Power Word: Nobody Got Borrowed Time Fo Dat

Priest
Post Limit:
1 2 3 26 Next
Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap.

The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812

To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines:

1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome.

2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread.

3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine.

4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators.

5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on IRC or in Vent!

6. Why aren't you in IRC yet? Gosh.

Vent info:
teamlights

IRC info:
irc.p2p-network.net
#powerword

Discussion topic: What is your most and least favorite boss mechanic this tier?
Whirl turtles must die.
I love this title.
I also love this title; far more than I can possibly bring myself to love the meme >.>

Pretty amazed it all fit within the character length restriction!

Thread discussion topic: I've only seen the first 6 fights (would only have seen the first 4 except loLFR).

- I must say I am disliking Ji-kun's Down Draft more than anything else so far.

- Not sure what I'd say about favourite single mechanic. I really like the aggregate of the Council mechanics... but pick one out at it wouldn't seem so interesting. Also becomes pretty uninteresting the minute Sul's abilities are no longer complicating issues.

Maybe I'd say I like Jin'rohk's Conductive Water thing. I like being rewarded for standing in the right stuff, and for moving out of bad stuff, as simplistic as that sounds. There's the added... uh... complexity is probably the wrong word... that it's beneficial for ranged to constantly be hovering around the edges of the expanding puddle instead of just standing at ground zero for the tank's impact point etc...
Well, Lei Shen finally down.

Yay Sheepses! :D

http://youtu.be/kvpyz6MUa1w

p.s. elly... intrigue got the chair gogo
Tsilyi I don't even know what to make of your avatar at this point.

Years behind. If you weren't Alliance and didn't have Woaden in your raid groups you might progress at a normal speed.
Come visit Angelus Iapetus on scenic Stormreaver.
If you're lucky you can see my spot on the bench during the tour. It's well worn and is really more of a recliner than a bench.
Agreed with Nixxe. Whirl turtles suck! I dislike any mechanic that knocks you back/up. That crap on Twin Consorts is annoying too.

OH AND DEAD ZONE ON IRON QON !@#$ THAT
OH AND DEAD ZONE ON IRON QON !@#$ THAT

Oh, what's that? You popped Power Infusion?

DEAD ZONE!

I got like... all of the loots this week. However I did not save a coin for Lei Shen for some reason. You know the boss I needed 3 things from. Ugh, w/e. Always next week.
It would have to to be whirl turtles.

There is just no way to predict where they're going, and then move until it's too late.
Needs moar Lei Shen and Nixxe.
Tsilyi I don't even know what to make of your avatar at this point.

wut
I like turtles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHazfjvj7X0

I think the best part about a lot of Crendor's videos about the community are just how spot on they are.
Guild downed Dark Animus on 10man last night after we struggled with it on 25. I'm OK with this, as it has helped us to this point in progression as once we get almost half of the members to understand it fully, it becomes that much easier on 25 as explanations can be better directed to those who aren't fully adjusted.

I'm just a little sad that I wasn't in on the 10man this time around, but such are the trials and tribulations of being the new guy xD
dark animus best boss 11 dispels i win.