Which is better (marital arts)

Moon Guard
It just so happens I am a professional Sun Tzu misquoter!

I love parkour and want to get back into it (and climbing) in this area.

This thread has been informative. I've had a lot of people suggest I look into something for self-defense. I've been- I've had some trouble before.

Also what they all said about not being ashamed of training yourself.
I am really happy too see so many people that have experiences with marital arts, and know so much! Its not always about knifes and guns...
I took karate, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Personally, I loved it. Before karate, I was not nearly so graceful as I am now. I also learned more of the mental disciplines involved. I almost never had reason to use it.

I hope I never do have a reason to use it; the muscles still remember how to move in those strikes. The areas I was told to strike sound pretty bad to be hit in if the situation demanded it. (Especially if I manage to strike the bridge of the nose. That would be a bad day indeed.)
Whoever said parkour on the second page. Win.
04/03/2013 11:17 PMPosted by Kauthryn
Well I am doing Taekwondo. Feel free to laugh, but i'm 15 years old, and i'm a white belt.. I started it this year. actually this month xD. Anyways, I stayed to see the sparring classes and black belt. there where these 2 boys, at looked like they were 10 years old. And they were kicking like they were masters. Of course they were 2nd degree black belt. but I was amazed at how powerful their kicks where. I mean, I felt bad for the punching bag! They were so powerful and were so controlled with there bodies. So. After seeing that, I knew I loved TKD, just wanted to see what you guys like and your personal experiences!

Why would anyone make fun of you for doing TKD? If you're doing something you love, then awesome. Keep doing it and have a blast. It'll keep you in shape and keep your confidence high.

^ What she said.