Sub tips for PvP

Rogue
So my rogue is 89 and once I hit 90 I'm strictly doing PvP cuz PvE is boring as hell.

Anyway I'm still learning all the tricks of the trade for rogues and was wondering what tricks all you rogues use to make your PvP life easier. Like what are openers you use for certain classes. Or do you ever do Prem+SnD while stealthed before you attack someone or is that something only I do?
So my rogue is 89 and once I hit 90 I'm strictly doing PvP cuz PvE is boring as hell.

Anyway I'm still learning all the tricks of the trade for rogues and was wondering what tricks all you rogues use to make your PvP life easier. Like what are openers you use for certain classes. Or do you ever do Prem+SnD while stealthed before you attack someone or is that something only I do?

Almost always Premed + SnD if you don't have SnD rolling.

Generally (!) garrote casters to proc Find Weakness and Sanguinary Veins, Cheap Shot > Rupture for everything else.
premed>snd>garrote>ambush>cheap>evis>mfd>evis

you can alternate the garrote and cheap, depending on what class your fighting.

thank me later
premed>snd>garrote>ambush>cheap>evis>mfd>evis

no..
no..

yes.

That opener takes geared players 100-50 very often.
it just outright kills under geared players.
Check out these rogue guides here: http://www.elitegamingmovies.com/warcraft_videos-class/rogue-class/

I guarantee this will help you dramatically.
develop your own style o' play
I prefer to open with premed slice n dice then garrote, cheap shot and NOT ambush (frankly I don't think it's worth the energy cost when not shadow dancing). Once subterfuge wears off the target will still be stunned and have 3 combo pts on them in which backstab once or twice then kidney, pop dps cooldown and dump my energy bar into them.
OMG... Premed - Cheap shot - Backstab - Backstab - Backstab - SnD - Shadow Dance - Ambush - Ambush - Ambush

This usually what I do with almost everything and it dies.
OMG... Premed - Cheap shot - Backstab - Backstab - Backstab - SnD - Shadow Dance - Ambush - Ambush - Ambush

Wtf lmao

Wtf lmao

You may laugh but in BG's that works like a charm. Don't even have to stun them anymore when doing ambush because I automatically pop up behind them every time. It's hilarious.

Total waste of CPs man... And sadly thats not the only thing wrong with it.

Total waste of CPs man... And sadly thats not the only thing wrong with it.

Says the man with 7 missing enchants. O.O

How is it a waste? The damage is extremely high and if they pop a CD, you vanish and open again. It's not hard. Especially when you have Cloak and Dagger picked. They can run but they only die tired!

You can't talk, when you have 6 blues..

Plus he's a level 85.
So it doesn't count.
04/19/2013 05:57 AMPosted by Immy

You can't talk, when you have 6 blues..

Plus he's a level 85.
So it doesn't count.

How does it not count? Not enchanting is just lazy. Plus even with my blues I have been doing very well. My attack power is over 31k unbuffed (laughing at your 23k in all purples), plus my racial for food is another 600 agi. So with the Flask and food that is 1600 Agi just in itself. Plus my trinks are all passive and proc all the time. The blues are being replaced one at a time when I have the time.

For me the opener is everything. It is where I do the absolute most damage and depending on the situation it is usually what I open with. Be surprised on how many rogues I take out as well with all purples.
Because it just doesn't count.
;Might not have enough gold atm.
;Never an Enchanter on when he is.
;Too busy Enchanting mains gear rather than worrying about a level 85 that he might be leveling soon is logical.
to all the other stuff you posted,
tdlr;.
ps.bahaahahaa you couldn't beat a good Rogue with your blues btw.
Because it just doesn't count.
;Might not have enough gold atm.
;Never an Enchanter on when he is.
;Too busy Enchanting mains gear rather than worrying about a level 85 that he might be leveling soon is logical.
to all the other stuff you posted,
tdlr;.
ps.bahaahahaa you couldn't beat a good Rogue with your blues btw.

Well obviously not if we both play equally well. duh! Obviously they will have the advantage especially if the spec right and enchant everything. Just saying that the opener is sound for Sub.

If you have Nightstalker you have 25% more damage on the opener and even for 5 seconds after breaking stealth. You premed which gives you 2 points on the target. You use cheap shot which awards another 2 combo points. That's 4 points on the target now and you just broke stealth and now have 5 seconds of 25% extra damage and also use less energy for that 5 seconds. Now you use Backstab which gives extra points on the target. Now if you picked the talent Anticipation you are now banking points on the target. Now if they use a CD at the end of the 3 backstabs or even before, just vanish and start again but this time using SnD after the last backstab to generate energy, then Shadow Dance. Now you don't have to stun the target half the time but can if you wish to since you have some banked points. Hit them with Kidney Shot and then Ambush till dead and if there is still life left you use Evis for the finish. If you use the talent Cloak and Dagger, you should never have a problem. This is how I do it and win at most fights I do. The one's I lose is because I am being ganged up on.

It does not matter how many purples you have if you know how to play your class. It matters once your up against another player who play's the class equally or better then you. Not saying I am the best rogue that is for sure but I am sure as hell not bad. Loving this character very much and getting better all the time.
04/19/2013 06:25 AMPosted by Sappypaw
If you have Nightstalker you have 25% more damage on the opener and even for 5 seconds after breaking stealth. You premed which gives you 2 points on the target. You use cheap shot which awards another 2 combo points. That's 4 points on the target now and you just broke stealth and now have 5 seconds of 25% extra damage and also use less energy for that 5 seconds. Now you use Backstab which gives extra points on the target. Now if you picked the talent Anticipation you are now banking points on the target. Now if they use a CD at the end of the 3 backstabs or even before, just vanish and start again but this time using SnD after the last backstab to generate energy, then Shadow Dance. Now you don't have to stun the target half the time but can if you wish to since you have some banked points. Hit them with Kidney Shot and then Ambush till dead and if there is still life left you use Evis for the finish. If you use the talent Cloak and Dagger, you should never have a problem.

hi.
no need for a lesson, i know how to play my class kthx.

Just saying that the opener is sound for Sub.

and if you don't get it you might as well just pack your bags and call it quits.

Just saying that the opener is sound for Sub.

and if you don't get it you might as well just pack your bags and call it quits.

A little more helpful information would be cool. Don't have to be a douche. What do you see wrong with the opener I listed? How can it be made better? If your a better rogue for Sub then share your words of wisdom.