My stance on Hellscream

General Discussion
See. the problem with Hellscream is that while he made a good military leader, he's a TERRIBLE political leader.

What happens when he does destroy the Alliance and there's nothing for him to kill anymore? What happens when he, as a leader, is responsible for feeding, clothing and sheltering his people from what he himself has wrought? What happens when the land turns barren and the lakes dry up because he didn't know when to stop taking? What happens when a problem comes along that he cannot solve by throwing soldiers at it?

Garrosh is not ready to be a leader because he only understands half of what it means to lead a nation of people. Ultimately we forget that the Horde and Alliance are more than just military entities.

"Garrosh Hellscream says: But surely you cannot think that those children were born into innocence? They would have grown up and taken arms against us!"

That line is precisely why he is a terrible leader.
See. the problem with Hellscream is that while he made a good military leader, he's a TERRIBLE political leader.
He told Thrall he didn't belong in a position of leadership, but Thrall used peer pressure. Garrosh is great, given all of his success he recieved a very negative welcome from two of his three closest advisers. Cairne Blamed him for an attack by the Twilight's Hammer and died for it(total accident and Garrosh was super pissed after becuase win or lose he was robbed of the honor in the fight) and Vol'Jin's first comments were about how bad Garrosh would do, Garrosh retorted and was threatened with death.
/end run-on sentence rant.
Too bad 5.3 is going to let alliance and hord buttf*ck Garrosh repeatedly for loot.

Sucks to be you, bro.
Too bad 5.3 is going to let alliance and hord buttf*ck Garrosh repeatedly for loot.

Sucks to be you, bro.

Not yet. The raid isn't going to be out on that patch. We'd be hearing more about it if it was.

But... he's so ugly...

Do I have to?

Sucks to be you, bro.

Not yet. The raid isn't going to be out on that patch. We'd be hearing more about it if it was.

Oops, my bad. I meant 5.4.

Sucks to be you, bro.

It'll be 5.4. 5.3 is just setting the stage
But... he's so ugly...

Do I have to?

I would normally go for the "can't we just cuddle?" route but...........yeah no I don't want anything to do with Garrosh
But... he's so ugly...

Do I have to?

I would normally go for the "can't we just cuddle?" route but...........yeah no I don't want anything to do with Garrosh
I think show you what he really means by "Serve the Horde or be crushed beneath it"
/puke

I think show you what he really means by "Serve the Horde or be crushed beneath it"
/puke

Shower scene from American History X.
Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it. Garrosh, if that is truly Garrosh on the throne, is repeating his father's mistake. In the process, he is also alienating every other race in the Horde.

The Horde is being run by a drug-addicted green supremacist.

He's brown, actually.
So can someone explain to me Why Garrosh is really that bad? A little excessive... yeah but evil tyrant? Nah.
but evil tyrant? Nah.

Did you not get the part about him wanting to turn the entire Horde army into creatures of pure evil in order to wipe out all opposition on the planet?
So can someone explain to me Why Garrosh is really that bad? A little excessive... yeah but evil tyrant? Nah.

Just enslaving the trolls and lining them up in a firing squad for execution.

Lets all just ignore that
Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it. Garrosh, if that is truly Garrosh on the throne, is repeating his father's mistake. In the process, he is also alienating every other race in the Horde.

The Horde is being run by a drug-addicted green supremacist.

He's brown, actually.

I know he's brown. The German supremacist who posed blondes with blue eyes as the "master" race also had black hair.

Because he treats his own people like nothing but cannon fodder. And he treats non-orcs like second (or third. Maybe fourth) class citizens. Also because he does nothing but stockpile superweapons with no care for how they affect his people.

And then there's the whole no tactical, combat, or political skill issue.

All I'm saying here is, don't go into the mushroom growing business.
Because he treats his own people like nothing but cannon fodder. And he treats non-orcs like second (or third. Maybe fourth) class citizens. Also because he does nothing but stockpile superweapons with no care for how they affect his people.

And then there's the whole no tactical, combat, or political skill issue.
All of this after it was released that we'd be fighting him. They had to twost him as much as possible to build player hate.

04/18/2013 08:24 AMPosted by Rosenivy

Just enslaving the trolls and lining them up in a firing squad for execution.

Lets all just ignore that
Those are only the Trolls yelling about Vol'Jin or that are part of the rebellion.
He uses us as cannon fodder.
Just enslaving the trolls and lining them up in a firing squad for execution. Lets all just ignore him doing that

Fixed it for you.
All of this after it was released that we'd be fighting him. They had to twost him as much as possible to build player hate.

Umm, no. He's been hated for much longer than that. And he showed all those traits the second he became Warchief.