5.3 - MoP XP Lowered Please

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 15 Next
They should share all reputation across all characters

They should increase the % of drop rate in LFR by at least double

Both of these should happen. Sarcastic response or no, these would undoubtedly improve the game for many players.
Get rid of the reputation needed to buy gear with valor points.
Ugh please don't.. The leveling process is fine, it gives people proper amounts of time to learn how to utilize their new tiers of spells and talents.

From 85-90?

You get one ability between then, and a talent you pick at 90. Most of the 87 abilities are either DPS cooldowns, or abilities so particular that you're probably not going to learn anything from millions of XP between you and the cap. And you're still going to have to cap to pick up the talent ability regardless of how long it takes you to do it.
04/17/2013 07:33 PMPosted by Beldarani
Get rid of the reputation needed to buy gear with valor points.

Its time
Ugh please don't.. The leveling process is fine, it gives people proper amounts of time to learn how to utilize their new tiers of spells and talents.

Between 85 and 90, you get two new toys. TWO. I think we're good.
04/17/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Mcnutts

Its time

Why would you spend Valor on anything other than 522s at this point? With the amount of Elder Charms you get, gear falls from the sky in the older LFRs.

Its time

Why would you spend Valor on anything other than 522s at this point? With the amount of Elder Charms you get, gear falls from the sky in the older LFRs.

I prefer the wrath/cata model of alt gearing. LFR is anti fun, especially T14. I did those raids plenty on this character, I dont want to do it all over again. Whats the harm in having an alternative to LFR?
I prefer the wrath/cata model of alt gearing. LFR is anti fun, especially T14. I did those raids plenty on this character, I dont want to do it all over again. Whats the harm in having an alternative to LFR?

I never said I was against removing the reputation requirements for Valor gear.

I'm actually just curious as to why anyone would want to (in my opinion) waste Valor, which is a really limited resource, on lower item level gear. Even more so when there are 522s you can grab and the reputation to purchase them requires nothing, but the newest LFR.
They nerfed the XP needed for Outland, Northrend and the Cata zones (you need 4million XP to get to 85, but then 12m to get to 86 and 21m to 90) and people are surprised they'll nerf the XP for Pandaria? They do this near the halfway point/end of an expansion. This isn't new.
Leveling learns nothing about your class.

They never nerfed halfway of an expansion. Always at the very end.
To the OP, all I can say is keep an eye out for the next 5.3 PTR patch note update.

For everyone that have already replied in the thread, would you kindly stop making posts attacking each other?

The removal of Golden Lotus gating Shado-Pan and August Celestials is already in the patch notes. Nothing in there about an experience nerf...yet. Would certainly be nice. For me. As you can see lol
Finally!

First toon lvl'd was a nice experience. The next two toons after that? Hated it. Bored to tears. Just wanted to hit 90 so I could have fun again. Leveling is not fun....it's dull.

Nerfing xp is the least they could do since they haven't given us a BoA flying tome for our alts. Maybe with that I can force myself to lvl the other four alts....two of which are tanks that would lessen most of the QQ'ers dungeon queues once lvl'd.

This is the most alt unfriendly version of wow since vanilla. Even BC wasn't as bad since it was 20 less lvl's.

Ghostcrawler amazes me thinking that people make alts to enjoy the lvling experience and wonders why we wanna lvl so fast. Some might enjoy it but I sure as hell don't. I wanna get to max lvl and start the real game. I don't do it for professions either. I like to have a variety of game play options.

WoLK was awesome cuz I was able to lvl all my alts quickly and had 8 80's with a few of them killing LK. I tanked, healed, and dps'd between all my different toons. I didn't have a main...I just played what I felt like at the time.

I started in vanilla and lvling was pretty slow back then. It's by far much better now....but I'm about tired of lvling. I made full use of heirlooms and don't think I could get enough extra xp.

I'd buy a BoA tome to grant a lvl if I could.

I'll see all the lore/story/questing the first go round....after that?....I don't care anymore and wanna lvl as fast as possible.
They should remove the valor cost of all epic items

They should give you a stacking buff on each alt you create that gives you +100% exp boost for every character you already have leveled to 90

Your ilvl should be shared across characters

I really don't want to think of anymore sarcastic QQ's to show what everyone sounds like.

The game would be vastly more enjoyable for me if all that was true.
They should remove the valor cost of all epic items

They should give you a stacking buff on each alt you create that gives you +100% exp boost for every character you already have leveled to 90

Your ilvl should be shared across characters

I really don't want to think of anymore sarcastic QQ's to show what everyone sounds like.

The game would be vastly more enjoyable for me if all that was true.

At that point they should add a feature that plays your character for you while you are logged off...
This is the most alt unfriendly version of wow since vanilla. Even BC wasn't as bad since it was 20 less lvl's.

Not even close. The pace at which you gear an alt right now is insanely fast.