Durumu maze "nerf"

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
The problem is knowing where the safe spot is going to be.

That's what makes this semi-good, if you knew where it'd be, it might not as well be a mechanic, at least how it is now it doesn't outright show you exactly where, but almost.

The maze safe spot is freaking huge on LFR now.

How huge is huge, like as huge as the range spot is? cause that's HUGE and the easiest path to take by far.
What's even more amazing than the Durumu maze is the trash maze. I love being teleported in and being almost dead because it puts me down in the middle of the eye sores and I take about 400k simply getting to the safe zone.

The mechanic isn't hard it is just poorly implemented. People want to think making something easier to see is an instant nerf for baby modes? Clearly they don't remember invisible void zones on Blaumeux. Be moving every time one could spawn or you would die. Even if the graphic didn't appear, it could still be there.
Stupidest mechanic I've ever seen since starting the game.

It'd probably be the only thing I'd support for straight up removal.
On an LFR basis only I'd support this mechanics nerf or removal, that or altering the graphic at least to make perceiving the path simpler. As it stands, with how short of patience an LFR groups going to be, you're never going to retain the same group for enough attempts to make it through Durumu.
04/06/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Autumni
95% of wow players, if not more can see the Maze

Citation needed

112% of all statistics quoted on the internet are made-up : /
I don't think that normal / heroic raiders will wipe to the mechanic once they understand it. If anything they should fix the graphic of the trash that comes before him. I find it more difficult then the actual maze.
Citation needed

Color blindness that would affect the maze is ~6% of males and 1% of females, so 95% would be an average estimate.
How huge is huge, like as huge as the range spot is? cause that's HUGE and the easiest path to take by far.

It feels about 2.5x as large as normals, but I could just be that Im crazy
I have been having a great deal of trouble seeing the maze even with all of my settings turned down on both LFR and Normal mode. Being able to see the maze should not change from difficulty to difficulty, it should be more about responding quickly enough to walking within the path as it moves along.

It is a visual affect that people are having a problem with, not the actual mechanic.
It is a visual affect that people are having a problem with, not the actual mechanic.

the 14 people who die to disinegration beam 2 seconds into the phase aren't dying because of the maze visual.

in fact, very few die to the maze, most die from standing in a stupid spot and never even making it to the opening safe spot (THE GIANT PURPLE SWIRLING LINES, that appear ~10s before the maze fills in)
I have been having a great deal of trouble seeing the maze even with all of my settings turned down on both LFR and Normal mode. Being able to see the maze should not change from difficulty to difficulty, it should be more about responding quickly enough to walking within the path as it moves along.

http://i.imgur.com/JlaLGOx.gif

Don't stand there staring at the ground.
So what are the eyesight issues that apparently make it impossible to see the maze? I've had glasses since I was like 8, have an old prescription right now, and I'm colorblind in most ways you can be. When I point the camera straight down I can see the maze just fine on LFR, though.
So what are the eyesight issues that apparently make it impossible to see the maze? I've had glasses since I was like 8, have an old prescription right now, and I'm colorblind in most ways you can be. When I point the camera straight down I can see the maze just fine on LFR, though.

Internet Whiner Syndrome.
It's perfectly possible that some people's videocard/driver setup introduces a conflict somewhere. As I posted in the other thread, someone even said they had a similar issue on Venoxis. If this is true, just post screenshots of the maze, which will be presumably unintelligible to all of us, because the problem isn't the user it's his graphics settings, which we'd all be able to see is the issue.

So, those of you having this problem, please take screenshots and post them in the bug report forum. That is, of course, if it is actually a demonstrable problem with your videocard or drivers.
I had a problem with it my first few attempts, but after trying again today, it went totally fine. If they're to do it, LFR only imo.
I'll admit, I greatly enjoy Durumu mostly because of the maze. I personally find it an incredibly fun mechanic. The problem with LFR is just that if you're not stacked well enough, then the safe spots don't open up under you and it gets a little harder to find them. But to be fair, this is countered by the Eye Sores doing practically no damage.
I still don't understand how people fail at this mechanic. I'm yet to die to it minus when a wipe is called because too many other people died to it...
if you support this fight as is you are officially an elitist
You can bypass the maze phase by just stacking in the fog, the opposite side which the beam is heading, and heal through the damage. Takes care of the issue until they fix it.