Blizz Form 10-K Annual Report Filed 2/22/13

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 17 Next
04/08/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Tianjan

If you just gave that dude a free realm transfer, he'd stop throwing out enticing troll bait :)

Giving in to tantrums rarely leads to good things in the future. ;)

My theory of parenting is ruined. Ruined!

*Sulks off*
04/08/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Ranker
The way the bait glistened on that strange, pointy object was so enticing!

Oh yay you can be witty and no help at all.

And you expect players to foot the bill to move toons, And or waste more time and money (yes money because rerolling to a new server takes time And time = Money friend) So they can play the game the way it was supposed to be played?

You allowed things to get like this and then tell people who already pay to either pay more or restart? And you're ok with this? Pathetic, Sad and just down right laughable.

Ignoring the post where he actually gave useful information? Sounds like a great plan.

At the point the OP says he's going to keep doing this until they ban him or give him what he wants, it becomes a tantrum, and frankly, a little snark is in order. There are more constructive ways to go about this whole business without acting like an angry toddler.
04/08/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Ranker

Oh yay you can be witty and no help at all.

And you expect players to foot the bill to move toons, And or waste more time and money (yes money because rerolling to a new server takes time And time = Money friend) So they can play the game the way it was supposed to be played?

You allowed things to get like this and then tell people who already pay to either pay more or restart? And you're ok with this? Pathetic, Sad and just down right laughable.

And what's worse is so many people kissing blizz butt in this thread, And tbh they are the reason things wont change.

live with the consequences of your actions it is something that adults do. PvP happens on PvP servers and the OP is just crying about a few dollars for a character transfer. we all know that is the price. Blizzard never hid that or hide that or did they hide PvP happening on PvP servers.

LOL to the whiners.
and moderators and devs are people too. they can laugh and make remarks when they are due and OP needs to deal with it. So do other who lash out as soon as any blue makes a comments that doesn't give them what they want. So funny to read the people who freak out about that.
I will not pay to move. It is not the money, it is the principal. This is Blizzard's mess to clean up.

Did you have server balance issues in Cata? Probably not.

This made me cry a little inside.

There has always been server imbalances, and WE as the playerbase effed that up even more by xferring to places we thought were going to be better. Not Blizzard's fault, they are stuck trying to fix it, but it it ultimately our fault for doing it.
If $25 is too much then the monthly sub is too much as well as your high speed internet, laptops, PC's and Razor mice and Logitech keyboards. So don't talk about too much money.

don't play if it is too much.

late
WTF do people at random times post a pseudo business report on Blizzard here? Have folks never heard the saying "time and place for everything"....

I'm a grown adult....I have a site where I read the business news, my sports news, my tech news and the weather on a daily basis.

I'm fully capable of holding an economic, political or business debate on a variety of subjects...its just when I'm on my gaming computer logged into one of my games and the game website...I'm in recreation-time-to-relax-and-unwind mode.

Secondly...why do YOU care ? Unless you have a financial tie to the company - i.e.. shareholder (and btw when I say shareholder I really mean SUBSTANTIAL shareholder...seriously...I want to drop kick someone who says "I'm a share holder" and they own like 100 shares....not that over just 100 is substantial but you get my point I hope.) .

It goes like this....as long as the product entertains me and provides value *to me* , I will participate in supporting the product with my time and money. If it doesn't or if said product fails. I move on to another product to fulfill the same niche. Might be upset that it went under after years of playing the game...sure...but life goes on.

So yes all of us as fans naturally want blizzard to do well so they keep the game we like alive and well....but that's really it...beyond that - they fail....we'll get over it.

So why point out "oh this means this" and "this means that" from the business reports? That's just stupid.
Blizz what happend to gamers making games for gamers?
Something called Industry happened quite a long time ago.

I

Best question in this thread, possibly the forums as a whole.
Not, it's really not. It's actually kind of a hollow questiion that takes one line to answer and is only asked out of dismay, and is more loaded than a bar at happy hour.
You're seeing less time between content cycles as we continue to grow and essentially restructure our production pipeline, so that some designers within each WoW development team can focus on alternating patches. Mind you, there's no black-and-white divide in the team -- everyone's contributing in some way to each patch and expansion -- but we can have members from each team focused sharply on 5.3, while others are already working hard on 5.4 and beyond.

This restructure has worked out well, IMO. Old WoW patches were more akin to the early Firefox releases, but both these companies have drastically accelerated their release schedule to meet the rapidly changing landscape. It's the way to go in 2013.

I will say that 5.3 seems to be lacking in content compared to 5.1, as I don't think there's enough player power incentive in those Barrens quests, but we still have a full plate with Thunder Isle. That, and those quests will probably be removed when 5.4 or 6.0 hits anyway due to the sensitive shelf-life of a temporary incursion that will see complete resolution by the time we start getting hints of this next upcoming Burning Legion expansion.
04/08/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Dliver

If you just gave that dude a free realm transfer, he'd stop throwing out enticing troll bait :)

Personally I think if he does cough up the money for a transfer, it should get stuck in queue for 3 or 4 days. That would be fitting for the trolling.
We have reached this sad state where a group of people are willing to leverage their blatant ignorance of the financial trends in a half-assed attempt to justify opinions on a video game.

I do not want to live on this planet any more.
The only thing that would make this game worth playing is if you paid all those developers to roll back the last two expansions worth of new classes and abilities.

Right now its like Rock, Paper, Scissors but with a hundred other options, and about as fun too.

The recipe is:

-Change the fotm every so often
-Integrate popular addons
-Keep moving the goal-post
-Force people to participate in multiple parts of the game just to succeed in one

Too many years of this strat has finally worn itself out. The pvp population is about 10% what it was at its height, and there's a reason.
Form 10-K
Annual Report

Filed Feb 22, 2013

http://investor.activision.com/reports.cfm

Blizzard's net revenues increased for 2012 as compared to 2011, primarily due to the release of Diablo III in May 2012 and World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria in September 2012. The increase in net revenues was partially offset by lower subscription revenues from World of Warcraft due to a lower subscriber base.

At December 31, 2012, the worldwide subscriber* base for World of Warcraft was approximately 9.6 million, down from a base of more than 10 million subscribers at September 30, 2012, and approximately 10.2 million subscribers at December 31, 2011, with the majority of the decline from the East (where the "East" includes China, Taiwan, and Korea, and the "West" includes North America, Europe and Latin America).

Are you lacking attention or something? You posted this same thread on MMO-champion and got banned.