GC addresses NT multi-dotting

Mage
Post Limit:
Stage 4: Nerf bombs 10%, for an overall 30% increase

No, that would be a net gain of 26% from 5.2 release because multiplication.
lol @ complaining about multi dotting. So picky, whiney and spoilt. It's not like you're forced to do anything. If you don't want to multi dot THEN DON'T.
I don't mind the change at all, I already multi dotted before the buff.
Stage 4: Nerf bombs 10%, for an overall 30% increase

No, that would be a net gain of 26% from 5.2 release because multiplication.

It's not the Specific number In my post that is relevant.

The point is that if bliz thinks NT is too strong, they will simply nerf NT and there will be zero compensation for it.

Then LB will be chosen more, mages will multi-dot less, and bliz will call it a success.

Mage damage will be low. Other classes will say mages deserve it, like payback for ICC or something, while bliz will say mages are fine. If there's more people who stop playing Mage, or begin playing warlock instead, that's fine because bliz has already stated they feel there are too many mages and now enough warlocks.
I really don't see a point to having a Bomb tier. If I am frost, I would wanna pick Frost Bomb, cause its a guaranteed Brain freeze proc, plus it hits ALL available targets, I have had times where NT had no procs, which is possible. If I spec Fire I should use Living Bomb, and I agree, they need to bring back the spread with Inferno Blast. As Arcane you should take NT cause its a single target bomb that can possibly hit other targets, and since you are a single target spec, NT would be the best.

If they see too many mages taking NT, if they see NT being too good, they will simply nerf it.

If that was the case they would have nerfed Kil'jaden's Cunning along time ago, cause I am almost sure every warlock uses that.
I really don't see a point to having a Bomb tier. If I am frost, I would wanna pick Frost Bomb, cause its a guaranteed Brain freeze proc, plus it hits ALL available targets, I have had times where NT had no procs, which is possible. If I spec Fire I should use Living Bomb, and I agree, they need to bring back the spread with Inferno Blast. As Arcane you should take NT cause its a single target bomb that can possibly hit other targets, and since you are a single target spec, NT would be the best.

Because then bomb choice would be determined by spec, and bliz is quite against that.

If they see too many mages taking NT, if they see NT being too good, they will simply nerf it.

If that was the case they would have nerfed Kil'jaden's Cunning along time ago, cause I am almost sure every warlock uses that.

They did.

Previously, it had an active component, and it was removed.

They also felt too many warlocks were picking grim sac, so they nerfed that.

They don't even like talents really having situational uses.

They want the talent you pick to reflect your playstyle and what you enjoy using, and basically never have to change your talents or specs if you don't really want to do so.

When they see a majority mages picks NT or become a certain spec, Bliz thinks "those poor poor mages, being forced to choose something they don't like just cause it's the best choice in this situation! Let's nerf it to ensure people don't feel forced to pick it!"

Go take a look at their class blogs; you'll see that's their recurring goal over and over.
Didn't realize that tweet was 10 days old. Seems like MMO-C always has a big backlog of tweets instead of posting stuff in the past couple of days.
Blizz has a !@#$%^ with the lock pet tier and specifically with making locks use pets as opposed to sacrifice. It's very annoying.

In general they just don't seem to get that if people really like one talent over the others, it's not necessarily the best idea to make them all crap.

No doubt other classes have similar stories as locks and mages, this is an overall design principle: spread the misery!
In general they just don't seem to get that if people really like one talent over the others, it's not necessarily the best idea to make them all crap.

They also don't seem willing to accept that certain talents are simply better in certain situations.

For example, a boss fight with lots of clumped up adds, you may prefer to use FB, whereas on a fight with multiple bosses, all spread out, NT could be a better choice.

Apparently, however, finding out which talents are best for a particular fight is a bad thing.

Blizzard feels no one should ever have to change their talents or spec for a particular situation, rather, they should be able to just chose a set of talents based on their personal preference and playstyle. They should be able to use NT, if that's their preferred bomb, even when there are 10 mobs stacked on top of eachother! The problem is that many mages will prefer to use FB specifically because there are 10 mobs stacked on top of eachother.

Blizzard Dreams - meet reality! Raid mechanics trump numbers.

Most people don't pick their talents based on 'personal preference', they do so based on what they think is best for that situation.

To reinforce my point, I'm going to paste here a section from another thread:

don't change your playstyle just because our precious mage bomb got +40% damage buff...

Posted by Mageski
I run the style where I do damage. Fights like Horridon and Council, my NT is >30% of my damage. You can't just -not- do it and expect to perform well.

Posted by Digerati:

Yeah we pretty much have to multidot to stay in the same realm of DPS as other multi-dot and AOErs lol. I mean I could use Frost Bomb on Horridon for some nice burst to finish off low adds, but that's just silly to forego rolling NTs on Horridon, not to much Frost lacks enough mobility as it is to take away an instant cast bomb.
im pretty sure i said right after this hotfix went live that frost would have the most to absorb from it seeing as hot dots tick off more with haste -_- doesnt take a blizzard employee to tell u that just someone with common sense
lol @ complaining about multi dotting. So picky, whiney and spoilt. It's not like you're forced to do anything. If you don't want to multi dot THEN DON'T.

You're so right. I'm telling my raid team that my Mage is going Heals, screw Damage Dealing!
Blizz has a !@#$%^ with the lock pet tier and specifically with making locks use pets as opposed to sacrifice. It's very annoying.

No doubt other classes have similar stories as locks and mages, this is an overall design principle: spread the misery!

grimsac went from being the go to talent to the crappy one that we pick on fights that aren't pet friendly. pets are mostly fine but he crappy AI was an even bigger push for grimsac.

and do they improve pet AI?

No, they just nerf grimsac to make you more willing to put up with it.

Blizzard enjoys playing "how much do we need to nerf this talent to make the other bad talents look good?"

I'm surprised they haven't increased the cd on blazing speed to encourage more people to use ice flows.
I don't care if you dislike the multidot playstyle you goofballs. Do you honestly think that nerfs to NT are going to be accompanied by any buffs? If we lose the bomb buffs we're going straight down the tubes again. Please stop campaigning for grossly unneeded nerfs, it's just as bad as the insincere posting campaigning for buffs that happens so often here.
I don't care if you dislike the multidot playstyle you goofballs. Do you honestly think that nerfs to NT are going to be accompanied by any buffs? If we lose the bomb buffs we're going straight down the tubes again. Please stop campaigning for grossly unneeded nerfs, it's just as bad as the insincere posting campaigning for buffs that happens so often here.

and I want to say that I agree with this statement.
You know I might complain about this multidotting business but..

I was complaining about how our class has fallen from being 'the king/queen of AoE' a few months ago. Looks like they fixed it. With a bandaid. Affixed with super glue to the back of your hand. And then ripped the bandaid off.

You think, "Well, this ripped off piece of flesh is kind of inconvenient." and then quickly forget about it because your NT stacks are falling off and you need that hand for clicking.

Was somebody asking for nerfs?
Easy solution guys.....Mage's minor glyphs suck (except our mirrors), so lets remove the lame bomb talent tier, give each mage the same bomb, and make a minor glyph that displays a bomb animation according to your spec......Too easy for even blizz to mess up.
im pretty sure i said right after this hotfix went live that frost would have the most to absorb from it seeing as hot dots tick off more with haste -_- doesnt take a blizzard employee to tell u that just someone with common sense

Arcane got the most out of this, by far
04/01/2013 11:28 PMPosted by Thogderk

Arcane got the most out of this, by far

Only if they're not casting anything else, because if they are then they have no mana, hence no mastery, and without haste they're falling behind frosts doing the same thing. I didn't play arcane for the last 4 years because I like pushing the nether tempest button.