chance / amount of lesser charms?

Pet Battles
Post Limit:
I have some alts that need lesser charms of good fortune; are pet battles a reasonable way to obtain these? How does obtaining charms via pet battles compare to doing dailes?

Also, does it matter what pets you are fighting? I know that pet level matters; does it matter if the pet is a wrath, cata, or pandaria pet?

(If it matters, my alts' ilvls range from 460 to 480. I mostly use them for farming mounts in old content, so charms translate into mogu runes that get thrown at Oondasta / Nalak. This being said, speed is the main concern for obtaining charms).
Done correctly and barring incredibly bad runs of luck it is probably the most efficient way to collect lesser charms.
I'm thinking there might be diminishing returns on this. Been farming for about an hour. For the first 30 minutes I got about 70 charms, last 30 minutes maybe 15.
I'm thinking there might be diminishing returns on this. Been farming for about an hour. For the first 30 minutes I got about 70 charms, last 30 minutes maybe 15.

There is not, it is all random. Also almost 90 charms in 45 minutes pretty much proves my point.
I frequently will go to org and level my level 1's to level 5 and get tons of lesser charms. I used to go weeks without having Elder charms because I hated being required to do dailies for them. Now I over over 1500 of them and I get at least 15-45 a day just from the 17 pet tamer dailies (granted the fabled pet daily has multiple pets to fight, so more chances on that one).

Not sure about diminishing returns, I really just think it's all RNG based.
04/20/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Hearus

There is not, it is all random. Also almost 90 charms in 45 minutes pretty much proves my point.

What's your approach for this? My current plan would be to just beat up on groups of critters in Valley of 4 Winds with a kum lai run (stunted yeti if the runt dies). Is there a more efficient way of doing this?
My main still has a couple hundred charms from that one sandstorm that lasted an hour or so. (I still didn't see a single rare silithid hatchling, but I do have two uncommons.) Although I did also do quite a few dailies back in 5.0-1.

You can also get lesser charms from beasts of fable and pandaren spirits, I think. So if you haven't gotten everything you want from those yet, you might consider trying for them on your alt rather than on your main -- it's the same amount of effort (if the alt is 90), but the charms go to a character that can use them more (if you have lots of charms on your main already).
What's your approach for this? My current plan would be to just beat up on groups of critters in Valley of 4 Winds with a kum lai run (stunted yeti if the runt dies). Is there a more efficient way of doing this?

Grinding max level pets is the best. Hit bof and tamer dailies in pandaria for chance of pet sack drops as well.