Ok, NOW I hate Windows 8...

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Post Limit:
This problem doesn't have anything to do with Win 8. The exact same thing would be happening on Win 7 if the OS can't load.

As far as changing your boot priority in your BIOS, when you power on your computer, stab at the [del] key repeatedly until it boots into BIOS (if you see a windows logo, you didn't press delete fast enough to catch it).

you'll boot into the "ez" bios or whatever the manufacturer calls the basic bios for your mobo. at the bottom of this screen you'll see a boot icon (looks like a picture of a hard drive). Click on this and it will let you assign priorities. Put CD first (it might call the CD drive an IDE drive or something, but if you bios is uefi, it should recognize the drive as what it is) and save and exit (F10 maybe? it'll be listed on the screen somewhere as save and exit, also when you try to exit it will always ask if you want to save)

After you've saved and exitted, it will automatically reboot. If the windows 8 boot cd is in the drive, you should be fine from there. Now, I must ask. What happened immediately before all of this that caused your OS to not function? The last time it happened to me was when I tried an unstable OC
This problem doesn't have anything to do with Win 8. The exact same thing would be happening on Win 7 if the OS can't load.

As far as changing your boot priority in your BIOS, when you power on your computer, stab at the [del] key repeatedly until it boots into BIOS (if you see a windows logo, you didn't press delete fast enough to catch it).

you'll boot into the "ez" bios or whatever the manufacturer calls the basic bios for your mobo. at the bottom of this screen you'll see a boot icon (looks like a picture of a hard drive). Click on this and it will let you assign priorities. Put CD first (it might call the CD drive an IDE drive or something, but if you bios is uefi, it should recognize the drive as what it is) and save and exit (F10 maybe? it'll be listed on the screen somewhere as save and exit, also when you try to exit it will always ask if you want to save)

After you've saved and exitted, it will automatically reboot. If the windows 8 boot cd is in the drive, you should be fine from there. Now, I must ask. What happened immediately before all of this that caused your OS to not function? The last time it happened to me was when I tried an unstable OC

I was playing WoW and was heading to the JP/VP vendors when my framerate plummeted to about 9 fps, then my computer crashed

I have figured out how to boot up to the disk, but I can't figure out how to restore anything
Ok at this point I don't care if I lose all my data, I just want to get my computer working again!
"I hate Windows 8 because I have a problem unrelated to Windows 8! Rawr!"

"I can't recognize a joke made out of frustration! Rawr!"

Anyway, either it was already this way or my own ineptitude made it worse, but something is broken beyond repair. Luckily it's still under warranty, so I'll be taking it up to Best Buy tomorrow