Oh I would love to see this in 5.3

Warrior
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next

That would be ridiculously overpowered for PVP, moreso than TFB was. The amount of damage you would do in one global would be retarded.

Ahahaha can you imagine?!
Full cool downs popped after setting up 3 Whirlwinds? That would literally one shot.

Pressing one button and each one critting for 100k+, ahhhhh let a guy dream.
Still would like to hear some feedbacl o what you guys think of the change? I Edited my Op to clarify any confusion on how it would work.
As I said in the other thread, I prefer a "hand of guldam style". Start at 2/2 charges, 15s recharge and enrage procs instantly refreshes 1 charge. Rage cost unchanged.

No impact on max pve dps (while providing bad luck streak protection), buff to entry lvl gear warriors and a bump in pvp viability.
^

Would love that change.
As I said in the other thread, I prefer a "hand of guldam style". Start at 2/2 charges, 15s recharge and enrage procs instantly refreshes 1 charge. Rage cost unchanged.

No impact on max pve dps (while providing bad luck streak protection), buff to entry lvl gear warriors and a bump in pvp viability.

I saw that in the other thread, and my thing with it is that i still opens you up to a long dead period if you have zero charges and low crit rating. 6 sec cd means that even if you have a zero enrage streak you still have access to your hard hitting ability, although you pay more for it and it doesnt hit as hard, i would take that over a Wildstrike or heroic throw or some other filler ability.

It also opens fury up to some massive double raging blow streaks, RB is coming off cd and you get one charge, then cs crits now you can double RB a target for some quick burst, then say bt crits and you use zerker, you just performed 4 rbs in short order. that my only worry. Whereas a 6 sec cd that resets and gives 1 charge makes it so it really does act like it does now minus the fact it will be available 6 sec later. it reduces burst and increases consistency
Would like to get some more opinions on this matter, hopefully this can be something implemented into the game to help fury be more fun for fresh geared players/pvp players as well.
I am wondering if a 6 second cooldown is too short.

That short of a cooldown would make it almost the same effect as if your BT crit every time. I could see that affecting PVE dps (increasing) for well geared people.

Say you had 0/2 RB stacks following your last RB, you BT(crit), 1/2 RB stacks, next BT(noncrit), you get 2/2 RB stacks 1.5 seconds later anyway since 6 seconds has passed. Its almost no penalty for not getting a BT crit.

Obviously there are so many scenarios and ways this could play out and not affect well geared players, this was just one I thought that might.

How would 10 seconds work? In that same scenario above, you would have another BT in between. Well geared players are most likely going to crit with BT if they did not the last time (statistically speaking) and low crit PVP and newly geareds won't suffer from 2 non-crits in a row (maybe even 3 non-crits on unlucky streaks).

A 10 second recharge may also have better synergy with CS too.

I may be analyzing it wrong and if so, I am open to constructive criticisms.
I capped arena this week as Fury just to see what it was like.... Would suggest the following

1. Wild Strike costs 10 rage outside of bloodsurge
2. Blood Thirst now hits for 150% Weap dmg with 3.5sec CD when used against other players
3. Bloodthrist now allows the use of raging blow stacking up to 2 times
4. Colossus Smash now has a 12sec CD when used against other players
5. Raging blow no longer requires both weapons
6. Wild strike can no longer be blocked dodged for parried

There was so much RNG it was beyond frustrating.. Sometimes going 3-4 rotations without a single RB!!! I used zerker rage to proc it a couple times and found myself sitting in a full fear with no break.. :(

BT hits like a wet noodle... Honestly its a freaking joke and should be hot fixed buffed against players tomorrow. They should also remove the enrage RNG from RB like tomorrow...
I am wondering if a 6 second cooldown is too short.

That short of a cooldown would make it almost the same effect as if your BT crit every time. I could see that affecting PVE dps (increasing) for well geared people.

Say you had 0/2 RB stacks following your last RB, you BT(crit), 1/2 RB stacks, next BT(noncrit), you get 2/2 RB stacks 1.5 seconds later anyway since 6 seconds has passed. Its almost no penalty for not getting a BT crit.

Thats not how it would work though. Your at 0/2 stacks and you just used RB so its on its 6 sec cd, You use Bt and it crits, RB cd is reset and you have the buff Raging Blow! (like it works now 12 sec duration, reduces the rage cost to 10 rage) next Bt is a non crit, Raging blow! buff is still counting down and nothing happens, Once the buff Raging Blow! expires and it costs 20 rage again, if you use it with the buff active, it goes on cd. its set up to work were it will not allow you extra RB's but rather, give you one every 6 sec if your not enraging.

I really dont think we would need to have BT or WS buffed if RB was available every 6 sec and has the ms effect tied to it, it would make us plenty viable and fix alot of issues without making major changes to its pve rotation, Also Rb is our hard hitter so i dont mind if Bt and WS dont hit hard.
2. Blood Thirst now hits for 150% Weap dmg with 3.5sec CD when used against other players
6. Wild strike can no longer be blocked dodged for parried

1.To low 20 rage would be more reasonable.
2. Thats too high, considering it has double crit chance thats 300% wep damage every 3.5 sec, plus that would screw up our rotation.
3. Although that would be nice, it would be too much, having better consistency is better then the random double burst with dead spots like you mentioned.
4. Incredibly Op, Fury is not balanced around cs while arms is, if you have that much uptime on cs it would be incredibly broken.
5. YES! or rather, it doesnt require you to have an wep in the off hand (like it was in cata).
6. Eh not really needed though it would be nice.

Really its more so even right now, that you can have periods where your not getting any enrages, even at 20% unbuffed crit (40% crit for bt) i have times were i dont have anything, and its frustrating.

Thats why the changes i suggested i think would go a long way in making fury viable due to having consistency (RB every 6 sec for 20 rage instead) while keeping pve balanced and helping out fresh 90 wars who have low cit but want to stay fury. Also i suggested if they made this change to move the Ms effect off Ws and put it on RB, that would give fury a reason to be brought to rbgs because 3 stack meatcleaver > RB spreads ms to targets and puts pressure on healers.

I really dont see how this would have negative effects but if i am wrong please correct me, i would like to have this thread really take off.
I saw that in the other thread, and my thing with it is that i still opens you up to a long dead period if you have zero charges and low crit rating. 6 sec cd means that even if you have a zero enrage streak you still have access to your hard hitting ability, although you pay more for it and it doesnt hit as hard, i would take that over a Wildstrike or heroic throw or some other filler ability.

It was an example. The recharge time can be more/less after testing what's the best balance option.

It also opens fury up to some massive double raging blow streaks, RB is coming off cd and you get one charge, then cs crits now you can double RB a target for some quick burst, then say bt crits and you use zerker, you just performed 4 rbs in short order. that my only worry. Whereas a 6 sec cd that resets and gives 1 charge makes it so it really does act like it does now minus the fact it will be available 6 sec later. it reduces burst and increases consistency

Enrages would reset the current recharge, no give you an aditional independent of the current recharge cd.
You are assuming is your recharge cd is at 2s, you crit a BT you get one charge and then 2s later another one.
What I was suggesting is that enrage procs finalize the current recharge, meaning that if you crit BT when your recharge time is at 2s cd, you get that charge instantly and then the new 15s recharge starts, you don't get double RBs.

Assuming my idea would work like you said, wouldn't matter cause the burst scenario you propose is already possible with current mechanics.

I capped arena this week as Fury just to see what it was like.... Would suggest the following

6. Wild strike can no longer be blocked dodged for parried.

1. I don't think it's needed. If it is, 25 would be enough.
2. The CD is fine as it is. Agree on the damage, not because we need more dps, but because a skill doing less damage than you autoattack feels dumb. But 150% is just too much. 110-120% max.
3. No. Fury is a RNG spec. We can ask for better mechanics to avoid bad luck streaks or extreme RNG, but not removing it.
4. They should nerf our entire damaging skills so that change doesn't make us damage gods.
5. Totally agree. Still trying to figure out why did they change that.
6. I can only agree on this because of the healing debuff. Having it attached to a expensive, low priority and avoidable skill is bad. I would prefer they move the healing debuff to BT/RB instead.
Enrages would reset the current recharge, no give you an aditional independent of the current recharge cd.
You are assuming is your recharge cd is at 2s, you crit a BT you get one charge and then 2s later another one.
What I was suggesting is that enrage procs finalize the current recharge, meaning that if you crit BT when your recharge time is at 2s cd, you get that charge instantly and then the new 15s recharge starts, you don't get double RBs.

Assuming my idea would work like you said, wouldn't matter cause the burst scenario you propose is already possible with current mechanics.

Ah see this here is what i was confused about, So how yours would work is pretty similar to what i was suggesting, except you start the fight out being able to use raging Blow back to back. That would work fine too, but i would maybe lower the charge time to 12 sec maybe, for some reason 15 sec would seem awkward. I kinda think it would be nice to, if you chose so, raging blow 3 times every 6 sec if you chose, but now that i get what you were saying that option would work really well too.

As for burst scenario yes how i thought you were suggesting is already possible, while burst however, my issue would have been outside of burst periods. but its been clarified so its fine.

1. I don't think it's needed. If it is, 25 would be enough.
2. The CD is fine as it is. Agree on the damage, not because we need more dps, but because a skill doing less damage than you autoattack feels dumb. But 150% is just too much. 110-120% max.
3. No. Fury is a RNG spec. We can ask for better mechanics to avoid bad luck streaks or extreme RNG, but not removing it.
4. They should nerf our entire damaging skills so that change doesn't make us damage gods.
5. Totally agree. Still trying to figure out why did they change that.
6. I can only agree on this because of the healing debuff. Having it attached to a expensive, low priority and avoidable skill is bad. I would prefer they move the healing debuff to BT/RB instead.

1. I think 25 might not be enough to really notice the change much, 20 rage would atleast give you an extra WS at 60 rage.
2. I think BT could stand to get bumped up to 100-110%. But if The RB changes went through it wouldn't be needed as much.
3. I agree.
4. I dont want fury to be balanced around csmash like arms is, Tbh i think cs is fine as is and i definitely wouldnt want to see Fury's already weak abilities ( Bt, WS) hit lower then they already are.
5. This is super annoying they should revert this change, it would help out so much if it could be used when you go sword and board.
6. Yes it should be moved, Preferably to RB if the changes to it suggested above were made. Again i think that would be the utility boost fury would need in order to be brought into rbgs, (spreading the ms effect via meatcleaver stacked Rbs).
The Raging Blow idea is something I'd like to see, somewhat.

What I like about Arms is there is always something to do. Overpower fits that role as you always have it and is cheap, fills in gaps. Raging Blow is essentially the "overpower" of Fury only you are locked out of it unless RNG favors you.

I think Fury as a PVE spec is fine but PVE is far more forgiving than PVP and honestly I don't think Blizzard really cares. They are focusing on Arms as the PVP spec and to their opinion at least we a decent PVP DPS spec that works, having two is not required.

Issues with Fury for me are:

- No cheap rage cost ability to use that you are not locked out of or at the mercy of RNG.
- We can't use all our primary abilities with a Shield such as Wild Strike. This needs to be addressed. Honestly I am surprised Blizzard let this slide. Yes Wild Strike says off hand, yes Raging Blow uses two weapons, but there needs to be a way to utilize both with a shield for less damage.

RNG is fine but I really don't think basing an entire spec around RNG is the best design in the long run. It has been a sticking point for Fury for awhile now. Fury being the most RNG spec... cool... but at the same time is it good design to, as a result, have large gaps in a rotation?
The Raging Blow idea is something I'd like to see, somewhat.

What I like about Arms is there is always something to do. Overpower fits that role as you always have it and is cheap, fills in gaps. Raging Blow is essentially the "overpower" of Fury only you are locked out of it unless RNG favors you.

I think Fury as a PVE spec is fine but PVE is far more forgiving than PVP and honestly I don't think Blizzard really cares. They are focusing on Arms as the PVP spec and to their opinion at least we a decent PVP DPS spec that works, having two is not required.

Issues with Fury for me are:

- No cheap rage cost ability to use that you are not locked out of or at the mercy of RNG.
- We can't use all our primary abilities with a Shield such as Wild Strike. This needs to be addressed. Honestly I am surprised Blizzard let this slide. Yes Wild Strike says off hand, yes Raging Blow uses two weapons, but there needs to be a way to utilize both with a shield for less damage.

RNG is fine but I really don't think basing an entire spec around RNG is the best design in the long run. It has been a sticking point for Fury for awhile now. Fury being the most RNG spec... cool... but at the same time is it good design to, as a result, have large gaps in a rotation?

Fury can stand to be less Rng reliant, Too little rng makes a spec predictable and boring, however, too much rng makes its unreliable and takes away the chance to maximize effectiveness due to not having much control over whats going on in the rotation. Allowing it to be on a charge system like drevi said, or allowing it to be used every 6-9 sec regardless of being enraged (to make enrage more important, Raging blows without the buff Ranging Blow! can to changed to only hit with the main hand, and enraged procced RBs hit with both weapons.)

But basically there needs to be a change to help fresh 90 fury wars and pvp fury wars have access to Rb that will not make BiS geared fury warriors OP. I think either allowing RB useable regardless of being enraged every 9 sec, or a charge system like drevi said with a 12-15 sec recharge time would fix these problems without being too much of a buff at all high end fury.

But i do think that my suggestion or drevi's were to be considered, they should move the Ms effect over to RB. It would give much needed utility to fury and would have little effect to pve what so ever.

We are not trying to take away the RNG or the gear scaling from fury, because thats pretty much the definition of the spec.

With my idea we would still scale godly from crit and still have bad luck streaks that makes you feel miserable.
But the "minimal crit %" needed to even be able to play the spec will go down and the bad luck streaks will be limited to 12s top, not to 30 like on live.
We are not trying to take away the RNG or the gear scaling from fury, because thats pretty much the definition of the spec.

With my idea we would still scale godly from crit and still have bad luck streaks that makes you feel miserable.
But the "minimal crit %" needed to even be able to play the spec will go down and the bad luck streaks will be limited to 12s top, not to 30 like on live.

Yea really there should be at most 10 or more sec of you not doing anything, anything over that becomes incredibly boring, non engaging, and makes you feel like there is nothing you can do
The RNG Fury style is ok, The only thing blizz should do is one on these:
a) Increase WW dmg
b) Increase BT crit change (a little bit)
c) Makea WW glyph, that increase enrage duration by using WW (like Die By theSword's one)

cus the noodle gap is retarded, but Fury is still fun.
The RNG Fury style is ok, The only thing blizz should do is one on these:
a) Increase WW dmg
b) Increase BT crit change (a little bit)
c) Makea WW glyph, that increase enrage duration by using WW (like Die By theSword's one)

cus the noodle gap is retarded, but Fury is still fun.

Tbh WW doesnt need a change fury just needs to be less RnG reliant for fresh/pvp fury warriors. The 2 charge system that Drevi suggested would really be all they would need to do, that, and my suggestion to move the Ms effect to Raging blow, if that was done then they can keep the weak damage on BT and WS
u know if the god of RNG favor you, you can do 4 RBs after a CS. i've learn recently the trick 2 beat the RNG( beside stacking crit) is Berserker Rage, i use it 2 keep my RB alive till my next CS.
In 4.1 i remember Fury> Arms and i also remember that WW dmg was no joke, even if u had bad luck with procs, foes still felt the pain.
u know if the god of RNG favor you, you can do 4 RBs after a CS. i've learn recently the trick 2 beat the RNG( beside stacking crit) is Berserker Rage, i use it 2 keep my RB alive till my next CS.
In 4.1 i remember Fury> Arms and i also remember that WW dmg was no joke, even if u had bad luck with procs, foes still felt the pain.

No, you can't.

CS last 6.5s, so you can get 4gcds inside. You can enter CS with 2 charges of RB, get an aditional with zerker rage but then to get the 4th you need to use BT, wasting your last CS gcd.

CS - RB - RB - zerker/RB - BT

Or, if you have reck up (or luck), you can CS - RB - RB - BT - RB