Ret's not wanted in rbgs

Paladin
Man normally I never get invites to rbgs but today I thought I had gotten lucky when I received an invite. I was in a group which had just started forming and this lock joins the group and then asks if both paladins in our group were ret, then proceeds by saying "yeah I'd rather have my nuts put through a grinder" and leaves. :( and then I was kicked. /sigh
are you guys pushing rating or just capping points? I mean ffs if it's just a pug and not a serous comp, stuff like this shouldn't happen.

It's rather annoying when you can't play the class you enjoy because of balancing issues, or perceived balancing issues that little 4chan teenagers gripe on.
It filters down. People mimic what they see at the top.
Must be you, Ive been doin rbgs every night and yea people look at me and go lolwat but when I top the damage charts and kbs then they decide other wise
Had the same thing happen to me on the PVE side, in Trade Chat they were looking for a Melee Dps 475+ for the beginning of MV. Pst them that i was 497 and was bored and love to go saw i was a ret pally and said no thanks. Couldn't believe it i told them, i easily out gear MV avg 85-95k no prob. but they still said no cause Ret dps sucks. Next trade chat they posted said looking for warrior, dk, shammy, no pallies. !!! Maybe it is just perception but Ret should never have been put in this situation to get this type of Perception in the first place.
Must be you, Ive been doin rbgs every night and yea people look at me and go lolwat but when I top the damage charts and kbs then they decide other wise

rbg's played: 46
rbg's won: 22
You all put yourselves in this position by continuously whining about how much Blizzard has screwed you. Just go out and play your toon and stop worrying about A-h****.
I've heard great things about RBG rets. Worst-case scenario, even if you're not geared at all, if you turn on some of your cooldowns, you transform into a CC magnet.

Just don't play Ret as a damage-only role. Your burst can be fantastic, but you have great support tools.
OP, I was encountering the exact same problem; then I did some research and started leading RBGs. However, I noticed the first thing I do is not allow any other rets.

I really don't know what else to tell you, aside from convincing RBG leaders that you're a god at support macros.
I feel like the title for this thread is grammatically correct only by accident.
I feel like the title for this thread is grammatically correct only by accident.

lol
Ill preface this by saying you can easily play ret to 2k the reasons pushing above that might stall you up ill touch on later.

First, I am not the best by any means, I hadnt played since wrath when i picked it up again in s12 and it was my first season of rbgs so i cant speak to the history of ret. However i have done a LOT of rbgs, i thinkn somewhere around 500 across 3 characters.

I played holy and led to 2250 last season.
I took a shot at ret this season I have again, 3 chars in the 2k-2.1 area right now (rogue pal war), and the fallowing is about all I can tell you from the point of view of a leader, as well as another pally.

The "ideal comp" atm is

guardian/prot war
mw
rsham
hpal
(druid, priests or double monk is doable, hpal is the most mandatory, BUT if you have a ret that changes, more on that later)
dk
boomkin
lock
spriest
rogue(dps X)
mage

Ret will fill the spot of dps x, either the rogue or the spriest.
Benifits! -> if you have ret you can go rdruid rsham mw, and skip the hpal while still maintaining aura mastery, bops, clutch dispells, freedoms, and a semi sizeable offheal now and then.

Cons! -> you'r bringing another meele, something that sadly isnt too viable right now. If you forfeit a spriest for a ret you lose HUGE dispel protection, and the only way to compensate for that would be to get a UA lock, doing that you sacrifice chaos bolts and destro OP ness...etc.

If you sacrifice having a rogue for a ret you lose insane burst, offensive utility, ninja capping ability, and the absolutely OP teamfight ability to silence 3 people per re-stealth. (I also play rogue a good rogue will top CC, or be really close to a mage every game, in a wsg or teamfight oriented game with a rogue in teamfight, expect 100+ccs per game from that rogue, at least 40 of which will be garrotes. Rogues also bring to the table a 10% dmg increase to any target in a kidney for EVERYONE hitting that target.

Basically a rogue is a superior alternative to ret, that being said if your armory is correct and your 1300 or whatever, feel free to play any class you want, at that rating decent players could steamroll kids with nearly any comp with relative ease if you have mage lock dk boom you can put just about anything else in the remaining 2 dps slots without much punishment as long as they play correctly.

Ret, arms and other meele wont be truly viable in RBGs until gorefiends grasp is removed from the game, or the value of the armor stat is returned to the game with some meaning making them all significantly more survivable than casters.

Basically, play ret if you feel like it and you enjoy it, but your going to have to find regular people to play with and convince them your good enough to justify taking the comp hit, and at low ratings, it doesnt matter AT ALL. unless people have 2200-2400 achievs to link you tell them to stuff it. Skill >comp. until you reach a level where nearly everyone is playing there class near the top of its potential it doesnt matter.

Ret has got no chance of being top damage in an RBG with any decent lock/dk.
Just keep doing what you do, next patch people will change their mind about rets when they are doin 15% more damage than now.

Trolling?
Or is he just a super moron and has confused random battlegrounds with RATED battlegrounds (RBGs)..
Ret viable in any low mmr (1600 or less) team but still frowned upon.
Good/skilled rets viable mid mmr (1600-2k) but very rare.
2k onwards mmr.. Lolret.. Good luck. Forget about it.. Except the exceptional few, not many rets will play in this bracket.
Feh, RBGs. Low MMR 2's are the only thing for this Paladin!