Blood Elves and Night Elves

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
Are we going by logic or by how Blizzard has been writing the two races recently?
. I'm not sure the rest of the Elune Priesthood at large can make the same boast, can you?

Shandris is a Priestess as well, even if she's less than half as powerful as Tyrande.

She still wrecked Cho'gals face in.

And solo'd Org. <.< Ok, maybe not that last part in lore.

But man, are the vids sweet.
Shandris is a Priestess as well, even if she's less than half as powerful as Tyrande.

She still wrecked Cho'gals face in.

And solo'd Org. <.< Ok, maybe not that last part in lore.

But man, are the vids sweet.

:O What vid? I don't even know what fight you're referring to.
Lol someone kited Shandris all the way from feather moon into orgrimmar and she proceeded to wreck house. Players were dying instantaneously to her Prayer of elund. Eventually she made her way into grommash hold and fought garrosh and the npc that usually spawn withhim + any players thar was brave enough to try. She ended up killing garrosh even with his never ending npc spawns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzR8ozkvds

I couldnt stop laughing the first time i saw it years ago hahaha

And yeah.... all priestesses are trained to do that kind of damage because pristhood is not like the one from humans.... it's war oriented.

Also leaving numbers aside, night elves have being defending their homelands and pushing the horde even though now druids are neutral, and a lot of their army keep going someplace else to defend the world from bigger deals like Hyjal. Imagine what they'd do if they regroup and attack?
Right now they do need to rest and reorganize.. That's the best thing MoP can bring to them.

Their way to spread out, both politically, and military wise, and the issue is it's between different factions, not just spread out distance wise.
The night elves are barely a shadow of what they used to be, while the blood elves continue to gain power for themselves and become more and more powerful.

I think you've got that backwards.

The blood elves are a nearly-extinct race - one that recently lost its greatest leaders, warriors and magi. They may grow stronger, but when you're scraping the bottom of the barrel there's nowhere to go but up.
Blood Elves.

Cause Tyrande is incompetent while Lor'Themar is badass.
I see this thread has forgotten about blood elf spell breakers and pheonix spells, with blood magic...
Just as it's forgotten about the fact that Night Elves have a lot of troops that are immune to magic and eat through enchantments.
Blood Elves.Cause Tyrande is incompetent while Lor'Themar is badass.

'Tis a great injustice on the Night Elf populace, but it's true. Sadly, playing the numbers game, Night Elves would win. Though if all things were equal I'd place my money on Blood Elves.
Just as it's forgotten about the fact that Night Elves have a lot of troops that are immune to magic and eat through enchantments.

Please explain
Blood Elves.

Night Elves win in terms of numbers, fighting experiance, and military disciplines that have been woven into a culture dating 10s of thousands of years.

Blood Elves have access to powerful magics, rangers, Blood Knights, and hold the key to thte largest fount of magical power on Azeroth.

In a fair fight, I could see Night Elves pulling ahead. They're more familiar with warfare, have nature on their side, and a bunch of other thing we can play into their tactical advantage. A straight on fight Night Elves, while surprised and perhaps caught off guard by the Blood Elves favor for brutality, would eventually start pulling on top.

But Blood Elves would win in the end because of just about nothing being off limits to them.

Mana bombs, demons, reckless use of fel magic, enslavement of other races, siphoning the magic of(willing) light based beings, Blood Elves don't shy away from anything to get ahead. A Night Elf isn't going to burn down an entire forest to route one battalion. A Blood Elf would turn the whole landscape into dust simply for being slighted upon. A Night Elf is governed by a code of morality. A Blood Elf is restricted by nothing of the sort.

"Elune be with you isn't" the attitude when facing people who chant "Death to all who oppose us"

Night Elves are vigliant and disciplined, but Blood Elves are fanatics about vengence. And they're not above sinking to whatever lows neccesary to accomplish their goals. As long as Night Elves fight with any semblance of honor or dignity and not willing to embrace the cutthroat brutality of Blood Elves, then I don't see the Kaldorei winning in the long run.

Even if they somehow did, the lasting effects of the struggle would plague the Night Elves for quite a long time.
04/17/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Niustavis

Please explain

Dryads and Fearie Dragons are immune to spell damange, and wisps can explode and dispell and dispurse magic.
I love belves and all, but Nelves have one of the more fleshed out military systems in the game. Combine that with their military experience, druids, and priesthood, and it really isn't a competition. And as much as numbers are ignored, this is one situation where I feel they couldn't overlook it. The night elves outnumber the blood elves by an extremely large margin. I'd hardly even call it a war at that point.

As someone said earlier, blood elves are extremely capable and really do not have limits. I'd find them to be valuable in a support role, not a primary 1 on 1 war setting. At least until their population makes a comeback.
Blah let's be bitter and just arm the sunwell with a mega mana bomb as last resort.
Blah let's be bitter and just arm the sunwell with a mega mana bomb as last resort.

I could see that happening.

Blood Elves are so prideful and petty, I wouldn't be surprised in a last ditch effort, simply so the Night Elves couldn't have a painless victory, would detonate the Sunwell and threaten to rest of Azeroth in the process.

That or try to pull some demons out of it. Almost worked last time not to long ago...
04/16/2013 09:57 PMPosted by Ferlion
The blood elven armies would just face palm when they see that night elves have enlisted mages.

The Blood Elves, despite their cocky attitudes, were still unnerved by the Highborn making an appearance.

Was that shown in game, or in story?
Discussion is sorta a non-starter.

As long as you allow for the lore characters/leaders it is a pretty quick conversation.

Malf or Tyrande alone is probably enough to counter pretty much any advantage the BE's have. For example considering that both fought against a force who were utilizing the Well of Eternity, I doubt the Sunwell really phases them.
04/17/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Niustavis

Please explain

Oh yes that's right isn't it. The Dryad are immune to all forms of arcane energy as are the faries thingy they have..I knew there was a reason why Night elves would destroy High elves at their height hands down.

One of the blood elf on top said that the blood elves would sink to whatever means...the Night elves are ruthless and would slaughter Every SINGLE thing in their bath if they were at war. >> just as the Alliance when they first met them.

Then add to the fact hat with their wisp they can crippled arcane magic in general then the blood elves magic are all but useless. Also the sunwell doesn't do squat against the night elves because the night elves have hundreds of if thousands of moonwell while the High elves only have one sunwell.

I believe being part of the Alliance tempered their more brutal aspect. But the Night elves show mercy to no one, Elune is actually a legitimate divine entity that have been shown to assist her priestess.

Not only that, we all know night elves hate arcane energies and fully expect the burning legion to return one day. Hence the long vigil. All of their war making ability is to destory or counter arcane magic. In other words, they geared themsleves to fight the burning legion and seeing as how the burning legion main attack method is with arcane energies, the Night elves knows this.

Wisp, Dryads, farie dragons, Druid power, ELUNE light ...all would destory the High elves and not even break the sweat where as the blood elves would be utterly destroyed.

I would say the Blood elves analogue would be the Worgens.
The Night elves analogue would be the Forsaken.

Huntress and wood nymph vs bestial forest creature. The night elves would be life vs death.