Least favorite raid mechanic ever?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Reshape Life.

Hands down.

Bar none.

Next question.
As well as Rhyolith and Unchained Magic already mentioned:

• Ulduar-style hardmode activations. E.g. kill XT's heart in time.. Whoa batman, completely different fight now begins

I'm surprised at this. I think most people who got to experience Ulduar prefer that method of hardmode activation vs. the simple menu selection. The Ulduar style of of hardmode activation was much more interactive for the raid group. In XT's case, it was also a great litmus test if you were even capable of doing the hardmode. If you couldn't even "kill" the heart, chances are you couldn't do the hardmode.

• Ulduar-style hardmode activations. E.g. kill XT's heart in time.. Whoa batman, completely different fight now begins

I'm surprised at this. I think most people who got to experience Ulduar prefer that method of hardmode activation vs. the simple menu selection. The Ulduar style of of hardmode activation was much more interactive for the raid group. In XT's case, it was also a great litmus test if you were even capable of doing the hardmode. If you couldn't even "kill" the heart, chances are you couldn't do the hardmode.

Yea I agree here. That first time you break the heart on purpose feeling.
Vehicle fights. Specifically, Flame Leviathan. The rest of Ulduar is so good, but the first boss is so awful.
I CLICKED MY TEARS I SHOULDNT HAVE DIED!
Every single thing Lei Shi does. Even the god damn annoying screeching voice.

!@#$ that kid.
Rhyolith was actually a fun encounter to drive, but then I did the driving so I enjoyed it.

I raise you - Mag.
Setting targets on Garr's adds, before raid markers existed.
Dire call ghost dino's.
Setting targets on Garr's adds, before raid markers existed.

This was terrible.
Cube clicking on Magtheridon.
Gruul shatter.
Everything Lei Shi.
Reshape Life.

This is off the top of my head.
1. Rhyolith driving
2. Al'Akir everything
3. p2 Anub aura
4. EoE drakes

It is a far better method of starting heroic modes if you're planning on doing them. The main complaints came from those that didn't want to start the heroics, or if you're going in without really knowing that something was meant to be a "hard mode" such as iron council. It also lead to detrimental boss design at times, due to the requirement for some trigger.
Rhyolith was actually a fun encounter to drive, but then I did the driving so I enjoyed it.

I raise you - Mag.

HAHAHAHA oh my yes.
Medivh's cheat on the Chess Event while attempting to solo it.

RNG at its finest.
Oondastas 1 shots
Not a boss mechanic, but those effing Gargoyles in Naxx40 DROVE ME INSANE. People not paying attention? Some folks fell behind? Have fun!
Every boss you don't kill. That is, every boss where you get it down to 10% or whatever but then an NPC comes in to save the day and finish the boss off because god forbid the players actually get the glory for all the hard work they've put in.
The Madness of Deathwing mechanic where it lasts 15 min.

Lei Shi, all of it, is a nice second.
Hmm, there's a couple.

I hate "Offtank" mechanics that don't actually require anything, like Saber Lash and Blood Mirror, where the just have to stand there and soak the damage the whole fight...

I personally didn't like the skulls in Yogg brain rooms. I like the mechanic of "Don't look at it" I just didn't like the way they worked with the brain rooms between not initially seeing them, requiring you to memorize them plus the pace you were required to burn through the rooms to kill all the targets. It tended to result in "Who knows how to do it? Alright, you're taking portals; don't screw it up."

Shields that explode your raid when that guy in the raid hit them...like from Electron on ODS. The other shields are fine, but that one always drove me crazy.

Abilities that required specific classes to get past (Spellsteal, Mind Control, etc)

Short duration interrupt rotations that required several people. These have been around forever, and I wish they'd go away. Interrupting dangerous spells every so often is fine; every six seconds is just asking for someone to hit the key by mistake. Nef heroic was probably the worst offender of this with his pillars, but these were all over the place over the expansions (Reliquary, Maloriak, Nef, Halfus, Cho'gall, Vezax, etc)