Battle.net error #113

Technical Support
Post Limit:
it is now up and running
[edit] ok it probably was the freakish coincidence thing :D

I'm not sure if this is one of those freakish coincidences but I just deleted those cache folders and I'm in...
(also on Orcon, in chch)

This is an odd one.

I'm on Orcon in the Waikato of NZ.

And I seem to be able to login in fine. Have been able since this thing started.

Those who can't login have you tried deleting these folders :

Blizzard Entertainment folder at :

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
Windows Vista/Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Blizzard

World of Warcraft\Cache
World of Warcraft\Data\Cache

If you still can't login please post details of which ISP you are with and what sort of connection you are using (DSL , ADSL , Cable , Modem , Satellite etc etc).
Bluspacecow, thankyou! i can now log in after deleting said folders <3
logged in fine normally without deleting folders just then, thankyou for your suggestion taht worked though !!
Yep I logged in without deleting anything, though for npc scan's sake I probably should log out and delete anyway ;)
thank goodness :)
Well it is good to have it back up and online again, but.....

My earlier point still stands, unscheduled maintenance, while it may be needed, must be kept to a minimum, or Blizzard need to refund people for that months subscription.

Also taking an hour longer than expected is rather poor performance, and having to get people to delete cache folders to get the game running again is just not on!

Notification of issue score 1/10
Time taken to fix issue score 2/10
Efficiency of the fix score 4/10

Overall score for performance 7/30

Not a good showing by a mutli billion dollar company
Finally I could find this thread regarding the, apparently, same problem I have been having for the last 6 hours; I am unable, still, to log in.

"Battle.net Error#105" -- instead of Error #113, is the message I receive when I try to log in.

Also, I play on a Mac (and from Japan) so maybe that is another reason why the error message number is different?

No relief yet, at least for me. Glad to see others are finally able to log in today.
Finally I could find this thread regarding the, apparently, same problem I have been having for the last 6 hours; I am unable, still, to log in.

"Battle.net Error#105" -- instead of Error #113, is the message I receive when I try to log in.

Also, I play on a Mac (and from Japan) so maybe that is another reason why the error message number is different?

No relief yet, at least for me. Glad to see others are finally able to log in today.

You might want to try flushing your DNS as this fixes that error sometimes

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/ip-release-renew-and-flush-dns

if it persists or you come up with a #104 error then you might need to resync your authenticator if you have one!

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZBNTBGS8000000f
Thanks for the reply.

I have already flushed the DNS, as you suggested, using (almost the same) the instructions for Mac users. No help.

Just for fun, I also tried logging into my Diablo account, same message.

I started a thread (same topic, error #105) in the Mac Tech Support Forum & another Japan-based player is reporting the same on-going) issue:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569860073?page=1#3

Also, I have a program (Little Snitch) that allows me to monitor in real time what programs or apps are connecting (or trying to connect) from my computer to the internet. Little Snitch is showing that my computer & Internet Provider here in Japan are making successful connects to Battle.net servers: "us.logon.battle.net". So this makes me think that somehow the problem is on their side, not with my connection (or Internet Service Provider) or my computer. So it seems that whatever they did with, or during, their "maintenance" could very well be the source of the problem.

Finally, I have been asked to provide an authenticator code twice today while logging in to this forum. there is no problem with the authenticator codes so it does not appear that I need to resync it. [It was quite the adventure getting my hands on an authenticator here in Japan, but that is a topic for another thread--maybe--sometime. Go Aussies!]

Have not been able to connect all day now; missing my (almost) daily injection of WoW! :-(
We apologize for the delays. There were a number of difficulties, but the maintenance was completed last night. Thank you very much for your patience, and once again, we apologize.