ThreeRuneBars - DK Addon

Death Knight
Post Limit:
I'm going to make a shameless plug for a mature/stable addon I maintain specifically for Death Knights in an attempt to
a.) Get more feedback and ideas
b.) Help fellow DKs that find the default rune tracking insufficient

If you play a DeathKnight regularly as I do, you know that Blizzard's rune display is insufficient for active play. ThreeRuneBars was created to solve this problem. It isn't just a new skin for your runes, it completely redesigns how you view which runes are available. Instead of six separate runes, TRB creates 3 bars that function much like the energy bar of a rogue, one for each type of rune. Regardless whether you use FrostRune1 or FrostRune2, you will see that your frost rune bar is half full. I find that this yields greater response time when deciding what ability to use next.

Search for ThreeRuneBars on Curse

Search for Top Gun Boulderfist Amber on YouTube to see the addon in action

Please let me know if you enjoy this addon. I am actively playing Warcraft, coding for this addon and looking for suggestions for additional features!

Hopefully, someone finds this helpful :)
I prefer Yuri's RuneDisplay
I prefer Yuri's RuneDisplay

Unfortunately, it is just a reskin of the default blizzard rune display :). I prefer my addon but everyone plays differently. My addon is for those that don't like the default type of rune management.
so you kinda made exactly what ive been looking for, tyvm sir <3
I like it.
kudos
I've been a big DDR - DocsDebugRunes guys for years now but I'll check it out. The simplicity appeals to me. For anyone looking for a link to OP's addon;

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/threerunebars
ty, will check it out

/thumbs up
ill look at it
Wow, thanks everyone for the feedback! I was slightly worried I was going to get the usual WoW trolling response :)

03/28/2013 11:25 PMPosted by Jínxs
I've been a big DDR - DocsDebugRunes guys for years now but I'll check it out.

Thanks for pointing this addon out! It tracks a lot more than mine does and gives me lots of ideas for enhancements. Would everyone be interested in seeing custom bars for blood shield, necrotic strike, etc?
Three runes walk into a bar...

Does it fade when OOC? (out of combat)
and you can scale the size?
Three runes walk into a bar...

Does it fade when OOC? (out of combat)
and you can scale the size?

Yes you can set both of these.
I'd enjoy something that tracked our bone shield, blood shield, and had all our personal cooldown times up while doing what yours does
I love this addon except for ONE major thing, it has a fixed position on your screen. You cant move it, which is kinda annoying because its in the middle of your screen. If you could add a thing to move it then lock it into place thatd be cool
Not to take away from your addon, but I also like Yuris Rune Display for a couple of reasons:

I really like having my rune pairs stacked vertically on top of each other. I find this helps me keep better track of my runes than having them displayed horizontally next to each other and it's also compact.

This is because my eyes can see which runes are available by looking at one small space without having to also look at unavailable runes unless I choose to glance up higher.

Yuri's also lets me put coloured countdown numbers over exhausted runes, which lets me know exactly when they will become available instead of having to guess. This can be useful for example if a caster is casting something at me and I have to decide whether I can strangulate in time or do something else.
03/03/2014 04:27 PMPosted by Dinked
I love this addon except for ONE major thing, it has a fixed position on your screen. You cant move it, which is kinda annoying because its in the middle of your screen. If you could add a thing to move it then lock it into place thatd be cool

You unlock it by typing /trb. Relock it by typing /trb

I just lvl'd my dk from 85. Haven't played em in a while and totally redid my UI. I have tried pretty much all the rune monitoring addon's and have even used my own power/weak aura's. I like this addon a lot. I just use the rune/rp bars but, it's really clean and exactly what I was looking for. Definitely recommend.
I prefer Engraved.
Another cool feature you could add is add our Health Percentage bar and then when we click on our target another bar shows up above our Health. That way we dont have to look for our character portait and there character portrait instead we look down wherever you have the Three Rune Bar placed. So when we look for our Health we also see our RP, Runes, Diseases, HoW, and Our enemies health. Thank you for taking in my suggestion, I hope I can see this implemented in the newer version of Three Rune Bars
Ill stick to Shadow Unit Frames, but I'll take a look at it.