Will Rise of the Hutt Cartel Kill WoW?

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Rift is a far better game than TOR any day.
7/10

Pretty good.
My smelly left boot has a better chance of killing WoW than ToR ever will.
Is there a "X will kill WoW" drinking game yet?
This is it! The Rise of the Hutt Cartel revolution begins today! In a mere few months everyone from WoW will have flocked to SWTOR! Enjoy your final days here!
This is it! The Rise of the Hutt Cartel revolution begins today! In a mere few months everyone from WoW will have flocked to SWTOR! Enjoy your final days here!

Haha.

So I played the new min-expansion for a bit and I was a bit disappointed to say the least. First, the quest objectives are spread around the map in very annoying ways. For example, one objective may be in the NE, then the SW, then the NW, then the NE again. It was a major turn-off for me.

Also, appears you were right about the storyline ending around 53. A lot of people were complaining about that in general chat on Makeb.

Granted, I didn't give the game much of a chance, and may go back to it another time, but so far...meh.
04/09/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Nourah

Haha.

So I played the new min-expansion for a bit and I was a bit disappointed to say the least. First, the quest objectives are spread around the map in very annoying ways. For example, one objective may be in the NE, then the SW, then the NW, then the NE again. It was a major turn-off for me.

Also, appears you were right about the storyline ending around 53. A lot of people were complaining about that in general chat on Makeb.

Granted, I didn't give the game much of a chance, and may go back to it another time, but so far...meh.

You just see fail to see brilliant game design.
Whats sad is they actually designed it to end at 53 /facepalm

You would think at a certain point designers would start learning, but damn if they don't have blinders on or something.

I can't believe they actually convinced people to pay for a content patch. Heck it should of been free because the original game sure wasn't worth what they charged for it.
The thing that gets me is what's the point of your sub if you have to pay for content patches? And if people think that's an expansion, then we should call 5.2 an expansion! Heck, this is an insult to games that have actual expansions like WoW and Rift.
The thing that gets me is what's the point of your sub if you have to pay for content patches? And if people think that's an expansion, then we should call 5.2 an expansion! Heck, this is an insult to games that have actual expansions like WoW and Rift.

Did 5.2 increase the level cap?

RotHC is an expansion. Swtor has had content patches. None of them added as much content as RotHC has.
04/10/2013 08:34 AMPosted by Zerofury

Did 5.2 increase the level cap?

RotHC is an expansion. Swtor has had content patches. None of them added as much content as RotHC has.

Increasing the level cap =! an expansion. It's all about the amount of content you get. And from what people have been saying, they hit level 55 in about 10 hours.

The amount of content in this so called expansion is about the same content that we got in 5.2. It's about the same content added in as in Rift's patches. Just because you raise the level cap doesn't make it an expansion.

Increasing the level cap =! an expansion.

They had to increase the level cap to justify charging subscribers for one questing zone and one raid.

Increasing the level cap =! an expansion.

They had to increase the level cap to justify charging subscribers for one questing zone and one raid.

And to try and get F2P people to actually give them some money because nothing else they give them is certainly worth it.

Its just like everything else BioWare has done with their F2P system, rub the F2Per's nose in it and give the subscribers no real benefit other than " at least you don't have to put up with the crap the F2P people do ".