Cdev 4

Story Forum
Yes. Let us turn to a now-outdated encyclopedia from a now-defunct website for the answer to the question of Elune.

Seriously though, I don't think the Draenei and the Naaru were even a thing when that was written. Even the Troll/Night Elf connection hadn't been revealed yet.
It was published about three months before Burning Crusade was released, so yes they were. The Troll Compendium was also published around a similar timeframe, and included the article Are Trolls Related to Night Elves? (see http://www.wowpedia.org/Troll_Compendium/Are_Trolls_Related_to_Night_Elves%3F )

So... No. You're wrong on all counts.

Ever think it wasn't moved to the new site for a reason?
Lots of stuff wasn't moved to the new site. That's not a reason to discount something that's neither been declared non-canon nor contradicted by newer lore.
Yes. Let us turn to a now-outdated encyclopedia from a now-defunct website for the answer to the question of Elune.

Seriously though, I don't think the Draenei and the Naaru were even a thing when that was written. Even the Troll/Night Elf connection hadn't been revealed yet.

It's canon until stated otherwise, show some proof of it being retconned.

On top of that, it did include that the Eredar retcon that happened with BC.
The eredar were the first sentient race to pledge their allegiance to Sargeras, and they remain its primary commanders to this day. Knowing that other sentient beings would inevitably join the Legion, the eredar declared that their primary language, Eredun, would be the Legion's common language.

It also hinted at an Army of the Light that will eventually be made in the future.

In the past, the Legion particularly targeted worlds that had been visited by the titans. Ultimately, though, no world is safe: the Legion works to devour or destroy all life and magic. The Legion will inevitably achieve its terrible goals unless it is vanquished. Such a victory would require an army of comparable size and might. An army fighting for the Light, for hope and peace, for the very fabric of creation....

An army that does not exist.
04/19/2013 03:28 AMPosted by Daavead
the Alliance is about independent cultures sharing certain common values sharing resources out of trust.

I feel this is what the Alliance needs more now and we haven't seen much of this in game.
The Primal Loa which are different from normal Loa are what I call Full Gods.

As for these Ancients: Goldrinn, Aviana, Aessina, Agamaggan, Goldrinn, Tortolla, L'ghorek, Ursoc and Ursol which have not been called Demigods ingame and the only source that implies that they are Demigods is Rhonin who is not an expert on Gods and Demigods as far as I know. I'd class them as Primal Loa.

Ancient Tree Demigods, Malorne, Cenarius, Gahz'rilla, Nespirah and Omen are almost certainlly not Primal Loa since they're all Demigods.

Do Dragons count as Gods? Deathwing seems to think so. Of course only Chromatus and Dragon Aspects(not former Aspects though) seem to be what we would class as Full Gods while the rest would merely be Demigods.
04/19/2013 02:09 PMPosted by Archpaladin
As for these Ancients: Goldrinn, Aviana, Aessina, Agamaggan, Goldrinn, Tortolla, L'ghorek, Ursoc and Ursol which have not been called Demigods ingame and the only source that implies that they are Demigods is Rhonin who is not an expert on Gods and Demigods as far as I know. I'd class them as Primal Loa.
I'm almost positive there's an in-game source calling them demigods. I know for a fact that Warcraft 3 and its manual called them demigods, as well as the night elves in a handful of books I don't feel like looking up.

Do Dragons count as Gods? Deathwing seems to think so. Of course only Chromatus and Dragon Aspects(not former Aspects though) seem to be what we would class as Full Gods while the rest would merely be Demigods.
Dragons - including the Aspects - are neither gods nor demigods. Deathwing was insane and delusional.
where do we ask?
It's not out yet. It's more like a plan to do so rather than a date.
I'm with the Alliance and Nelves on this one. I like Elune as a goddess. There are after all tons of gods in Warcraft whether lore says there are few or not

It was published about three months before Burning Crusade was released, so yes they were. The Troll Compendium was also published around a similar timeframe, and included the article Are Trolls Related to Night Elves.

That Troll compendium article was exactly as vague as the Ask CDev answers about Elune being a Naaru. Then the Wow Official magazine came out and confirmed it.

She could very well be revealed as a windchime. Or Blizz might let us squirm a little longer.

It was published about three months before Burning Crusade was released, so yes they were. The Troll Compendium was also published around a similar timeframe, and included the article Are Trolls Related to Night Elves.

That Troll compendium article was exactly as vague as the Ask CDev answers about Elune being a Naaru. Then the Wow Official magazine came out and confirmed it.

She could very well be revealed as a windchime. Or Blizz might let us squirm a little longer.

They shouldn't do that.

The Troll compendium article was also backed by two quests in Vanilla WoW which hypothesized that Night Elves originated from Trolls.

There was a lot of evidence for it, and virtually none against it.

Contrast the Naaru question, which has little going for it but Velen said so, and whole slabs of lore running contrary to it, including, but not limited to, taking blood sacrifices of intelligent creatures.
04/19/2013 02:46 AMPosted by Haaely
Frankly, he was being a bit rude there. I hate to say this, I admire the guy and all, but sheesh. He could have handled that discussion better and in a more, um, theoretical way.

He was a little presumptuous, but he had good intentions.

More then a little presumptuous, but otherwise, yes.

I personally think it would be cool to find out Elune or one like her created the Naaru. Maybe we will find out she has a brother out there. And he is created the Naaru as guardians of a sort. It would put the Naaru on the level of Cenarius.
04/22/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Kellick

The Troll compendium article was also backed by two quests in Vanilla WoW which hypothesized that Night Elves originated from Trolls.

There was a lot of evidence for it, and virtually none against it.

Contrast the Naaru question, which has little going for it but Velen said so, and whole slabs of lore running contrary to it, including, but not limited to, taking blood sacrifices of intelligent creatures.

Hang on a bit.

There was quite a bit against it, up to and including the RPG books that flat out described characteristics of the species, pre-Night Elf, and it even named them as Kaldorei.

To say there was no evidence is wrong, because there was quite a bit. It was just hand waved away as non-canon.
To say there was no evidence is wrong, because there was quite a bit. It was just hand waved away as non-canon.

that means there is no evidence. no offence, but citeing discredited information that has been officaly thrown out as lore, doesnt count.

once it was made noncannon it never existed. it is like 1984 what was is over written by what is.
I would guess Elune's own High Priestess would know more about her than some Alien coming to visit her temple and saying "That looks like a Naaru, because I think it does!"

Also, Cenarius the Demigod is believed to be the son of Elune with the demigod Malorne... If Cenarius inherited his "Stag parts" from his daddy, it's easy to guess how Elune looks like.

Lok'tar Ogar, friends.
04/22/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Juibloc

that means there is no evidence. no offence, but citeing discredited information that has been officaly thrown out as lore, doesnt count.

once it was made noncannon it never existed. it is like 1984 what was is over written by what is.

It still counts as a retcon. There was some information in the encyclopedia that contradicted the troll-night elf theory as well.
I'm going to assume it's a bunch of useless information we already know.
it counts as a retcon, but the retcon itself isnt recorded so the retcon never happened and what is told is what allways was and what was never happened.

fictional histories actualy follow the double think rules set up in novel "1984"

what we say happened and what happened didnt happen, unless we say it did.
Doesn't mean the information never existed. Quite frankly I approve of Night Elves being different then Trolls. They suffer enough.
Which is semantics.

It was a retcon. If they admit it or not doesn't matter.

It was still a retcon. I get what your saying, but admitting or denying the truth doesn't stop it from being the truth, even in 1984. It just changed the perception of it.