Least favorite raid mechanic ever?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
1 2 3 5 Next
We know everyone is complaining about Durumu's maze of happiness ATM, so what is in your opinion the worst raid mechanic ever designed?

Mine is, Spinning Turtles. Whoever designed that must've tried thinking of the most annoying mechanic ever. Instead of making them do lots of damage, they do damage and just keep launching you in the air. So annoying. And frustrating (yes, this is somewhat ironic coming from a hunter)
Nothing, nothing beats Unchained Magic for a terrible mechanic.
Hide.

Seriously, I think of my 5 year old cousin when fighting Lei Shi.
Getting Rhyolith to turn was easily my least favorite mechanic.
Turtles is interesting because they have actually followed a suggestion that has been put forward a number of times. If dps don't do what they are supposed to (kill turtles) it harms their dps.

Of course what in fact happens at the lfr level is 6-9 turtles are running around the healers get interrupted and lose tanks and its once again its a wipe to "healer" failure.

Personally I am not a fan of the hard enrage. Its just such a lazy way of designing things.
As well as Rhyolith and Unchained Magic already mentioned:

• Shannox spawn method
  • Baleroc healing
  • Ulduar-style hardmode activations. E.g. kill XT's heart in time.. Whoa batman, completely different fight now begins
  • Any mechanic where 1 person can wipe a 25man raid.
In Ulduar, Hodir's "Biting Cold":

Biting Cold
Deals increasing periodic damage to stationary enemies. Movement diminishes this effect.

If you stand in place and cast heals, you take increasing damage until you die. Healing that with two holy pallies and a resto druid (on 10-man) was torture on the paladins, whose only instant-cast spell at the time was Holy Shock.
Lei-Shi's Pushback, Lei-Shen's Violent Winds. Kil'Jaeden's cunning must be a reaaaaaaaaaal nice spell.
If you stand in place and cast heals, you take increasing damage until you die. Healing that with two holy pallies and a resto druid (on 10-man) was torture on the paladins, whose only instant-cast spell at the time was Holy Shock.

Campfires allowed you to stand still, they were up for 3/4s of the encounter.
Anything that is a % damage buff.

Biting Cold
Deals increasing periodic damage to stationary enemies. Movement diminishes this effect.

But you could circumvent it by standing by the NPC Mage's fire, and the healers didnt really need to run around for the lightning buff anyways
The disease mechanic from Heroic Putricide. Can't remember the name of the disease that you pass from person to person, but hated organizing that and keeping track of it.
The disease mechanic from Heroic Putricide. Can't remember the name of the disease that you pass from person to person, but hated organizing that and keeping track of it.

Unbound Plague

Biting Cold

Stand near the Cozy Fire. Next plz.

Most annoying mechanic would go to LFR Durumu's yellow beam pre-nerf. Honestly, a beam that spins SLOWLY around his stage and only revealed the appropriate color add for a brief moment? That had to be hands down the worst mechanic ever.
Blood Mirror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDYYWbAzd4
I don't think it has been used on a boss yet, but smoke bomb is the most irritating ability I can think of that hasn't been mentioned already. Maybe if it was more responsive it wouldn't be so bad, but half the time you can be standing in the cloud basically on top of your target and still not be able to cast anything.
Reshape Life.

Hands down.

Bar none.

Next question.
Naxx 40 being able to be ported into the hallway literally 2 seconds before the Heigan dance.

Oh and the 2 arcane resist tanks on old High Astromancer Solarian was pretty stupid as well, but at least it didn't cause headaches.
Sindragosa!

I hate that fight with a passion. Making a healer not heal is pure torture.