Worst Raid mechanic ever?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I wiped 9 times today in LFR to Durumu, finally someone says to set graphics to low and we will see the safe zone for the maze. It worked and most of the group lived through the maze phase for the first time. What kind of crappy design is it that you have to turn down graphics to see it? Please work on this broken part of the raid.
Rhyolith's turning mechanic.

Oh, this is just another freakin' terrible Durumu thread like the other half dozen on the frontpage? Carry on.
Aww, I was hoping this thread was a poll about opinions on worst raid mechanic ever (I need to start one of those one day).

Anyways, Blizz seems to be aware of it and is strongly considering making it more visible apparently. I understand in a sense why they made it as they did. You "can" see it with Ultra graphics, it just may be a bit more difficult, and the purple clouds fit with the theme of the boss. And admittedly, there is no rule a mechanic's challenge should never be its visuals (even if everyone hated it).
I remember original ZG and having to do the same thing for the poison debuffs on whoever the snake boss was (I think).
Threw all my raids people eventually grasp the concept of the fight and we are able to down it.

Sindragosa, the dragon before LK, had us brickwalled for months. People couldn't get the moving back and forth between blocks. We replaced 3 people and downed it first night of attempts.
I think before people continue complaining we need to give it 2-3 weeks. Agreed the graphic is tough, but its also new to many. When a majority of the player base has done the boss 2-3 times I imagine he'll become a one shot LFR boss. Just takes more than a single kill for people to master the mechanics.

What NEEDS to change is no control over yellow beam, causing no add to be found and light spectrum to be there during maze. That's something that makes it impossible even for me to navigate maze, and there is itching I can do about it
I just consider it the April Fool's joke we never got ;).
My vote for worst is from Ulduar, Hodir's "Biting Cold":

Biting Cold
Deals increasing periodic damage to stationary enemies. Movement diminishes this effect.

If you stand in place and cast heals, you take increasing damage until you die. Healing that with two holy pallies and a resto druid (on 10-man) was torture on the paladins, and contributed to our guild leader quitting the game.
What NEEDS to change is no control over yellow beam, causing no add to be found and light spectrum to be there during maze. That's something that makes it impossible even for me to navigate maze, and there is itching I can do about it

Yes I agree. Overtime people will get the maze. Heck tonight on LFR we downed him because one person put a star over their head and said "follow me". But this yellow beam. We've nearly made it into a second beam phase by the time the yellow guy was revealed. That's a bit too much I think.

Edit:
Worst mechanic for me was Eye of Eternity. The phase 3, surprise you are on a vehicle, thing was so annoying. They did it much better in Heart of Fear I think. Even when you practiced it outside of EoE it was just so odd.
My vote for worst is from Ulduar, Hodir's "Biting Cold":

Biting Cold
Deals increasing periodic damage to stationary enemies. Movement diminishes this effect.

If you stand in place and cast heals, you take increasing damage until you die. Healing that with two holy pallies and a resto druid (on 10-man) was torture on the paladins, and contributed to our guild leader quitting the game.

That's why you broke out Missy and/or Sissy first and let heals stand by fire.
I feel like the worst mechanics are the ones that go on a random target and are dramatically easier to handle/more beneficial if they go on a particular player or class than another, for reasons unrelated to player performance. Some element of this is fine and adds to the encounter, like I never minded warlocks being the preferable target for valks on LK and I don't mind Static Shock being immunable by most of the raid but not everyone, mostly because those things will end up on most of the raid by the end of any given pull so your luck evens out. It's really annoying with abilities that only target one player at a time and happen infequently though, like say Bloodboil's Fel Rage ability or whatever it was called. You ended up just pulling a bunch of times until you got it on a rogue or whatever and then it was easy, and if it was on a mage they just flopped over.

Durumu's maze is cool though.
It worked and most of the group lived through the maze phase for the first time. What kind of crappy design is it that you have to turn down graphics to see it? Please work on this broken part of the raid.

I play on ultra and can see it just fine. Not sure why others can not.

Just a tip you have to look backwards to go forwards.
Blood corruption death/earth.

Oh, this is just another freakin' terrible Durumu thread like the other half dozen on the frontpage? Carry on.

LOL. My thoughts exactly.

I would vote for any damage reflect mechanics, and as a 25m raider, anything that I have to pull out "/range #" as a melee.
direhorn spirit on horridon... god what an idiot of an idea
The worst mechanic ever was heroic maloriak's add cast. In order to kill this fight my raid would reset the boss sometimes 10+ times in a row until he summoned adds before black phase so that we'd be one set ahead of the enrage.

Heroic conclave's little plant adds were also horrible. Not being able to complete a mechanic without a specific class (frost DK) is hilariously bad fight design.
direhorn spirit on horridon... god what an idiot of an idea
indeed
Not being able to complete a mechanic without a specific class (frost DK) is hilariously bad fight design.

and also not new
This should be a poll. The current thread topic is boring.

Thus, I will say my least favorite raid mechanic this expansion is 10H Will Sparks. In 25m, not as bad. In 10 it's just a blatant requirement to have X amount of specific classes (classes, even, not specs). The Sparks floating above the air is annoying as hell to soak and extremely unnecessary, on top of that.

I personally greatly enjoy Attenuation, heroic Lightning Storm, and Durumu maze.
From this tier I really dislike Ji-kun flying though.
I have everything to Ultra and see the maze just fine.