LFR no longer seems worth it to me.

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
I wish I would only spend 100g a night on repairs lol.
04/18/2013 02:35 AMPosted by Zolavix

Raids fail because they are hard. How long did it take anyone to kill Kael'thas anyone?

this was back in the day of before Item normalization, also back in the day where people thought they were hard core stuff.

Remember back in the day how many people didn't think to go OMG standing in this stuff is killing me... maybe i should move a quarter to the right and you know not stand in it?

there was a post a little while back either here or on WoW informer. regarding how hard it was actually to heal people in Vanilla and bc. because of this very reason.

Raiding is not hard. If you follow mechanics you will get done the fight easilly.

LFR is easier then say normal, but people still wipe on bossess cause they don't think to study.

If i try to take apart my computer5, but don't know what the parts do? am i gonna be able to do that? Nope, infact I prolly am gonna hurt myself or the computer.

Also the class design was hell of lot different then too. Today's raid encounters are all patchwerk with movement added in. I miss fights like Nef, high king maulgar, gruul, lady vashj, etc...

Its all lazy design now. Probably to appease min maxers that infest this game now.
i like cheezeburgers

cheezburgerz r gud

LFR should hand out cheezburgerz

WHO'S WITH US???
Also the class design was hell of lot different then too. Today's raid encounters are all patchwerk with movement added in. I miss fights like Nef, high king maulgar, gruul, lady vashj, etc...

Um, have you even raided this tier?
04/18/2013 06:10 AMPosted by Ruderlyn

Um, have you even raided this tier?

do you even lift?

<-- liftz cheezburgerz btw
Guise, we wanted LFR so we could see the content! Not get gear. right?
With the difficulty of the increased LFR, and the sure to be harder next tier of LFR, please consider increasing the gold amounts to be up higher to atleast cover our repair bills. If that is out of the question, make it so we do not take durability damage in LFR. I don't want to go broke while Im trying to gear. Enchants and gems aren't cheap.

Let me ask you this: what is it you find so difficult about LFR? Is it a mechanic in particular? I know Durumu can be a MAJOR PIA but is totally doable. As much as I'm glad they've nerfed the visuals, I am kind of bummed they nerfed him mechanically. Maybe if you said what was so difficult for you in particular, we might be able to point you in the right direction.

nawp.. LFR iz all about da cheezburgerz

(haven't you been READING the thread? sheesh)

Blizzard needs LFR to be about the gear, not about seeing the content. Otherwise, people will do LFR a little, and, having seen the content, stop doing it.

I'm curious how LFR is going to work in T16, since people won't be using it to get into a later tier. Is it going to be massively delayed/gated?
LFR has two disadvantages that are overlooked by you oh so skillful players.

The first is 25 strangers being thrown together without knowing each others skills. When you find players to raid with you are not just taking everybody. You do gear checks at least but in most cases run with your guild and/or friends. You know the capabilities of most players in these groups. That's why it is so hard for non-raiders to get into normal/heroic raids. Because you check whatever you can.

The second is vent. Vent is important for fast instructions, easier to share the boss mechanics, let others know what needs to change even during the fight, LFR does nt have vent for quick corrections.

Yes, there are players who don't try, they either leave after a wipe or two, or get involved. But LFR is also filled with players who are not that skillful, who do their best but are just not fast enough, or even handicapped, players who just don't get their rotation, and don't have the time to study before the big game, play on the oldest computers that permit the game to be played. This is the kind of players LFR was made for.

I enjoy the harder fights with good, patient groups even if we wipe. I leave when blaming starts no matter how good the group. ToT is harder then the 5.0 LFR. The determination buff at least helps but Dumuru is really bad because of the graphics. The same goes for Elegon. I haven't tried the last wing.

Honestly, LFR is not worth my time either. I sometimes like to do it but right now feel more forced (VP gear gated behind the rep) then having fun. Blizz really needs to decide if they want LFR to be the only gearing mechanism like LFD was before or if it is supposed to be entry raiding. In the first case it needs to be faster (not necessarily easier), in the second it is where it needs to be.

Over 1 hour+ for just one instance is to much considering that most players already had to wait that long to get in.
Just remember, these people that are crying about how hard LFR is are the same people that cried that the heroics in Wrath were too hard.

In other words, don`t listen to them.

You know what, if there was a way to progress outside of LFR which there isn't anymore, I would just do it for content every once in awhile having fun. Of course weapons/off hands need to be on the VP vendor too.

The gear in LFR besides weapons/ off hands is really not that great.
All I want is the shield off Lei Shen, doing dailies for valor seems like the better option.

which is why drop rates are so low. once you get what you want you're never going back.

all they have to do to fix that is make it fun and rewarding, with or without gear.

for the life of me i can't understand why they don't do this.
Yes, there are players who don't try, they either leave after a wipe or two, or get involved. But LFR is also filled with players who are not that skillful, who do their best but are just not fast enough, or even handicapped, players who just don't get their rotation, and don't have the time to study before the big game, play on the oldest computers that permit the game to be played. This is the kind of players LFR was made for.

Being bad is not a good excuse, if people do know even their basic rotation it is no ones problem but their own and they should not join LFR to be carried by people who do.

04/18/2013 06:26 AMPosted by Littledeer
You know what, if there was a way to progress outside of LFR which there isn't anymore,

There is, it's called normals.
Yea, Ill just be doing LFR on my main enough to finish Legendary quest. I get RNG is RNG but I'm convinced they've lowered droprate recently to stretch out the content

There is, it's called normals.

"10 man raid guild LF healer for normal progression starting in MSV. must be 6/6. must have 500 ilevel. no priests."

this is what i see on my server every day.

!@#$ normals.