Battlegrounds
DPS comp is:
Shadow
Boomkin
Deathknight
Lock
Lock
Mage

Is a rogue worth subbing out any of those classes? They all seem like better choices to me. (Keep in mind I play shadowpriest, so that can't be subbed for the rogue).

Any inputs?
Not like it matters, all you +2200 "legit" RBG players just dodge each other all day anyways.
Not like it matters, all you +2200 "legit" RBG players just dodge each other all day anyways.

Lol, only team I've ever dodged was Ru's team back in Cata when they were 3k, doing carries and I was only 2300.
Spriest
Rogue
Lock
Lock
Lock
Mage

Rogue/Mage can make flag pickup nearly impossible for them. Also retarded strong fc assault team.
Spriest
Rogue
Lock
Lock
Lock
Mage

Rogue/Mage can make flag pickup nearly impossible for them. Also retarded strong fc assault team.

brb, stacking shadow resist
Spriest
Rogue
Lock
Lock
Lock
Mage

Why not drop one of those locks for a deathknight? I get that locks are the bees knees right now.. but really?
Spriest
Rogue
Lock
Lock
Lock
Mage

Why not drop one of those locks for a deathknight? I get that locks are the bees knees right now.. but really?

Cuz it's all about what's strongest.
good rogues get kills and are worth subbing that second lock, but every time I make rbgs on my MW (only around 2k like this guy) I don't take rogues instead of a second lock.
Hey Psyops why is Abn running arcane in rbg's these days, wouldnt frost or fire be better?
DPS comp is:
Shadow
Boomkin
Deathknight
Lock
Lock
Mage

Is a rogue worth subbing out any of those classes? They all seem like better choices to me. (Keep in mind I play shadowpriest, so that can't be subbed for the rogue).

Any inputs?

This is pretty much our comp as well atm.

We might substitute the boomie for another Lock or DK.

But yeh.. Locks seem to be in high demand in both PvE and PvP as they have all the utility and a pet.
I wish there were still good rogues in this game so I could bring them.. So frustrating not having an edge on superior comps from ninjas D:
Taking a second lock over the rogue usually makes winning the teamfights easier since smoke bomb is 3m and not on prep anymore.

My highest winrate in RBGs as a rogue is still AB(23-6 79%) and I can guarantee 3-4 of those losses were in cata to carry teams.
My highest winrate in RBGs as a rogue is still AB(23-6 79%) and I can guarantee 3-4 of those losses were in cata to carry teams.

exactly my point! Without a rogue, it puts the team at ease and makes them less edgy worrying about ninja caps that could completely change the game.. not to mention best flag spinners US.
04/03/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Psyops
Not like it matters, all you +2200 "legit" RBG players just dodge Abn all day anyways.

fixed

Lmao
Boomkins in 5.3 are suffering a large utility nerf (glyph of solar beam being removed/changed) The new solar beam is so pathetically small you can stand INSIDE ursols vortex, be out of the beam, and not get pulled back.
Boomkins in 5.3 are suffering a large utility nerf (glyph of solar beam being removed/changed) The new solar beam is so pathetically small you can stand INSIDE ursols vortex, be out of the beam, and not get pulled back.

Yep.... pretty unfortunate
DPS comp is:
Shadow
Boomkin
Deathknight
Lock
Lock
Mage

Any inputs?

You already stated (aside from the shadow priest, because that's you).

It would probably be the 2nd lock. But then it's debatable if a rogue > warrior for replacing the lock.

Boomkin is too valuable, you'll want that DoT spread + Vortex Beam.
Deathknight is out of the question, you need that death grip killtarget caller.
Locks are currently the highest utility class right now, and do sheeeeet ton of dmg(which is probably why u guys r rolling w/ 2)
Mage, similar to locks, have so much utilities and do heeps of dmg. Plus RoF is fml.

Only real option is replacing the 2nd lock with a 2nd melee(warrior or rogue). It wouldn't hurt either. Lock would probably do better in CTB maps and rogue would shine more in CTF maps. but both obviously work 2.2k+

5.3 is a long ways away.
Hey Psyops why is Abn running arcane in rbg's these days, wouldnt frost or fire be better?

They're better, but he likes the spec more. He's good enough to play whatever spec he wants and win. Just like he can run whatever comp he wants and win.

And to the OP: If I were to sub out any of those classes for a rogue, it'd be the spriest. But since you can't be subbed, it'd be the lock or mage.

Boomkin: You need the vortex/beam + dk grip. Shouldn't even be in the question

DK: Need that TC and aoe damage. Shouldn't be in the question.

Lock: Locks are in a great position right now. If you absolutely had to you would probably sub out one of them for the rogue. But they're still better than a rogue in most ways.

Mage: Mage's aren't that necessary. The ring is great and there burst can be killer while pushing in an fc map, but they're not vital. I've ran plenty of rbgs without a mage and still beaten 2300+ teams. Rogue could just as easily sub for the mage as it can the lock.

Keep the comp as is unless you have to sub in for the rogue. A rogue brings good utility and SB is really nice for ninja caps/fc maps, but locks can do outright insane damage if they know how to.