FOR THE WARD - Impossible without PvP?

Achievements
Alliance, about to open stage 6, and I can't get this ward to target any mob.

Does it only work on opposing pvp players?

I'm on stormrage . . . we don't have any horde players . . .
If it is a pvp only achievement best thing I can suggest is know someone on another server and give them your battletag and have them invite you over to their server.
Or post on your server forums asking for a horde player I'm sure some kind person will help you out!
Trolls in boats will occasionally show up and attack your faction base. The wards work on them. No pvp required!
Trolls in boats will occasionally show up and attack your faction base. The wards work on them. No pvp required!

Ok, that seems to be the best approach. Thanks!

Or post on your server forums asking for a horde player I'm sure some kind person will help you out!

I'm on stormrage. I'm seriously not sure there are any horde left. People often mention the fact we've yet to see any on the island. I even did the pvp quests a couple times: no horde.

We are seriously something like 99% alliance O.o
When I did this I tagged one of the guys flying around the outskirts close to the wards, then clicked a ward when he was low health.
i know horde side i pull the named targets near our base to one its a bit of a kite but they alwasy work
I can't find any unit in the final stage that works.

I can't seem to kite anyone from the sunreaver camp over.
I don't see any more troll canoes spawning.
No riders flying over.
The troll pat around the center is missing.

Can't find a mogu that works.
Can't find a saurok that works.
Can't find any troll that works from near the violet rise that will work.
The devilsaur doesn't work.
The random wildlife doesn't work.

These are the worse wards in existence!
I tried a multitude of things yesterday for hours and I couldn't find anything really.

Not to mention our server isn't the best server when it comes to the Horde-side population.
If you are horde, as osmeone mentioned, trolls come attack your daily area from a boat. Also, there are harbringers carrying trolls throwing something down. If you knock the troll off (which is another achievement) and use that troll to get killed by the ward. This was the method I used and worked perfectly fine, however becareful because the guards might begin attacking it if they are near it.
If you are horde, as osmeone mentioned, trolls come attack your daily area from a boat. Also, there are harbringers carrying trolls throwing something down. If you knock the troll off (which is another achievement) and use that troll to get killed by the ward. This was the method I used and worked perfectly fine, however becareful because the guards might begin attacking it if they are near it.

As others have mentioned, however, this does not appear to be an option once you reach stage 6. A guildmate farmed the boat location and eventually got the achieve, but now they are no longer there, and worse, it appears none of the NPCs are currently working.

What about alts that haven't cleared a particular stage - would they see trolls in these locations?

I really don't want to get an invite to a pvp realm to do this :(
For Hordeside, there's the NPC that has the fire/ice adds with it, as well as a healer that you can kite to the wards.

For alliance I believe you can do the same with the one that spawns near the alliance base?
For Hordeside, there's the NPC that has the fire/ice adds with it, as well as a healer that you can kite to the wards.

For alliance I believe you can do the same with the one that spawns near the alliance base?

Tried each individual add, none of them work.
As it currently stands the -only- way to get this achievement if you are in stage 6 is to kill a horde player with the ward.

IMO they should add a lone mob that arrives on the old canoe every so often, something like "Lost Drakari Troll", for people to be able to get this achievement. I recently got the chieve, and even as someone who loves pvp, it was incredibly annoying and probably not what the Dev's intended the achievement to be.

Tried each individual add, none of them work.

The guy is a quest mob called nurkula or something similar. It worked for me when I did for the ward. Unless he no longer spawns for people now.
The guy is a quest mob called nurkula or something similar. It worked for me when I did for the ward. Unless he no longer spawns for people now.

Stage 6, tried nurkula and his healer, neither took any ward damage.
This is a problem. Been trying every mob I can find. Even kited a beastcaller after knocking him off his flying mount all the way from the troll area to the ally base but the wards didn't attack him. If I need a horde this is going to be a problem, there aren't many here.....
the ward needs to get the killing blow, and takes about 30 seconds to arm unless they've changed it since i got the achieve.
the ward needs to get the killing blow, and takes about 30 seconds to arm unless they've changed it since i got the achieve.

Doesn't seem to be bothering to even attack anything in phase 6.
This is the method I used as an alliance player:

At the bottom of the stairs at Violet Rise, there's a couple of the wards scattered around. There's also some trolls flying around on the Skyscreamers. I got into a high enough position where I could moonfire one, it came down, I got it to about 30% health and clicked on the ward then just stood there. The ward zapped it a couple of times, killed it, and I got the achieve.