Frost PvP: Nether Tempest or Frost bomb- RBGs

Mage
Just curious as to which would be better for RBGs. I have always rolled with Frost Bomb but was hearing some say Nether Tempest is OP.

Any advice?
In low mmr RBGs i would say frost bomb is okay but as you get higher healers see a frost bomb and dispell it immediately which is why its not as popular as nether tempest. Also nether tempest has a 9% chance to proc frostfire bolt every tick so when you put on mutiple targets you get procs like crazy. I would go with nether tempest its overall a better spell for RBGs in my opinion
03/29/2013 09:07 PMPosted by Hazefyre
you put on mutiple targets you get procs like crazy.

People still think this?

to answer OP...

Frost bomb can work when healer's aren't on top of Dispels or your team is really good at CC, but honestly, NT still does a crapload of damage and you can do it while moving and to multiple targets.

Nt is better overall.
I like frost bomb, burst > consistent damage imo.
I prefer NT

1) never open castbar
2) constant repositioning, mobility of a fire mage
4) damage meter rivals frost dks

If i bothered to gear a rbg set with power and mastery, then I'd be much more inclined to run frost bomb.
The damage done is virtually the same. It comes down to which one is easier to execute, and I think NT wins in that category.

The problem with Frost Bomb, is that getting a shatter off requires a Deep, otherwise, you need to time a Freeze/Nova just right, which not only feels clunky, but with all the CC in the game, there's no guarantee that following the application of Frost Bomb you'll be able to freeze the target just before Frost Bomb detonates.

With NT, you simply freeze the target when you're ready, then immediately throw an instant NT, and you got yourself a shattered NT.
03/29/2013 09:07 PMPosted by Hazefyre
Also nether tempest has a 9% chance to proc frostfire bolt every tick so when you put on mutiple targets you get procs like crazy.

This isn't true.

- You have a 9% to get Brain Freeze from Living Bomb ticks.
- You have a 25% chance to get Brain Freeze from NT ticks.
- You have a 100% chance to get Brain Freeze when Frost Bomb detonates.

If you multidot with NT or Living Bomb, the Brain Freeze proc chance is the same, it only procs based on the last bomb you applied, not all your active DoTs.

@OP I hardly ever PvP but in general:

- With Frost Bomb you can do insane damage in the small window with Deep Freeze, but this is harder to pull off. With NT you generally do more damage over a course of time.
This explains it all http://www.elitegamingmovies.com/warcraft-videos/nether-tempest-vs-frost-bomb/