Mogu Runes of Fate

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 17 Next
I can't apply that to a video game. IRL sure. We work Mon-Fri to do things we like on Saturday and Sunday but in a video game. I don't want to think like that.

Well thats why I put the part in parenthesis after. It's more like sports than work really. I would bet most athletes do not love the time they spend in the weight room but it makes them better so they do it. Sure, if you are a good athlete you can probably get by without a strict work out regiment, you just wont be playing at your optimal potential.

So if I can't apply it to work why in the hell would I want to apply it to a video game. Some people like to grind !@#$ out, good for them. When I was in high school I used to do things like grab the super ultra rare spell in a RPG that took a lot of repetitive work. Not anymore.

Most people don't like the grinds, I can tell you that much. We just see the value of them. There is a big difference.
Yeah man, sounds fun. Let's do the stuff that burns me out and makes me not want to play the game. YEAH!

There are a ton of things I do in support of raiding that I don't really "like" in any meaningful sense:

- Getting good food buffs
- Getting consumables
- Capping valor
- Gemming and reforging
- Watching videos/reading strats
- Reading about rotations/theory-crafting

And yes

- Getting 90 Charms a week

This is not unique to video-gaming. There are plenty of enjoyable things in life that require not-so-enjoyable activities as precursors.

One way to avoid the not-so-fun stuff is to, of course, simply walk away from the end goal. I would describe that as a "personal choice" though, not some fatal flaw of the game.
That is disappointing. I feel like Im screwing over my raid team. If I don't have the items for the extra bonus roll then I don't gear up as fast as others who do

All my extra rolls till now only gave me money. How I'm gearing up faster?

Well, I do dailies 3 times a week and I enjoy it.

And farm all cooking mats for raid food.

And help with flasks too.
Doing dailies for coins seriously sucks when you go 4+ weeks without any useable loot.
I can't apply that to a video game. IRL sure. We work Mon-Fri to do things we like on Saturday and Sunday but in a video game. I don't want to think like that.

You could always find a guild that's more in line with your new goals in the game. (not sure if that is an option. some people are more attached than others).

If no one else in your guild is doing them, you won't be holding anyone back
Why do you want mogu ruins? That is just 28g.....
Im perfectly fine with the drop rate of bonus rolls. I just don't want to do the content that gives me the lesser charms. Wish they could put lesser charms into all the end game content, that way people have a choice.
Im perfectly fine with the drop rate of bonus rolls. I just don't want to do the content that gives me the lesser charms. Wish they could put lesser charms into all the end game content, that way people have a choice.

There'd be no choice, you'd just get them, then it's not a bonus
you can get 2-6 charms from a pet battle win but it's random. actually pretty decent if you want to take a break from dailies.

this

got 180 charms in 3 hours worth of killing pokemon critters in stormwind.
Since the PVP dailies only take 4 minutes it won't really feel like you're doing dailies, more like doing your farm
04/03/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Icecreamsoup
you can get 2-6 charms from a pet battle win but it's random. actually pretty decent if you want to take a break from dailies.

this

got 180 charms in 3 hours worth of killing pokemon critters in stormwind.

For you people who hate dailies. If you don't like pet battles either and refuse to do them?

Well then no runes for you.
You can get 19 lessers in just 4 minutes a day with the Thunder Isle PVP Dailies. Give them a try. Plus you get an Arcane Trove, rep, and honor out of it.

"I don't do dailies due to 5.0 just killing them for me"

Thanks for the advice though. Seems like Im just out of options and my raid team has to pay for it because I don't enjoy that part of the game anymore.

You can easily get 90 Lesser Charms of Good Fortune from a single day's worth of dailies. I assume you aren't raiding every day of the week, for every hour of the day, so one can than assume that you have some down time in which you aren't doing anything productive in Wow.

Spend a few hours grinding out dailies while watching a movie or something, and stop whining because Blizzard is sticking to their guns and listening to the complaints from Cataclysm that the game was too heavily instanced.
04/03/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Darrensilten
You can easily get 90 Lesser Charms of Good Fortune from a single day's worth of dailies. I assume you aren't raiding every day of the week, for every hour of the day, so one can than assume that you have some down time in which you aren't doing anything productive in Wow.

I consider 4 nights of raiding/week a pretty decent amount of time and if I don't want to log in on the other days I'm sorry for being so demanding (and when I do it's likely 2s or something silly). It's a video game. Missed our Ji-Kun kill because I was out having dinner. My bad.

Spend a few hours grinding out dailies while watching a movie or something, and stop whining because Blizzard is sticking to their guns and listening to the complaints from Cataclysm that the game was too heavily instanced.

I like to play the game I want to play. If Blizzard wants to keep giving people daily-like content then fine, give it to them. I don't care. Just don't make me do it to supplement progression.

Just don't make me do it to supplement progression.

You made a conscious decision to either do them or not to do them... no one is 'making' you do anything. If you feel the handicap of not having coins is acceptable to yourself and your raid group then that's your prerogative.

To me it's as essential to making sure you have food/pots/flasks for a raid... or do you not do any of that as well because you expect your guild to give them to you for free?

I like to play the game I want to play. If Blizzard wants to keep giving people daily-like content then fine, give it to them. I don't care. Just don't make me do it to supplement progression. [/quote]

And I want to be able to meaningfully contribute to character progression between raid days.

Well, I suppose we are at an impasse.
I like to play the game I want to play. If Blizzard wants to keep giving people daily-like content then fine, give it to them. I don't care. Just don't make me do it to supplement progression.

They. Are. Optional. You don't need the runes to raid it makes it more successful and guilds require them because its extra loot meaning better gear for progression fights.

So either buck up for your guild/raid team or find one that doesn't require it.
I really really really hope they don't carry this coin for extra loot thing on next xpac. Dailies suck badly. Pet battles are just as bad. I'd gladly pay 10k a week for my 3 mogu runes rather than do dailies/pet battles for them.
To me it's as essential to making sure you have food/pots/flasks for a raid... or do you not do any of that as well because you expect your guild to give them to you for free?

I can play the AH to do that. I find that a lot more engaging than doing dailies or flying around picking up weeds.

Fine. Make lesser charms into currency I can trade for. So you hooligans can do mind-numbing content for me.

04/03/2013 03:04 PMPosted by Ashoc
They. Are. Optional.

lol

Edit: Congrats on enjoying menial content. Want to come over and pick up my dog's waste out back? I'll give you 1,000g in game.
Lol Dysheki. Coming from someone that didn't even finish Test of Valor a month after it could be completed. Really shows how much dedication you have to your raid team amiright?!?!?!

Everything is optional. I tried so hard to prove it in the other thread, but you wouldn't have it - even though skimming your logs, shows a lot of your raiders don't pot for every fight. Maybe you should look at those logs and kick them all out of your raid team. Things are not as trivial as they seem.

As for the OP - coins obviously help. They're a reward for doing dailies. If coins didn't exist, nobody would do dailies. It's an incentive to do something, and it's clearly a powerful one judging by people's opinions on it. However, if you decide that the task that you have to complete is too difficult/menial/time-consuming for the reward, don't be stupid and suggest lumping the same reward into things you already do. Maybe make a decent, balanced suggestion for once that someone will consider.

Basically, don't suggest "I want 522 gear, valor, justice, honor, conquest, honorable kills, consumables, achievements, rep, coins and gold for chain running heroics because that's all I like!!11! Oh, but not too many heroics, maybe like 5 heroics max a week to cap all of those things."
Edit: Congrats on enjoying menial content. Want to come over and pick up my dog's waste out back? I'll give you 1,000g in game.

Not anymore menial than playing the AH.