New Alliance 5.3 Title

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 4 20 Next
Turthfully, I'm pretty much Hand of A'dal for life.

It amuses me to be working for the Na'aru.
04/17/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Gethrian
I hear some warlocks spec affliction.

Those people spam purple beams of death now. You're not subtle.

<name>, Lord of Kumbaya

<name>, the Carebear

<name>, orc-lover

I'm serious. They listened this much. If you don't like the title because it doesn't fit or sound right, go tweet Kosak for suggestions. Speak now or forever hold your QQ.

Blizzard has been really trying since the criticism to make things right in this patch. Alliance caravans. They gave us a new title, and allow us to respond to Vol'jin. Acknowledging the criticism. I doubt they can change quests, but they aren't unsympathetic to our concerns.
We aren't breaking the horde though....we are helping them.

Exactly. At this point, Garrosh isn't the Horde, Vol'jin and his people are. And we're blithely helping them. They'd be rebelling whether we helped them or not. Blithely making Vol'jin's Horde more powerful is not instigating anything, and it sure as hell ain't breaking a damn thing.

The only way "Hordebreaker" makes sense is if we deliberately (as a result of Alliance actions, not Garrosh evolving into some Super Sha, mind you) leave Orgrimmar is literal ruins in patch 5.4.
04/17/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Cladriah

Those people spam purple beams of death now. You're not subtle.

I'm serious. They listened this much. If you don't like the title because it doesn't fit or sound right, go tweet Kosak for suggestions. Speak now or forever hold your QQ.

Blizzard has been really trying since the criticism to make things right in this patch. Alliance caravans. They gave us a new title, and allow us to respond to Vol'jin. Acknowledging the criticism. I doubt they can change quests, but they aren't unsympathetic to our concerns.

It's concerning that it took so much effort on the alliance fans part to even make them consider creating alliance content.

It's concerning that it took so much effort on the alliance fans part to even make them consider creating alliance content.

Probably because since GC moved away from General Disccusion the creative devs moved away from us lore buffs because of how....

Vocal we can be. That's my own personal theory so take it as you will.
Turthfully, I'm pretty much Hand of A'dal for life.

It amuses me to be working for the Na'aru.

The best draenei titles had to be from BC raiding and removed.

Probably because since GC moved away from General Disccusion the creative devs moved away from us lore buffs because of how....

Vocal we can be. That's my own personal theory so take it as you will.

I know they have been really responding on Twitter.

eh

we're still in durotar doing nothing

we're still in the barrens fighting vol'jins battles

we're still submitting ourselves to vol'jins approval

id much prefer if we're somewhere that matters and horde players see an alliance npc approach them instead
04/17/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Siast

eh

id much prefer if we're somewhere that matters and horde players see an alliance npc approach them instead

Not really submitting. They gave you an option to be sarcastic even though that sounds very rude but whatevs. Also it hasn't been even a month yet so I suspect content is still....ahead.

I hope.

eh

I doubt they could change and add another zone without delaying the patch.

eh

It would be great if we could invade through Ashenvale. No one really cares about the barrens.
04/17/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Healstime

eh

It would be great if we could invade through Ashenvale. No one really cares about the barrens.

Ashenvale lacks free space.
I doubt they could change and add another zone without delaying the patch.

i'll gladly take a delayed patch if it means genuine quality for alliance players

gilneas or ashenvale or even something in the southern barrens would be fantastic

neutrality is boring, overused, and rarely done well

this vol'jin stuff is not done well

eh

Free space of the Barrens. I asked Kosak that way before the title thing game.

i'll gladly take a delayed patch if it means genuine quality for alliance players

I won't. That will hurt the game much more then precious Alliance content. Also note the PTR came out like last week? Not very long.
It's a nice title and all, and this is one less thing that concerns me about the patch.

But we still have the problem in the execution. The Alliance achievement reads: "Pit Vol'jin's troll uprising against Garrosh Hellscream's Horde during Patch 5.3: Escalation."

Which sounds nice, but the current version on the PTR doesn't really do that. It makes it sound like we will be severely escalating the conflict between the rebellion and Garrosh, when in fact Razor Hill has already fallen to the Darkspear when we first arrive.

There are still ways to fix this. Like I've said before the Alliance needs to do some damage to the Dranosh'ar Rampart, and then plant evidence pointing towards the Darkspear Rebels. This makes Garrosh think the Darkspear are much closer to attacking Orgrimmar directly then they actually are (and the Alliance is further away from attacking Orgrimmar then they actually are) and pull troops away from the frontlines with the Alliance.

Then the supply runs for the Darkspear would be simply to ensure they could handle the influx of Kor'kron. The Alliance gets some more breathing room to assemble an attack on Orgrimmar, and a pile of dead Kor'kron to boot.
Not really submitting. They gave you an option to be sarcastic even though that sounds very rude but whatevs. Also it hasn't been even a month yet so I suspect content is still....ahead.

I hope.

You're living in the clouds. Maybe next patch...maybe next patch. But no, I'm just kidding about pretending like down the road it will get better for the alliance story. It won't, it just feels like the alliance players keep prodding the devs and it's just something they will never want to do.
Flamebreaker. Stormbreaker. Hordebreaker.

We keep breaking things.

Why do we keep breaking things?

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

(def an improvement, though)

I hope.

You're living in the clouds. Maybe next patch...maybe next patch. But no, I'm just kidding about pretending like down the road it will get better for the alliance story. It won't, it just feels like the alliance players keep prodding the devs and it's just something they will never want to do.

This attitude pushs the Devs away. Stop with this attitude NOW. It isn't constructive nor helpful.
But we still have the problem in the execution. The Alliance achievement reads: "Pit Vol'jin's troll uprising against Garrosh Hellscream's Horde during Patch 5.3: Escalation."

Which sounds nice, but the current version on the PTR doesn't really do that. It makes it sound like we will be severely escalating the conflict between the rebellion and Garrosh, when in fact Razor Hill has already fallen to the Darkspear when we first arrive.

There are still ways to fix this. Like I've said before the Alliance needs to do some damage to the Dranosh'ar Rampart, and then plant evidence pointing towards the Darkspear Rebels. This makes Garrosh think the Darkspear are much closer to attacking Orgrimmar directly then they actually are (and the Alliance is further away from attacking Orgrimmar then they actually are) and pull troops away from the frontlines with the Alliance.

Then the supply runs for the Darkspear would be simply to ensure they could handle the influx of Kor'kron. The Alliance gets some more breathing room to assemble an attack on Orgrimmar, and a pile of dead Kor'kron to boot.

This. This needs to happen

This attitude pushs the Devs away. Stop with this attitude NOW. It isn't constructive nor helpful.

They don't read the lore forums and after two expansion it's hard to be optimistic ever. Their attitude towards the alliance won't change because you keep hoping.