JC Shuffle

Professions
So i have Enchanting on this character and Jewelcrafting on another. I was wondering what turns in more profit. To craft rings and disenchant for Enchants, or to craft the common Gems in hope for a rare quality gem. In the end what turns a higher profit? I've been disenchanting the rings and have made a good profit, I would like to hear about the other options. Input please.
bump
Thanks, that is what i normally do I. Once I have the time I think I'll level alchemy to make more gold through upgrading my uncommon gems
Diversify depending on what's happening on your AH. I tend to craft jewelry and sell it on the AH. The profit on it is great, but the sales can be slow and competitive. If it doesn't sell in 2-3 12 hr blocks, then I DE it. There are cheaper ways to make essences than DEing jewelry so explore those avenues, too.

The best enchants are the weapon enchants and the BoA enchants. You can make profit on the others, but the margin is typically lower than weapon enchants.

Alchy is great for JC. I've made a ton of gold on metas. So much so that I don't even bother with prospecting. I just buy the rare gems and the lotuses off the AH.
perfect cuts sell well and for a lot more gold than regular cuts. I cant get rid of my regular cuts. seriously, ive seen them sell for 1g 44s on the AH. I have to spend 50s to put it on the AH. Im profiting 96s when I can vendor it for 85s without worrying if someone will undercut me.
It is rediculous.
I just keep the ones I can use and vendor the rest. the green gems are worthless once you get your JC leveled up. If they added a daily like Cata, it would be worthwhile to keep them but not as it is now.
It very much depends on your server. Perfect cuts move quite slower than the rare gem cuts, even at comparable or cheaper prices. As far as rare jewelery it has fairly high competition and moves slowly. I pretty much don't bother with either, the money for the investment just isn't there.
So i have Enchanting on this character and Jewelcrafting on another. I was wondering what turns in more profit. To craft rings and disenchant for Enchants, or to craft the common Gems in hope for a rare quality gem. In the end what turns a higher profit? I've been disenchanting the rings and have made a good profit, I would like to hear about the other options. Input please.

Tailoring works better with enchanting. The gear that you make with tailoring is a lot cheaper to make then the gems it takes to make the jewelry.

As for your JC, do the daily discoveries and learn the better gems so you don't waste your time and money cutting the commons in hopes of a rare gem.
04/09/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Jagatron

Tailoring works better with enchanting. The gear that you make with tailoring is a lot cheaper to make then the gems it takes to make the jewelry.

As for your JC, do the daily discoveries and learn the better gems so you don't waste your time and money cutting the commons in hopes of a rare gem.

I have found a combination of both works best. Tailoring is fantastic for getting Ethereal Shards now, however, JC is still very good for dusts and essences.

What's most profitable really depends on your server. Check the AH price for raw materials. In my experience I have found that Perfect cuts do not sell as quickly as the rare gem cuts. If I had to guess I'd say it's because people are more accustomed to looking for them.

I do agree with Jagatron. I don't think that using your uncommon gems in the hopes of getting a perfect is a good use of your material.
Alot depends on your server economy...

I take the green gems & make the jewelry...
Then based on what enchanting mats are selling for I may DE or Vendor the green quality jewelry. Magic number is 3.26g for spirit dust. (someone did the math & figured it all out) If I can consistently sell above that its DE all.
AH the Blue jewelry

Convert dust to essence to shard to where the profit lies..

I do not try for perfect cuts... the gems are more valuable in the jewelry.
The rare gems & cuts sell well so I cut alot of the more profitable ones.
If you have an Alchy make metas as well & cut them.

I have been doing very well with the shuffle using these methods.
Your milage may vary.
If I don't have a enchanter how do I got about DE my jewelry. If I trade chat for a chanter should i just tip and can they just steal my mats or is it like when u roll in an instance with a enchanter.
In order to shuffle properly, you really do need an enchanter yourself.

However, in your example, Blizzard would protect you. If you two come to an arragement and he does not follow through to your loss, he can be reported and you will be made whole.
Depends on your server whether MoP shuffle is profitable or not.
04/09/2013 10:33 PMPosted by Eddiebauer

I have found a combination of both works best. Tailoring is fantastic for getting Ethereal Shards now, however, JC is still very good for dusts and essences.

What's most profitable really depends on your server. Check the AH price for raw materials. In my experience I have found that Perfect cuts do not sell as quickly as the rare gem cuts. If I had to guess I'd say it's because people are more accustomed to looking for them.

I do agree with Jagatron. I don't think that using your uncommon gems in the hopes of getting a perfect is a good use of your material.

is not*
04/10/2013 02:36 AMPosted by Consortium
In order to shuffle properly, you really do need an enchanter yourself.
^This. Having an enchanter can really improve all of your crafting and enhance your AH plunder.