Zarhym talks about April fools.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
With the amount of $$$ Blizzard makes they should be giving us Content and April fools jokes.

Idk the numbers of subs lately but say 7mil.

7mil times 15$ a month is $105,000,000 monthly, thats 1.26 billion dollars a year.

That's more than enough money to hire some people to do damn near anything, armor dyes, more 5 mans, whatever.

that would be 31,000 employees making what I do annually.

Expenses,paychecks. That cuts down on the generated revenue.
ITT: people who think that the people in charge of the website are game designers.
With the amount of $$$ Blizzard makes they should be giving us Content and April fools jokes.

7mil times 15$ a month is $105,000,000 monthly, thats 1.26 billion dollars a year.

That's more than enough money to hire some people to do damn near anything, armor dyes, more 5 mans, whatever.

Nope. A lot of that money goes towards maintaining everything that makes WoW possible, such as the servers. You have to spend money to make money.
WAIT WAIT WAIT....You rather choose to have an april fool's joke than real content...Dailies? Well apparently you're still playing this game, so u must enjoy it bud.

Yes.

And if there was another game that had the healing system that wow had I would play it in a heartbeat but, to date, WoW has the best healing around. So I, personally, stay for that. Not so much because I enjoy the rest of the game.
Tinfoil Hat Theory #3158432

Blizzard is at it again. They've intentionally dashed your hopes of a cheap laugh on April fools, luring you into the game by leveraging your April sadness and desire to consume the so called "Content" they will be adding to the game.

Also, there is no moon.
maybe it means new player character models by 5.4?
Well we still had crabby (for a limited time at least >.>) and in game we still had random boss quotes going off.
"We're working on more content."

PTR change patch notes go up the day after with said content.

The WoW community: "IT CLEARLY MEANS MORE DAILIES!"

Seriously, if they HAD done something it would be: "Well they're wasting resource development on jokes!" and since they didn't do anything for that reason it means more complaining.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I didn't know the PR department and the development department were the same people.
I guess when they fired all those people, they had to merge some positions, huh?

It's not like they just released the Hearthstone site or anything.
04/03/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Illidarn
Oh, it probably is. And honestly, if they can't take the time to write up a simple joke, it's not because they don't have the "resources" (/eyeroll) to spare, it's because they just don't care.

WAIT WAIT WAIT....You rather choose to have an april fool's joke than real content...Dailies? Well apparently you're still playing this game, so u must enjoy it bud.

I never said I hated dailies. Just that she is right in her initial assumption.
And just because I'm still playing the game, I'm not allowed to be critical when someone, especially a GM, says something ridiculous?

And you seriously believe that putting up a joke would severely impact released content? Are you saying Blizzard is that incompetent?
https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/319169193306124288

There you have it, no April fools joke because they wanted to work on real content.

Also, I like the background.

What?

I got something entirely different out of what Zarhym said.

From what I could tell, he said they worked on some jokes, but they didn't turn out well so they scrapped them, and eventually ran out of time and resources to make more.

He goes on to stress the point that the people who were working on the jokes, were not the same people who develop the game content.
Essentially; the guys in charge of money decided they rather not spend any time/effort (money) on a tradition. Just another reason Blizzard is failing lately. :(

And seriously, the claim of "We thought about whether players wanted jokes & fake content, or real content. We're working on real content." if for the weak minded... Blizzard thinks it's players are essentially that.
This is my OG toon. lol

I don't think being "Old School" is a blessing. It sucks honestly. I'm all opinionated and jaded.

And I in no way claim to be any better than anyone else at WOW. I am honestly pretty bad.
I just like convos on these forums cause it's about all the social interaction I get daily lately (me so lonely).
With the amount of $$$ Blizzard (activison/vivendi) makes they should be giving us Content and April fools jokes.

Why do people have these fantasies?

Here's what i hear:
"I pay you something, therefor i get anything i want. "

You must live in this naive bubble where you can't grasp the purpose of business. Its to make money. You have one avenue - stop letting them make your money. Blizzard's marketing people feel that they are delivering the right value for the amount of money they are getting paid - regardless of whether they are pocketing that money.

Blizzard isn't a non-profit. Its a for-profit company. They have stakeholders and owners who like being rich. If you ever pay any for-profit company anything, they are making money from you - and someone is pocketing it to buy cheez-its and ferraris.

Get over it.
Yes.

And if there was another game that had the healing system that wow had I would play it in a heartbeat but, to date, WoW has the best healing around. So I, personally, stay for that. Not so much because I enjoy the rest of the game.

magically assuming the other game's currency system won't fail?
I never said I hated dailies. Just that she is right in her initial assumption.
And just because I'm still playing the game, I'm not allowed to be critical when someone, especially a GM, says something ridiculous?

And you seriously believe that putting up a joke would severely impact released content? Are you saying Blizzard is that incompetent?

So, go ahead and provide content for a playerbase and have time to "Supply an April Fool's joke for a 30 min laugh
magically assuming the other game's currency system won't fail?

What game? What currency system? What're you talking about?

Me: WoW has the best healing of any mmo
You: Something about currency.
Me: Huh.
04/03/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Mirs
It's not like they just released the Hearthstone site or anything.

Keep going, I'm waiting for you to tell me that Heart of the Swarm took so long to come out because they were busy building the DIablo 3 website.

The web folks were probably working on the Hearthstone site. As Zarhym pointed out in his tweet, they had a few ideas they tossed back and forth but nothing was able to really be fleshed out so they focused on other things instead. I'm assuming the Hearthstone site played a major part in that since most of the WoW april fool's jokes are web based and they've likely been working on that for the better chunk of this year. I'd rather see more work done on the Hearthstone site and other things like the blogs than on an April Fool's joke. Especially if they didn't even have any good ideas.