{Suggestion} Lightning Steel Ingot Idea.

Professions
Requiring 5 days to make a ilvl463, an extra 10 days for ilvl476 and then another 15 days for the ilvl502 weapons is ridiculous.

How about daily we get a bonus Lightning Steel Ingot from killing Itoka. We only get one ingot per day to stop people from farming him.

That would give us a boost in crafting without breaking it. We would still only get one chance to get new recipes but an extra ingot would be great for crafting since they are only used for the weapons.
Patience young grasshopper. People will buy them to xmogg, not for the sheer stats themselves.
Or just like tailoring allow Lightning Steel Ingots to be made without learning new patterns with Spirits of Harmony. My tailor is stockpiled with Imperial Silk because of that, why not allow Blacksmiths the same oppurtunity.
Or just like tailoring allow Lightning Steel Ingots to be made without learning new patterns with Spirits of Harmony. My tailor is stockpiled with Imperial Silk because of that, why not allow Blacksmiths the same oppurtunity.

This. A thousand times this.

That would be nice. Id like to shave the crafting time off these a little.
That would be a great idea.

Hey Devs, you listening?
Ohh then the prices would drop, then people would complain about too many weapons on the AH and how they don't sell.
You guys are seriously impatient, the weapon is basically free only requirement is time.

I really wish the Devs would pick this idea up. It's ridiculous that every other profession has a way to procure their high end trade goods more than once a day, but not only was Blacksmithing limited to one, they ALSO had to wait until the area unlocked AFTER 5.2 was released.

You guys are seriously impatient, the weapon is basically free only requirement is time.

Time is money, friend. Come on, you're a Goblin, you should know better!
Except that Lighting Steel isn't used for our high end trade goods, it's used for some crappy weapons that were put back in the game basically for transmog.
Blizzard should give blacksmiths a way of skirting the 1day on the lightning ingots cooldown for a price like every other profession.

PS: Yes, leatherworkers should get that as well. Perhaps removing the linked cooldown for the scales.
The things sell slow enough as it is.. It's ofetn hard to justify the living steel and ghost iron cost if you hope for a few hundred dollars a day for your proc (or alternatively a 30% mark up on materials .. and Ideally both.

If you make things easy, the prices drop to materials and you'd just as well be trading anything else on the AH because its your finess there where all the value lies.

.... better to have the items produced by proc items scarce and keep some value in the daily proc itself.. there are all sorts of other ways to make gold selling things for more than you can buy them for.
I think a better idea would be if they have a chance to proc another ingot.
Why not add a new tier to the Reborn weapons?

Thunderforged Lionheart Executioner.

Requires 30 Lighting steel
Lionheart Executioner Reborn
18 Living Steel
18 Spirits of Harmony
8 Haunting Spirits

Ilvl 522
I can see the issue here. I get annoyed at the fact I have to wait a month to craft one weapon that's 502. But I see how this would "devalue" the transmogs as well. Sitting on these and looking to shoot one to an alt or for my offspec where I have the time to wait for it and all is fine. Maybe someone will pick up on this but who knows. And the 522 idea that's amazing make this whole lightning steel thing worth some Hi-end gear.
I would consider continuing to do the Lightning Steel CD if I could learn not just the 522/PVP patterns I haven't learned, but also lower level patterns.

The inscription CD lets you learn any glyph from any expansion. Why do the other professions like blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring or even Alchemy have this? Ok so alchemy kind of does but it's only within the one expansion it seems.

Considering many patterns were lost due to the revamp of the old world it would be nice to still be able to learn the patterns.
I would consider continuing to do the Lightning Steel CD if I could learn not just the 522/PVP patterns I haven't learned, but also lower level patterns.

The inscription CD lets you learn any glyph from any expansion. Why do the other professions like blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring or even Alchemy have this? Ok so alchemy kind of does but it's only within the one expansion it seems.

Considering many patterns were lost due to the revamp of the old world it would be nice to still be able to learn the patterns.

Glyphs don't have a shelf life of a single expansion or level range, mostly.

Glyphs don't have a shelf life of a single expansion or level range, mostly.

You are going to have to explain that one. I wasn't questioning whether glyphs sell or not. I was merely referring to the fact that the MOP research allows you to learn glyphs from other expansions.
Sorry, what I meant was that Glyphs provide a unique benefit that doesn't cap at a certain level. There are plenty of Glyphs that were introduced in WoTLK (the recipe at least, the actual effect may be very different now) that is still not only in demand but potentially required by certain classes and specs. This want or need extends from when you gain the ability at level 25 to when you cap out at 90, and is required for end game content.

On the other hand, if you made a Lightning Steel ingot and learned a recipe that was made using Mithril Bars, it wouldn't be much use to you. Alts maybe, but crafted gear sucks. Transmog likely. But what about the people doing daily cooldowns that want to learn raid level or PvP patterns? Do you think they want them mixed in with a few hundred recipes spanning a few years of time?

This problem doesn't exist for Scribes (for the most part) because you don't outlevel Glyphs. What could be awesome is a separate cool down that does what you suggested. Maybe make it available starting very early (like 100 BS), requiring you to go to your capital city and learn a lesson from an Old Master (smith a thing at the forge), and provides a recipe you don't have.

But either way that doesn't really solve the problem of you feeling like Lightning Steel isn't rewarding enough, though I personally think it is.