Mage Armors falling off? Bug?

Mage
Any other mages notice Frost Armor falling off randomly at all?

I PvE a lot with my mage, and after a boss fight or sometimes during a fight I'll notice my haste drastically reduced, and I'll see my Frost Armor has fallen off seemingly completely on its own..

Anyone else notice this? Or should I check addons that could possible bump off my armor? Its only my armor, no other buffs get dropped.

I was in ToES 10m last night and it dropped off at least 5 times during or after most encounters.
Did you change talents?
Changing talents or glyphs cause the different mage armors to drop off.
03/30/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Rawrfrost
ToES

toes.
Well then, I have changed talents, odd though that changing a talent that has nothing to do with the armor would have it fall off.. Doesn't do that for my other toons, though they don't really have an armor..

Thanks! I'll shut up now.. haha
Well then, I have changed talents, odd though that changing a talent that has nothing to do with the armor would have it fall off.. Doesn't do that for my other toons, though they don't really have an armor..

It's because there's a glyph that affects the % effects from talents. Classes that have a glyph like this will have that buff removed when they change talents or glyphs, even if the ones changed have no relevance to the one in question. Another example is Inner Fire on a priest.
Thanks for this! I was having the same issue the other night, and now realize it was definitely from glyph & talent swapping.

Be absolutely sure about this. You are not the first person to begin a thread like this and there's a chance there is a genuine bug here.

For example, you mentioned noticing it DURING a fight. You aren't changing your talents mid-fight right? If it was absent from the beginning, you would either notice you were weaker right at the beginning (just u look weak on the charts) or not notice it all until you try to figure out why your DPS was low.

Suddenly noticing mid-fight that your haste has dropped when it was fine during the opening of a fight and then further noticing your armor is missing is more suggestive of a bug rather than because you changed your talents since you don't change your talent mid-fight.
Yea I can't be 100% sure if it was me just not noticing lack of haste due to no armor or not during boss fights..

So far, tonight, I didn't notice it drop during a boss fight, only because now when I change talents for different boss fights I remember to throw my armor on haha.

Thanks btw, this was really bugging me and I couldn't find any info anywhere when I first look around the forums.

Thanks for this! I was having the same issue the other night, and now realize it was definitely from glyph & talent swapping.

I'm glad my stupidity was helpful for you! Haha, its gotta be someone right?

But yes, I believe it was talent swapping that was causing this issue. My haste trinket is up so often I probably didn't notice it till later on in the fight.
my molten armor falls off all the time
To be fair, prior to 5.2 changing Talents did not cause this, only glyphs. It caught me out a few times as well at first.
To be fair, prior to 5.2 changing Talents did not cause this, only glyphs. It caught me out a few times as well at first.

Yeah, I thought there was some bug for a few weeks until I realized that I just kept neglecting to recast my armor after a talent swap. These are those cases when I hate undocumented changes.