BG Bots : Bliz should I keep reporting?

Battlegrounds
Post Limit:
04/04/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Amojun
used to

They haven't gone anywhere...

oh look who it is.

Anyways...

Your right we haven't gone anywhere. but blizz did take a stab at us.
So how much does it cost to BOT? 30 bucks? maybe WE ALL SHOULD DO IT SINCE bliz doesnt care.

30 bucks for capped honor and 85-90 grind done without a worry or care. I for one have multiple toons and spend the time leveling them when I can - but going into a BG with 4-5 on each side - wtf is that about?

Bliz do something please ---- BLUE POST?
Bliz do something please ---- BLUE POST?

Sadly you're never going to get a Blue post in here.

The one Green poster for these forums NEVER posts here, he needs to be replaced.

The only PVP Forums that get Blue responses is the EU PVP Forums. The only thing that gets done in these BG forums is thread deletes and user bans. The rest of it falls on deaf ears.
That is very sad...
04/03/2013 09:10 PMPosted by Flásh
Well I've reported heavens knows how many, to no avail. I think blizz just partakes in drinking games with each complaint. Cheating? 1 shot, botting? Drink beer. Foul language? Hahahaha!

I gave up reporting them. Blizz could fix this but they wont.
This bot problem has been around for at least 5 years. Blizzard could of done something about the bots when they all stood in the Alterac Valley cave but didn't. Now they have evolved and are running around the battlegrounds. Blizzard has been blowing smoke for years saying they are doing everything they can to combat the bots.

Been hitting the report button for years, brought the topic to the forums numerous times only to get the trolled by the mvp wannabes "report and move on ", " you can't know if they are botting for sure", "I never see the amount of bots people claim", "this is not the correct forum, "blizzard bans in waves" etc etc and then a blue locks the thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------
This was posted 2 years ago by a blue.
03/15/2011 06:17 PM Posted by Bashiok

"We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned."
------------------------------------------------

How's that aggressive action working out for ya ?

I finally had enough, waited more than 5 years and it only got worse every year.

Done with it.
That is a pretty light response from a blue post. I hope they can see what a mess Bots are making PvP!
I just started playing again after 6 monthes and i can def say there are more bots since i played last... it's really sad that blizz hasn't done anything about this that has made an impact
------------------------------ ╔════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═══════════╗ ------------------------------

No idea what you are talking about, when u say bots are everywhere. The bot problem was fixed a while back by removing the ability to /Follow from battlegrounds.

-Screenshot, or it didn't happen.

*lol*

I dunno if I agree with that, but at least we got rid of those pesky multi-boxers!

------------------------------ ╚════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═══════════╝ ---------------------------------
I gave up reporting them. Blizz could fix this but they wont.

There's no point in reporting anymore. It won't do anything. Don't even waste your time.

The bots pay money to Blizzard too, so good luck with this.

04/04/2013 06:44 AMPosted by Blastaberry
You guys are bringing me down with this thread.

Don't listen to these people. Most are ignorant, bitter, and/or cynical. Bots continue getting banned and there's plenty of proof going around. Keep reporting, and they'll keep banning. They just don't go out of there way to publicize every time they ban something to keep awareness down.

So many people complain about how laziness is ruining PvP, but now apparently it's too hard to click on someone and report them.
the problem with taking the time to report them - you spend so much time people think your bot!
So many people complain about how laziness is ruining PvP, but now apparently it's too hard to click on someone and report them.

It's not that it's too hard to click the names....I just honestly don't care to anymore. They won't go away, so rather than worrying about who is afk, who is doing what...I just play the game the best I can. Idc if Blizz is banning some, seems like they just multiply at times. If we lose, so be it :)
Don't listen to these people. Most are ignorant, bitter, and/or cynical. Bots continue getting banned and there's plenty of proof going around. Keep reporting, and they'll keep banning. They just don't go out of there way to publicize every time they ban something to keep awareness down.

Here's the thing, whatever if anything blizzard has done or is doing isn't doing squat, it's not making one bit of difference.
Maybe there would be 8 bots instead of the 7 running around the battlegrounds without the superhuman anti bot efforts of blizzard but that doesn't impress me much.
"We are aware of the situation and working on solution" - Blizzard Entertainment (circa 2007)

Its beyond pathetic nowadays. 99% of players have given up anything being done and just accept it as part of the game.

Sad.