Blood Elves and Night Elves

Story Forum
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
By the fact that their population wasn't decimated in recent history, I'd have to say that the Night Elves would win. That's not to say that the Blood Elves wouldn't put up one hell of a fight, but sadly, they would simply be out numbered.

But honestly, I don't see that the Blood Elves and Night Elves every fighting each other. They may hold old grudges (let's face it, Blood Elves don't let go of a grudge easily), but I just don't see them fighting each other unless it was on a field with all the races together for one big show down. I think they would be coldly polite to each other and that's about it.
In a straight up war?

I'd go with the Night Elves. Even after having suffered huge losses at the end of Warcraft 3, huge losses in The Burning Crusade, and huge losses against the orcs... they still have enough military might to fight the undead invasion of Gilneas to a standstill while the surviving leadership and civilians of Gilneas evacuate.

As of the Cataclysm, they've also fixed the corruption problems with their world tree, regained the blessings of Nozdormu and Alexstrasza, set Fandral Staghelm on fire (lulz), and put a lot of their internal affairs in order.

In terms of raw military might and experience, I'd say that the Night Elves would win, and rather handily.

However, assuming that it would get to a straight up war sort of does a disservice to the Blood Elves' strengths, which are clever planning, ruthless pursuit of victory, and effective diplomacy.
As it is currently probably night elves

At the height of HE power I would say it could go either way

At the height of HE power, they would have been destroyed by the night elves still.

At the height of HE power, they would have been destroyed by the night elves still.

I sincerely doubt that

The night elves are one of my favorite races and they are powerful

But so are the HE

Much tougher call. Inclined to still give it to the NE, but if it wasn't for how overpowered Malfurion and Tyrande are, I'd call it a draw.

HE have always tended to find themselves in need of allies, tbh, and that counts against them. There's never been a clear cut case of them standing on their own against a major threat.
The Highborne that fled was a MUCH smaller contingent of the Kaldorei. THe bulk of the Night Elves stayed behind. Which mean military, the Night elves have been pracitcing killing arcane users for all that time and still more numerous. While the Hight Elves would need allies, maybe the humans but by themselves, they would get obliterated.

I sincerely doubt that

But so are the HE

Well, if you want to count the High Elves at the height of their power, you should kinda do the same for Night Elves, even if you limit it to post Azshara (because honestly, pre-sundering I don't think even the Horde and Alliance could have stood against them when they had the Well of Eternity).

Which would mean that all the ancients, treants, Night Elves, and such that were either corrupted into Satyr (a vast amount of enemy troops in WC3) or killed and such would still be prestent.

As for naval battles, Genn's short story mentioned the Night Elves had ships that made theirs look small, and Night Elven hyppogriph riders were killing proto-drake riders at a 2:1 average.

I don't think Dragonhawks can say the same.

But in many ways the Satyr are the equivalent to the Scourge for humans. IT's not exact, but definitly a lot of similarities.

I sincerely doubt that

But so are the HE

Well, if you want to count the High Elves at the height of their power, you should kinda do the same for Night Elves, even if you limit it to post Azshara (because honestly, pre-sundering I don't think even the Horde and Alliance could have stood against them when they had the Well of Eternity).

Which would mean that all the ancients, treants, Night Elves, and such that were either corrupted into Satyr (a vast amount of enemy troops in WC3) or killed and such would still be prestent.

As for naval battles, Genn's short story mentioned the Night Elves had ships that made theirs look small, and Night Elven hyppogriph riders were killing proto-drake riders at a 2:1 average.

I don't think Dragonhawks can say the same.

But in many ways the Satyr are the equivalent to the Scourge for humans. IT's not exact, but definitly a lot of similarities.

I dont count the nightelves at the height of their power because they could have taken anyone then

WC3 night elves vs HE before orc and troll invasion would be a good fight I think

Edit: I should have specified that
The Night Elves most likely, but it would be a tough battle. Blood Elves all have arcane magic, and have, possibly, the greatest mages in Azeroth from their addiction in the past. They're an intelligent race, and would be fantastic at a high point where they are untouchable. Their mages and rangers would just pewpew away. Healers would protect them from the onslaught of arrows and druidic + mage fire.

However, the Night Elves have druidic powers on their side, fantastic rangers and warriors, and hundreds - thousands of years of experience in war and fighting. Despite the latest !@#$ writing of Blizzard's staff, Tyrande is a highly intelligent military strategist and is over 10,000 years old, experiencing multiple wars and has probably thought of hundreds of different ways to win a fight.

Night Elves have a wider range of abilities, far greater numbers, and command hundreds of years of experience. That is where the Blood Elves lack, as they don't even tend to live to the mature age of a Night Elf.
The Night Elves most likely, but it would be a tough battle. Blood Elves all have arcane magic, and have, possibly, the greatest mages in Azeroth from their addiction in the past. They're an intelligent race, and would be fantastic at a high point where they are untouchable. Their mages and rangers would just pewpew away. Healers would protect them from the onslaught of arrows and druidic + mage fire.

However, the Night Elves have druidic powers on their side, fantastic rangers and warriors, and hundreds - thousands of years of experience in war and fighting. Despite the latest !@#$ writing of Blizzard's staff, Tyrande is a highly intelligent military strategist and is over 10,000 years old, experiencing multiple wars and has probably thought of hundreds of different ways to win a fight.

Night Elves have a wider range of abilities, far greater numbers, and command hundreds of years of experience. That is where the Blood Elves lack, as they don't even tend to live to the mature age of a Night Elf.

That and Night elves gear their war machine to destroying arcane magic remember?
04/19/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Ferlion
You didn't really shatter us,trolls were already separated because of differences. I picture it as you were slaves to some dark trolls who didn't mutate from the well (Concept art for dark trolls were that they were very big trolls), you over run them and start building your empire. The empires are weak (Except for zandalari) because bigger forces mess with them. Neptulon had a Kraken drown stranglethorn, the Amani were brought down a bit because they were attacked by high elves with fire magic and humans from arathor, drakkari and farraki were destroyed simply by the places where they lived

Who do you think it was that broke the Amani and Gurubashi empires? It was the Night Elves, long before the High Elves even existed. Long before humans and High Elves were working together.

You are bringing up post sundering issues. The Troll empires never recovered from the beat down the Night ELves gave them thousands of years BEFORE the Sundering, and the Sundering was 10,000 years ago.

What do you mean broke? They were never broken. The night elves defeated their captors when they were slaves. Keep in mind that they mutated and became night elves at the well of eternity which was at the center of the continent, while zul'aman/gurub were in the far corners, if they even had night elves as slaves. Your talking like the night elves had a full on war with the trolls when they really didn't. Zul'aman was still strong after the sundering and so were the gurubashi.

Also be aware that there are battles that trolls won and night elves didn't "Win". The trolls fought the aqir 16k years ago and won (Both nerubians and qiraj) forcing them to make 2 groups. The night elves needed help from the aspects to help delay the qiraj attack.

The trolls were weakened by night elves, not destroyed.
IMBECILES!

You forget, what the belves lack in numbers we more then make up for in unlimited arcane power.

And besides, we wouldn't even need to deploy our army, we can just mana bomb Teldrassil into nothingness.
IMBECILES!

You forget, what the belves lack in numbers we more then make up for in unlimited arcane power.

And besides, we wouldn't even need to deploy our army, we can just mana bomb Teldrassil into nothingness.

BRING IT BRO.

I don't actually think the B'elfs have "Unlimited Power", though it is quite abundant.
04/19/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Jatzulak

Who do you think it was that broke the Amani and Gurubashi empires? It was the Night Elves, long before the High Elves even existed. Long before humans and High Elves were working together.

You are bringing up post sundering issues. The Troll empires never recovered from the beat down the Night ELves gave them thousands of years BEFORE the Sundering, and the Sundering was 10,000 years ago.

What do you mean broke? They were never broken. The night elves defeated their captors when they were slaves. Keep in mind that they mutated and became night elves at the well of eternity which was at the center of the continent, while zul'aman/gurub were in the far corners, if they even had night elves as slaves. Your talking like the night elves had a full on war with the trolls when they really didn't. Zul'aman was still strong after the sundering and so were the gurubashi.

Also be aware that there are battles that trolls won and night elves didn't "Win". The trolls fought the aqir 16k years ago and won (Both nerubians and qiraj) forcing them to make 2 groups. The night elves needed help from the aspects to help delay the qiraj attack.

The trolls were weakened by night elves, not destroyed.

They were never slaves.

That was bad information
Only Jainn Prudmoore can summon greater magic than the blood elves. There are no super powerful human mages alive, except for her and Khagdar. But Khadgar is too busy sitting on the Naaru's lap to do anything.

A powerful magical storm can destroy a legion of Night Elf warriors is what I'm saying. Night elves are stuck in their ways. They cling too hard to the past. Blood elves are always trying to move forward. Forwarding thinking brings on societal changes.
Only Jainn Prudmoore can summon greater magic than the blood elves. There are no super powerful human mages alive, except for her and Khagdar. But Khadgar is too busy sitting on the Naaru's lap to do anything.

A powerful magical storm can destroy a legion of Night Elf warriors is what I'm saying. Night elves are stuck in their ways. They cling too hard to the past. Blood elves are always trying to move forward. Forwarding thinking brings on societal changes.

You are wrong on so many levels. The Night elves invent new ways to destory arcane energies and magic wielder. They have perfected it and when faced with even greater foe as seen in the legion army, they matched it and invent new ways to kill the demons.

Stuck in the past? Hardly, they look forward to the future because they know the past cannot help them. I never ever gotten that vibe from them, the High elves would be dead easily as again, Night elves gear for war against specifically arcane magic users.

They also got Dryads who are completely immune to magics and have them be the meat shield and bam, dead Blood elves. Then of course, there the fact that they have a diety on their side, a diety that the blood elves can only use a fraction of her power. Blood elves at 100% is still only 10% of the Night elves fully mobilized.
04/20/2013 01:38 AMPosted by Crappytank
They also got Dryads who are completely immune to magics and have them be the meat shield and bam, dead Blood elves.

Dryads are not completely immune to magic. Stop that noise. Shoot, they were slaughtered by a blood elf quest giver(Braelyn Firehand) who just wanted to siphon the ley lines under Ashenvale.

Even if they "were" being resistant to magic doesn't stop the effects it has on the enviroment. So what if you are immune to the arcane bolt. When it explodes and it displaces the air, causes an explosion, debris-shrapnel, is the Dyrad immune to that? Doubtful.

The Night Elves magical resistances, while help, are not a god mode cheat.

Unfortunately for the Night Elves, all Blood Elves do is cheat.
I dont count the nightelves at the height of their power because they could have taken anyone then

WC3 night elves vs HE before orc and troll invasion would be a good fight I think

It may be a good fight, but it misses the point of the question. The OP asked which side would win in a fight with no outside interference, and your answer artificially inflated the numbers of one side but not the other in order to make it less one-sided.
04/20/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Sinsaria
They also got Dryads who are completely immune to magics and have them be the meat shield and bam, dead Blood elves.

Dryads are not completely immune to magic. Stop that noise. Shoot, they were slaughtered by a blood elf quest giver(Braelyn Firehand) who just wanted to siphon the ley lines under Ashenvale.

Even if they "were" being resistant to magic doesn't stop the effects it has on the enviroment. So what if you are immune to the arcane bolt. When it explodes and it displaces the air, causes an explosion, debris-shrapnel, is the Dyrad immune to that? Doubtful.

The Night Elves magical resistances, while help, are not a god mode cheat.

Unfortunately for the Night Elves, all Blood Elves do is cheat.

WoW game mechanics had to change how dryads worked, but in the past, they used to be 100% immune to any magical effects, whatever the source, with the ability to dispel everything. It doesn't matter what spell was cast on them. Giant hammer that can stun the strongest paladin for several second? Wouldn't even phaze them. A hail of ice storming from the sky? Not even a scratch. An infernal crashing directly on top of them from the sky? lol, try again noob. WoW may have changed the rules, but dryads have long been canonically immune to magic and whatever effects it had on the environment.

You also seem to imply that the Night elves are unable to cheat. I'll remind you that before WoW butchered them, they were the race the most capable of ambushing enemies, and simply walking into their territory made you more likely to get an arrow in the face instantly than walk out still breathing.