5.3 - MoP XP Lowered Please

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 15 Next
I suppose I'll have to just get used to going back to do the zones I didn't have time to get to after my characters hit 90. It's just not the same, but I suppose it's the option I'll have.

I admit, I never had a problem with the amount of XP required, and I've made it to 90 with three so far. Maybe I'm just more of a masochist or something. Probably helps that I'm not a raider, so I don't have that concern waiting for me at the end of each leveling kick.
To the OP, all I can say is keep an eye out for the next 5.3 PTR patch note update.

For everyone that have already replied in the thread, would you kindly stop making posts attacking each other?
That's a lot to ask Rygarius. Not impossible, but highly improbable, unfortunately.
Any estimate on when 5.3 will come out? im leveling a rogue curerntly, but im willing to wait til 5.3 if MoP leveling exp goes down, as leveling a rogue 85-90 is a horrid experience i hear.
ugh in general I just don't like leveling knew characters. I just can't bare dealing with the endless grind of sitting doing nothing but quests all day till i hit the nervana of level capped and can start enjoying the real game.

I know its stupidly lazy of me, but i wish after getting a class type to max level (like healer tank and dps and caster dps not equipted to heals) we could just start a char at 55.

but I would in all reality rather that not happen.

Don't want that to happen ever again. it was bad enough in LK with people who didnt have a single clue on how to play a dk as a class in general cause they didnt get the early grow into)
They could fix this issue.

Once you get a toon to lvl 90 all your BOA's auto upgrade to lvl 90. Done deal. I can hardly bring myself to lvl an alt and do the gear grind again.
Will do, Atlas.

So Blizzard thinks that 10 hours to level from 85-90 is too much? Funny how you don't think $25 is too much to server transfer, though....

How the heck can you do it it in 10 hours?

You can't, if you played straight 85-90 doing quest/dungeons/battlegrounds and not sitting in one area grinding mobs with 3 other people aoe stuff down. It would day 24/36 hours of non-stop going.
Both of these should happen. Sarcastic response or no, these would undoubtedly improve the game for many players.
ONLY if they give the option of turning it off in game because would also leave alot less to do for many of us
It is a game.
It is not supposed to be boring/grinding/etc.

The sad thing is that lots of people, who don't have a real job, treated WoW like a job.
What frustrated me about wow, is that unlike other really good games I played in the past, like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, all those D and D games when they had an expansion released, you would be able to choose to make a character at the expansion level, and that was awesome, why is the case that you have to start from level 1 EVERY single time you roll a new toon? If you have five 90s already and want to try out a different class, why have to do ALL the same zones over and over again, it's a VERY long grind, why can't your new toon start at level 80 or level 85 if that's what you choose, that just seems logical to me that you should be able to roll an alt at a high level, I mean let's be realistic about this, wow is a game that is largely focused on end-game raiding content for a lot of people, so if your guild desperately needs a healer, the lack of time invested in leveling one will certainly help a lot.

The reality is, with CRZ, questing in low level areas is a turn off, if your only goal is to get to level 90 to raid with that old, and I don't think you should be forced to do that if your only goal is to raid on that toon, and low level dungeons have incredibly long queues in comparison to current tier heroics/LFRS.

What do you think?
What frustrated me about wow, is that unlike other really good games I played in the past, like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, all those D and D games when they had an expansion released, you would be able to choose to make a character at the expansion level, and that was awesome, why is the case that you have to start from level 1 EVERY single time you roll a new toon? If you have five 90s already and want to try out a different class, why have to do ALL the same zones over and over again, it's a VERY long grind, why can't your new toon start at level 80 or level 85 if that's what you choose, that just seems logical to me that you should be able to roll an alt at a high level, I mean let's be realistic about this, wow is a game that is largely focused on end-game raiding content for a lot of people, so if your guild desperately needs a healer, the lack of time invested in leveling one will certainly help a lot.

The reality is, with CRZ, questing in low level areas is a turn off, if your only goal is to get to level 90 to raid with that old, and I don't think you should be forced to do that if your only goal is to raid on that toon, and low level dungeons have incredibly long queues in comparison to current tier heroics/LFRS.

What do you think?

Those are single player games that start you at an advanced level. MMO's are an entirely different animal. It is not in their best interest (business wise) to allow you to skip most of the leveling process. That's subscription time lost that they aren't collecting money from you.

What do you think?

I think that this is an opinion that not everyone shares. If your guild desperately needs a healer and having one of your members level one is the only option, leveling is still ridiculously fast with heirlooms and guild perks. As far as queues go, it is incredibly rare that my low level healers have had to wait more than 5 minutes. I only level via questing when I'm interested in a particular zone, and I haven't noticed any impact from CRZ in that experience at all. So I don't even get that part.

It's like having to take nasty tasting medicine. Just plug your nose and get it over with.

What do you think?

No. You already have ppl at end game who don't know how to play their class.. and somehow they got to 90.. you want that 100x's worse? It's not that bad going from 1 to 90. It's supposed to take a long time. you need to learn how to play your toon. The quicker you make it, the less you know about that toon.