on items. I actually would hope that it would NOT drop... Jade Spirit enchant is quite expensive at 10 Sha Crystals each... and I'd be looking for the wand or dagger anyway. According to what I read, every single boss in the first LFR section can drop the dagger or wand, so theoretically that's 6 shots per run.

After I posted, I remembered I did have an OH, so I see it's a 437 (I had been using dagger/oh for a while and when I got a better staff, I stashed it deep in my bank). Looked at the numbers and see when I get the dagger or wand, I won't give up any stats (wand would be preferable as it overall would give me more haste, meaning I'd lose less haste from my equipped staff) and gain close to 2k in SP.

Spazzed on thinking about crafted pieces... but that fan has kinda sucky secondary specs, so I'd lose a ton of haste by going that way (not to mention even getting the mats). AND with the LFR helm I got Sat. I am finally seeing a tenth off my cast times! OTOH, there also is a VP trinket with a 8800 Haste proc on it...
As quickly as you go through weapons in raid finder, you might as well spend lesser amounts of money or enchanting materials on Windsong until you have something really awesome.
As quickly as you go through weapons in raid finder, you might as well spend lesser amounts of money or enchanting materials on Windsong until you have something really awesome.

Or you get completely screwed over for months and are stuck with the same raid finder weapon.

(so sick of this dagger...)
Or you get completely screwed over for months and are stuck with the same raid finder weapon.(so sick of this dagger...)

I spent months with Necromantic Wand, I recently got Loshan, Terror Incarnate stuck my Crystallized Horror into it and then got Loshan, Terror Incarnate.

So much fun....

Pretty sure Windsong and it's 2PPM rate math out to being better than Jade Spirit for Mages any ways...

Pretty sure Windsong and it's 2PPM rate math out to being better than Jade Spirit for Mages any ways...

I think the same thing. I have had a number of instances where I will have the two of the three temporary buffs up at the same time. The haste proc is really nice around the time I need to use invocation.