Isle of Thunder Rare Hunting?

General Discussion
I'm pretty new to this isle of thunder, and i read that the The Codex of Xerrath drops off the rare mobs all around the isle.

Since i have been doing the dailies the past few days i have helped kill a few rare spawns here and there, but there seems to be no organisation to it. Do people actually make parties for killing rare spawns, is there a method to the madness?

Also is there a addon that i can use to mark their spawn locations on my in-game map besides using npc scan? Npc scan is nice, but as far as i know you needed to delete your temp files every time you discover one.
I healed for a party that killed summonable rares. It was interesting, not much fun, but interesting.
I am sure it varies by server but on Thrall typically they get called out when spotted and the pull doesn't happen for a minute or two after that, we are pve and don't have a high alliance pop so we don't have to worry about tags being stolen that frequently. You don't have to be in party to get credit for the kill so long as your faction tagged the rare. Also doesn't matter if you die so long as you hit it, you will still get reward. From what I understand that book is also first come first serve if it drops so if other warlocks are around you will be racing them to loot it.

Only addons I know of for those rares just call out in general chat when you see one and also announces when you enter combat with it along with its percentage. Other than that just have to ask people for coords or have wowhead open and quickly find out on your own.
Solo them. I can solo all the rares on the Isle with my Hunter easily.

If you're having trouble, ask in the General chat if anyone would like to come help.
Do people actually make parties for killing rare spawns, is there a method to the madness?

Not really. It's individual-based loot. If you hit the rare, you'll be able to loot the rare.

Also is there a addon that i can use to mark their spawn locations on my in-game map besides using npc scan? Npc scan is nice, but as far as i know you needed to delete your temp files every time you discover one.

I think you should be able to do so with Tom Tom by adding in all the waypoints.
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69996#comments:id=1824210

If not, here's a map with all of their locations.
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/february/raresMap.jpg

so long as your faction tagged the rare

Despite what was initially stated, the rares don't go by faction-tag. As long as you hit it, you're eligible for loot.
I use Handy Notes in conjunction with Silver Dragon. I keep the Silver Dragon warning off but Handy Notes will use their data to mark your zone and mini maps with the spawn points of all the Pandaria rares.

so long as your faction tagged the rare

Despite what was initially stated, the rares don't go by faction-tag. As long as you hit it, you're eligible for loot.

Really? Both of my servers have a pretty heavy faction imbalance and I haven't encountered the situation, I just remember that being stated. Less reason to have to pull them quickly after calling it out.
Really? Both of my servers have a pretty heavy faction imbalance and I haven't encountered the situation, I just remember that being stated. Less reason to have to pull them quickly after calling it out.

Yeah. I saw a Horde soloing a rare and I helped him kill it. I was able to loot the rare after it died. :D

Anyone that does damage to them can get loot. Probably need to do more than a hit or two but it doesn't matter what faction you're on.
OP in order to get the The Codex of Xerrath off a rare mob you have to be the first warlock to loot the body if its on the body ...I see it on quite a few kills with Haywire he is on the beach of the Crag on the IoT......just keep killing rares sooner or later that book will drop and you will be the only Lock there to loot it....only locks can loot ....but like I said I see it though my pick up of my tome of valor on other rares....
The only rare faction tied is the one in the cave that drops the dagger.....every other rare on the isle if even horde or ally hit it first as long as you do dmg to the rare you can loot the rare....

Even the quest mobs like Itoka work that way. Anyone that attacks it gets credit.

I can attest to this.