HCT 10: Bring Back Eyes of the Beast

Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
I would trade the swim increase for Eyes back. As a glyph.
I would trade the swim increase for Eyes back. As a glyph.
Now that I like better.
Who's going to Blizzcon?

Too expensive for too specialized of a convention, not to mention being the other side of the country. PAX = half the cost with way more to do and near the same time.
Oh, that was a bad move. I broke one of my own rules of anime.
I shall ever regret this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzd1-eqjeMk
enjoy ^____^
04/08/2013 09:56 AMPosted by Aertea
Who's going to Blizzcon?

Too expensive for too specialized of a convention, not to mention being the other side of the country.

Why you no like east coast, Blizz?
Lolblizzcon even if I could get the time off from work not worth the money IMO. In my younger days it was not these days :/

Side note: I name too many characters Sadew
I approve this thread title.

04/08/2013 06:54 AMPosted by Adarant
Who's going to Blizzcon?

I'm not! Even though I live in California. >.> <.<

I'll be in Monterey at that time lol. Going to my tech school :]
More than likely am.

Our guild is trying to have a meet up out there this year.

Oh, that was a bad move. I broke one of my own rules of anime.
I shall ever regret this.
Did you watch something dubbed? Tsk tsk
Did you watch something dubbed? Tsk tsk

There are actually some good dubs. Sadly, nothing recent is a good dub.

No, I broke my rule of not watching ongoing/still airing series.

When I get into a story, I want to finishing on *my* time, which is usually all at once.
When I get into a story, I want to finishing on *my* time, which is usually all at once.

Not anime, but Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and New Girl all left me with a similar problem. I still can't believe they're separating the final season of Breaking Bad into two years of half seasons.

04/08/2013 09:56 AMPosted by Aertea
Who's going to Blizzcon?

Too expensive for too specialized of a convention, not to mention being the other side of the country. PAX = half the cost with way more to do and near the same time.

By the time I realized that tickets to PAX East were on sale, they were sold out.
04/08/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Adarant

Not anime, but Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and New Girl all left me with a similar problem. I still can't believe they're separating the final season of Breaking Bad into two years of half seasons.

Way to milk it AMC /slowclap

sigh
Really sad I couldn't go to PAX. Tickets were sold out.
Can't get to Cali, as much as I would like to see Blizzcon just once and try one last bit at cosplaying.
Aiming for Anime Boston at the moment. Origa (the woman who sings the opening theme for Ghost in the Shell) is going to be performing there.
04/08/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Whim
Alt post or it didn't happen.
Will as soon as it pops up on my list.
Got invited to go to that one as well....Guy I know wants me to help with a booth he's going to have for his game studio.

Opinions on it? Or never been?
Got invited to go to that one as well....Guy I know wants me to help with a booth he's going to have for his game studio.

The best advice I can give is, never live with regrets of not doing something.
I hear Anime Boston is fantastic. Some say it's better than Big Apple Anime.
Also I think/hope a local bar will be doing some BarCraft during that time. They just started doing it last year.
Meh. Could be fun. Have some vacation time to use /shrug

For PAX?

I've hit PAXEast every year (BYOC as well). I haven't made it out to Prime yet, but I'd expect the con itself is similar, as both have about the same number of attendees.

Panels can be fun, but they can also be huge time sinks. Expect to show up super early if you want to get into anything huge. Blizzards panel for Hearthstone was full an hour before it started, and that was taking place at the same time as the opening ceremony/exhibit hall opening. In 2012 there was 3x the capacity of the meeting room waiting on the Bioware panel almost the second they opened the queue line (note: this was a couple months after ME3s ending pissed off the internet). They are also a great way to get Beta keys if you're interested in that; I picked up a FFXIV:ARR one.

I tend to spend a lot of time in the board game area meeting up with friends I don't get to see that often. There are constant tournaments for tabletop games (MtG and Dominion are pretty huge). Wizards also does some neat D&D pick-up games. There is a huge library you can "borrow" games from just to play with friends, or you can scout the exhibitors and sit down and play with the creators.

Overall it is a lot of fun, especially if you have a bunch of friends to enjoy it with.
Actually meant for Anime Boston.

Went to Pax in 2012. Was a hell of a lot of fun. Wanted to go this year but couldn't because of work.