No longer playing WoW due to easy PvE content

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Post Limit:
04/05/2013 08:50 AMPosted by Ovi
You're not eligible to get secrets in both LFR and normal. Its either one or the other, so if you're 9/12 (or 3/12 or 6/12) you don't have to run all the LFRs.

Can anyone else confirm this? I may have just learned something to save me some headache :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8178768002#15

I don't do much LFR on this toon anymore... OS gears (and minor MS upgrades) are good but just not worth the opportunity cost for other fun stuffs for me...
Was so happy Blizzard decided to do that with the drops.

As for the topic, laterz.
I give this topic a 10/10 for the sole fact that I learned I never need to do LFR.
-3/10, you're not even an LFR Hero, come on now.
04/05/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Ovi
you currently need to do all ToT wings on LFR as well in order to maximize how many secrets of the empire you can get.

You do realize you can only get them from one right? if you get them from the first 3 in LFR, you can't get them from the first 3 in normal. Or at least that's what they said.
04/05/2013 11:55 AMPosted by Naumu
you currently need to do all ToT wings on LFR as well in order to maximize how many secrets of the empire you can get.

You do realize you can only get them from one right? if you get them from the first 3 in LFR, you can't get them from the first 3 in normal. Or at least that's what they said.

Drop rate sucks anyway. I've got a grand total of 6.
1/10.

Didn't even bother doing LFR. To easy.
04/05/2013 06:18 AMPosted by Carathen
The problem for me is dailies, heroic mode dungeons and LFR.

I'll agree that 5-man heroics are a joke. But that's why there are challenge modes which certainly aren't a joke for any casual group not practicing each one.

I find little interest in them honestly and I also wish for more of a challenge in normal heroic 5-mans. Previous xpacs we had a lot of QQing about heroic dungeons being too difficult so Blizzard nerfed them as they do all content. To be honest you could get away with no healer in most current 5-man heroics with a DK tank and or geared toons.

You can't please everyone because no matter what Blizzard does they get complaints. It's a no win situation but I think challenge modes are a change in the right direction.

As for dailies - I despise them so don't do them period. I might have to change that since I raid and coin rolls will have some neat changes in 5.3 that will make the pain worth it.
I give this topic a 10/10 for the sole fact that I learned I never need to do LFR.

I pretty much have this same feeling.
I think he is more so saying he doesn't think that all the extra stuff you have to do to keep up with normal and eventually heroic raiding is worth doing(daily quests, daily heroic dungeon, LFRs). If you don't do these as a raider you are gimping your group intentionally.

But that's always been the case.

Let's say we're back in Wrath.
• A player who does VoA runs will be better geared than one who does not.
• A player who does OS runs will be better geared than one who does not.
• A player who does heroics will be better geared than one who does not.
• A player who did the daily grind with Sons of Hodir would have better stats than one who does not.
• A player who PUG runs old content will be better geared (for alt spec if not for main spec) than one who does not.

It has never been true that you could hit max level, start raiding with your group, and expect that only raiding would be as effective at gearing your character than raiding in addition to non-raiding activities.

And OP seems to be ignoring that there is a tipping point when doing non-raid content gives less and less of a return for effort.

Early tier: EVERYTHING is an upgrade. Even if your guild did a full MSV clear on the first day that MSV was released, you had some (likely many) gear slots that could be upgraded through heroics, VP, and LFR.
Mid tier: While non-raid content doesn't offer any main-spec upgrades, there are still upgrades for off-spec. In addition, when VP upgrade Ethereals were around, this kept VP valuable, and you could not cap VP through raid content alone.
Late tier: Outside the content that your raid group is working on, there are no other upgrades.

You know that this is true. Think back to the first weeks of MoP. You'd run heroics back to back, happily replacing all those 430-450 quest items with 463 items. Now you maybe run a heroic once a day for the 80 VP, and rep bonus if you need. I can't remember the last time I did MSV LFR (and I could still use a boot upgrade for my feral set).

If you continue to act the same way you did early in the tier, yes, it's going to seem like the work never ends. But as your group progresses, you progress too.
I think the OP raises a valid point, if you want difficult content you have two options: Heroic Raiding(Huge time sink) or Challenge modes, that is all. Nonetheless, it would be nice if he at least tried the real challenging content before complaining ;s.
You're all welcome!
I think the OP raises a valid point, if you want difficult content you have two options: Heroic Raiding(Huge time sink) or Challenge modes, that is all.

Normal modes too are probably the hardest they have been since they introduced them, and are challenging to many players. Yet OP hasn't completed T14 normals either.
04/05/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Moophious
Previous xpacs we had a lot of QQing about heroic dungeons being too difficult so Blizzard nerfed them as they do all content.

It wasn't just QQing, it was people quitting over it. They really touched the third rail on that one.
We lost heroic content, and got normals as end game.

Challenge modes aren't even on par with heroic difficulty, the timers are the only thing that are really out of the way.
04/05/2013 06:18 AMPosted by Carathen
Before you start armory trolling me with the usual "you didn't even full clear the current tier on heroic"

Its not really trolling. When people come in and complain about how easy content is, when they have not actually DONE the content, it is a solid valid argument that they in fact have no argument.
So then raid. That's what it's there for. It's a lot of fun and a HUGE jump in difficulty from LFR.

The Single Player content in this game and small group content has ALWAYS been relatively easy and tedious. Every MMO is like that. At least WoW has challenge modes though which are a nice step up from the faceroll easy heroics.

Raids are the real PvE content in this game though, the rest of the stuff is just there to keep the non-raiders happy and to provide something OTHER than raiding for everyone else to do.
When it comes to dungean finder and LFR, I want the difficulty level to be doable by people with no coordination. The main reason I say that is I get dungeon finder and LFR groups with people that do not speak the same language in a literal since. I have been grouped with people that speak spanish, portuguese, and several other languages.

You may not realize it though since many of them type nothing because they do not understand what people are talking about (and also to prevent from being kicked because they do not speak english).
When it comes to dungean finder and LFR, I want the difficulty level to be doable by people with no coordination. The main reason I say that is I get dungeon finder and LFR groups with people that do not speak the same language in a literal since. I have been grouped with people that speak spanish, portuguese, and several other languages.

You may not realize it though since many of them type nothing because they do not understand what people are talking about (and also to prevent from being kicked because they do not speak english).

I managed to clear some of the Cataclysm dungeons (pre-nerf LoTD) with mixed language groups before.

It's definitely doable people just have to have the mindset of wanting to actually learn and understand mechanics rather than mindlessly faceroll through everything.