Dungeons too easy

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
The dungeon are way too easy now. There is no challenge at all. Look at my gear most of the dongeon I can just cast Holy Fire once every 10 sec and do fine. In cata there was real challenge in dongeon and I liked it. Now if we wipe it can only be because the tank pull the whole room and the healer is not ready.

I don't mind easy questing but the dongeon should be a lot more challenging. For exemple the Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub was my favorite in cata. They was challenging and requiered some team work. Now the tank can almost solo most of the dungeons.
They are a bit too easy, but that's where Challenge Modes come in. If you want the 5man challenge get a group of people together and start doing some of those.
04/09/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Pez
The dungeon are way too easy now. There is no challenge at all.

Perhaps you should try the Challenge modes.
04/09/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Pez
In cata there was real challenge in dongeon and I liked it.

Unfortunately a lot of people didn't. So that's why we have LK heroic style dungeons again.

Could try CM's and see how much you like those, but they get boring quick too.
It's really baffling to me how people received ZA/ZG 5-mans poorly. They had a ton of polish and the encounters were great (and pretty taxing at the intended gear level). I can only assume people are conditioned to hate "rehashed content" even though ZG and ZA are "new content" for like 90% of the playerbase (conservatively).
90% of the playerbase missed out on ZG?

I remember pugging it with alts on Mannoroth back in Vanilla by the end of it.
It's really baffling to me how people received ZA/ZG 5-mans poorly. They had a ton of polish and the encounters were great (and pretty taxing at the intended gear level). I can only assume people are conditioned to hate "rehashed content" even though ZG and ZA are "new content" for like 90% of the playerbase (conservatively).

Problem with ZG/ZA was that there were only 2 dungeons in the tier, and how "alt friendly" Cata was; the place gets old very fast after your 50+ runs among mains/alts... It got to the point where I just queue for Cata release heroics even though it's less VP just for a change of scenery...

It would be better if they release Zuls at 4.3 along with HoT dungeons... possibly something they plan to do in MoP (reasons why no dungeons release in 5.1-5.3)...

Virtually no one playing nowadays has been playing since Classic, and few players in classic even raided at the level of ZG20. For ZG it is probably more like 99.9%,

Virtually no one playing nowadays has been playing since Classic, and few players in classic even raided at the level of ZG20. For ZG it is probably more like 99.9%,

I can also make up numbers on the internet.

And various false claims.
Dungeons in Cata where not hard.. maybe when cata first came out, but The hour of Twilight ones, i just smite healed stuff on my priest, and tried not to fall asleep
Challenge modes are not interesting at all and "heroic scenarios" or whatever name those will go by sound like an awful idea as well.

I just can't get behind the challenge of challenge modes being HOW FAST CAN YOU DO THESE 5-mans!? It restrict compositions in some cases, especially if you are shooting for a record time.

It kind of reminds me of how classes/specs were unfavorable in BC heroics due to lack of CC or what have you with how certain specs are undesirable for pushing through challenge modes.
04/10/2013 01:07 AMPosted by Stratis
It restrict compositions in some cases, especially if you are shooting for a record time.

Not really, I've done perfectly fine with some very odd comps.
Granted this is the 5th character I have 9/9 gold completed on, but there's a lot of possible group comes that work pretty well in challenge modes.
and as soon as they buff them, the new thread would be omg 5 man dungeons too hard, QQ

just shut the hell up
and as soon as they buff them, the new thread would be omg 5 man dungeons too hard, QQ

just shut the hell up

Suddenly, the clouds drift apart and an angel drifts down from the heavens to the sound of a choir of heavenly voices chanting.

"You have done it, Eyenevadie" the angel speaks. "All QQ threads have ceased because of your post. You have achieved the impossible."
Problem IMO is Blizzard basically decided, if you want tough pve content you raid. Everything else is for casuals. I think for many casuals (judging by their play in LFR) at gear level 5 mans would be a relatively good challenge with all casuals. Same with LFR. If there was a 25m casual group it'd be a good challenge for them. (See weekend, Monday LFR quality).
04/10/2013 09:20 AMPosted by Zikx
Problem IMO is Blizzard basically decided, if you want tough pve content you raid. Everything else is for casuals.

Challenge modes

I just can't get behind the challenge of challenge modes being HOW FAST CAN YOU DO THESE 5-mans!? It restrict compositions in some cases, especially if you are shooting for a record time

This sounds like someone who has not done challenge modes. Some of the encounters are tricky. The timer is an extra thing to shoot for and only if you are super serious.

I just can't get behind the challenge of challenge modes being HOW FAST CAN YOU DO THESE 5-mans!? It restrict compositions in some cases, especially if you are shooting for a record time.

You clearly have never done a challenge mode. They aren't the same as heroics with just a time element on them. They are a lot harder, require lots of practice and coordination just to get past the first trash pack. The bosses have more health, do more damage, and in some cases even have new abilities. Now take all that, and try and do it as fast as possible.
Challenge modes are easy, they just have the pressure from the timer.
Challenge modes are easy, they just have the pressure from the timer.

It's interesting to see that someone has never wiped on a Challenge mode boss.