Tailoring Trouble

Professions
I just recently began my profession as a tailor, and I got all the way to 60/75. I encountered a problem though, the clothing I as able to make (Linen Cloak, Linen Pants, and Linen Shirt) became low-level Tailoring items. I'm not sure, Do I level up slower or just get no XP (towards Tailoring) from making these items?
You need to buy more patterns from the Trainer
Lowest level one requires 100 Tailoring.
Don't you get skill ups from bolting wool somewhere in there?
If you are level 65-70 you should be able to make a great deal more of things. You should even be able to make green items and maybe bags. Make sure your talking to a tailor trainer and buy everything as high as you can (what I do anyways but regardless buy higher lvl stuff). Also if your that high make sure you also have Journyman tailoring level. If your stuff is low level you will almost always or maybe always be able to buy harder things to make.
Did you remember to upgrade after 50, so your highest level is 125 instead of 75? I sometimes forget to do that, and at 75 nothing gives me skill points.
Lowest level one requires 100 Tailoring.

I just checked the Tailoring Trainer, and there are recipes to buy that require these tailoring levels:
15, 20, 30, 35, 40, 45, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 85, 100, 110, and so on.

Whatever your level, some of these will show up as orange and yellow in your Tailoring window, which means making one gaurantees a skill-up.