JC Search Option

Professions
Post Limit:
Is there any way we could get a search option for JC?

Example - "Can you make me a strength / hit gem?"

Rather than needing to scroll through every gem looking for it, how about a search for strength gems? Search for hit gems?

Please?
I would even be ok with an add-on feature that allowed this - but can't find anything.
I don't think that type of search is really needed. the color search works perfectly fine for that purpose. you don't need to scroll through *every* gem if you at least understand how hybrid gems work and know what color gem to look for.
If someone comes to you and asks for an spirit / haste gem, you know immediately what gem that is? I don't think so.

It would just make it easier to find the recipe.

I need a gem with spirit - click the box and all the gems with spirit pop up.

We currently have the FILTER which we can search by Slots and Subclasses (which personally I use very rarely). A filter search by stat would be more useful than by subclasses.
I personally think this would be a great idea, and I was searching for a similar addon for quite some time. Unless you're a jewelcrafter, you really can't be expected to know what colors match up with every stat. I mean, I know that red = primary stats and that spirit and stamina are blue, but for anything else I have to look it up somewhere, and it's never convenient.

Bottom line, gem colors and stats are not at all intuitive, and a search for stats would be remarkably helpful.
there is already a search box in professions. it's that box next to the filter that says Search.

type "spirit" "expertise" or whatever you're looking for and it shows you what's available.
there is already a search box in professions. it's that box next to the filter that says Search.

type "spirit" "expertise" or whatever you're looking for and it shows you what's available.

This. I think you are limited to single words, so strength hit isn't necessarily an option, but it narrows the list down significantly.
There is a WoW Gem website out there that was never updated for any MoP content, however it has a bunch of filters on the right hand side that sort through all the gems. And the names are still relevant in MoP. For example an "Adept" gem is always +agi and +mastery gem regardless what the gem name is.

If you play with the filters you'll get a feel for which gems provide which stats. I doubt the default interface will have this kind of feature as long as addons are out there. In my opinion there is a far higher likelihood that an addon developer would do something like this. Especially given how large a JC book is these days.

*EDIT* I did see a Gem Helper add on on the Curse site, but can't vouch for how useful or helpful it might be.