5.3 Expected Release Date?

General Discussion
Yes I know people always say "soon." But Im just asking what people are speculating based on past releases, what Blizz has said, etc.

I want to have 3k valor when it comes out, and just want to make sure I do by the earliest expected date.
Anyone?
3-6 weeks is a fair guess.
dear god, i hope it's not "soon". If it is "soon", a few months after 5.4 releases, the forums will be a warzone full of complaints about a legendary quest line that takes over half a year to complete, and that the gear you get from it is so essential that no raid guild will take people that don't have it ( you know it's gonna happen, it's just a question of how many raiders will stop raiding over it i guess.) I can see it coming a mile away. Adding in long quests like this is really cool and I really like the idea behind it, but, it's really not possible to do when blizzard is picking up the pace on the time between raids and expansions, so many people, potentially skilled raiders, fall behind, and can never ever catch up, and can't raid as a result.

Consider yourselves warned. It's coming, and if you thought the CRZ rage was bad, HA, you're really gonna hate it when this kicks up (especially you PvPers who will be banished to the depths of unplayability due to raid gear towering possibly 100 ilvls or more above PvP gear* 600 ilvl cloaks coming in 5.3 *Cough Cough*, and you have no way at all to get any of this gear.)

LOL, legendary items are in no way required. Maybe for top 100 guilds, but if you are joining the game halfway through the patch, I highly doubt any of them will want to be in a top guild. Plus if you are good enough, it doesnt really matter.

And 600ilvl cloaks arent coming in 5.3, idk if you were trying to be hyperbolic but all they are adding as far as gear is valor upgrades. It isnt going too fast at all, 5.3 is a "mini-patch" and doesnt add new raiding content.

My guess is more like 2 weeks..

But then I am insane so who knows..(yes, I have the papers that prove it)..
No-one other than Blizzard knows for sure.
Since GC said he knows the date, I'd guess it's sooner rather than later. If it was later the date might be a bit more uncertain I'd guess. 3 weeks.
And 600ilvl cloaks arent coming in 5.3, idk if you were trying to be hyperbolic but all they are adding as far as gear is valor upgrades. It isnt going too fast at all, 5.3 is a "mini-patch" and doesnt add new raiding content.

He was correct in that there is going to be a Legendary quest that awards ilvl 600 back pieces that aren't nearly as difficult or time consuming to acquire as the other Legendary quest rewards were/are.

Here is the source:
http://www.wowhead.com/news=212252/5-3-ptr-legendary-questline-and-celestial-capes-preview
Hope not for months. They're killing RBG tanks in 5.3. :(
04/19/2013 01:41 AMPosted by Aziker

My guess is more like 2 weeks..

But then I am insane so who knows..(yes, I have the papers that prove it)..

Don't know whether or not to laugh or go curl up under the sheets....
Dont expect it soon
My guess is the end of May. But that's speculation.

When there's a release candidate (not just a build) on the PTR, then we'll have some reasonable means of guessing.
Some time in May, is my guess.
Im pumped for 5.3! just started enhance shaman and looks like with 5.3 i can finally deal some good dps!