Brawler Title Changes

General Discussion
yea that's like argueing your a manic depressive because you strive to have epic gear or a higher level or another max lvl character. god your an idiot

No... it's not. Honestly, you were just looking for an excuse to call me an idiot, weren't you?
Because I want to be a special snowflake too.
Then again, since when has anyone on the internet ever needed an excuse to call someone else an idiot?
04/17/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Cornelius
no it shouldn't.

brawler's guild was marketed as a solo player event, a test of the player's skill
it's a test of gear - skill comes after, this should not be.

each fight should be progressively challenging. you shouldn't be able to come in there with 502 ilvl and burst fights up to r7 without a single mechanic.
Welcome to Blizzard, where casual people complain that they can't get things, so they give them things "hardcore" players worked hard for.

You're about 3 expansions late on this discovery.

Feel free to pull your head back out of whatever it's in, and learn that casuals are just as good as those "hardcores".

You're thinking of "bads".
04/17/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Zathas
I know I might just be sounding like a jackass that thinks i'm better than everyone else, but i'm not trying to be like that. I just think removing the challenge of getting a title that is supposed to be challenging to get is a very bad decision. Why not just make it so that you have to get to the higher ranks in order to get the title, or scale up the fights to compensate for the higher ilvl gear that we now have access to from ToT? Or you can completely remove the title and only the people who have it now can keep it, and give another reward for people who get to the ranks after.

Oh no, you don't sound like a jackass who thinks he's better than everyone else.
You sound like a jackass who has a low self esteem and needs a title to calculate his self worth.

You really should take a look in the mirror, buddy. Calling people names on the internet, how mature.

Btw... I have no stake in the subject of this post, but in principle I agree with keeping some things in this game difficult to achieve.
Brawler's Guild
World Events
Brawlin' and Shot Callin' now rewards the Brawler title.

This is honestly very dumb. It pretty much makes the title completely meaningless, and it is insulting toward the people who actually had to work hard to get this title, and that includes myself. With all the new gear from ToT and removing the requirement to kill a rare boss it basically makes this title achievable by anyone who cares enough and spends more than a couple hours trying for it.
I don't understand why you would be doing this, it just simply makes no sense. You're taking a title that was unique and rare, and just throwing that away and making it mean almost nothing. The whole reason I worked so hard for this title is because it has meaning, and because there aren't very many people who are able to get it. As of right now I have only seen maybe 3 or 4 other people on my realm with this title, and with this new change I expect to see it everywhere.
I know I might just be sounding like a jackass that thinks i'm better than everyone else, but i'm not trying to be like that. I just think removing the challenge of getting a title that is supposed to be challenging to get is a very bad decision. Why not just make it so that you have to get to the higher ranks in order to get the title, or scale up the fights to compensate for the higher ilvl gear that we now have access to from ToT? Or you can completely remove the title and only the people who have it now can keep it, and give another reward for people who get to the ranks after.
If these changes actually go through I know it will upset many people, including myself. Please don't do this

ATM all you have to do is kill one of the rares. IMO, gg engi is already harder than the eyeball, so this change really doesn't change anything.
04/17/2013 08:04 PMPosted by Pozy
no it shouldn't.

brawler's guild was marketed as a solo player event, a test of the player's skill
it's a test of gear - skill comes after, this should not be.

each fight should be progressively challenging. you shouldn't be able to come in there with 502 ilvl and burst fights up to r7 without a single mechanic.

Completely agree.
You can't zerg to r7 ignoring mechanics. There's plenty of fights if you ignore mechanics you will be 1-2 shot. The novelty is over, let people get it easily, it's supposed to be a casual side PVE adventure, not a serious component of the game. People who get an achievement then want it road blocked are just as crazy as those who want everything to be given to them. Brawlers fights kill people r7+ about 3/4 of the time on my realm, it's challenging enough.

Oh no, you don't sound like a jackass who thinks he's better than everyone else.
You sound like a jackass who has a low self esteem and needs a title to calculate his self worth.

You really should take a look in the mirror, buddy. Calling people names on the internet, how mature.

Btw... I have no stake in the subject of this post, but in principle I agree with keeping some things in this game difficult to achieve.

He was the one who brought up the fact he thought he sounded like a jackass. I was simply agreeing with him. But for a different reason then the one he listed. Plus, I've never really stated that I'm an symbol of maturity over here.

And there are still hard things in the game. They just change as the game progresses. And even now, some Heroic raid encounters are tough to do. What about those challenge dungeons?
Wait, whats the change?
And there are still hard things in the game. They just change as the game progresses. And even now, some Heroic raid encounters are tough to do. What about those challenge dungeons?

You're missing the point again. The overall difficulty of the Brawler's Guild is going to increase because of the added ranks and the cards they are introducing, so I am not worried about that nor was I talking about it. I am trying to figure out why they are deciding to make this change to the title, and having it be much easier to get. There is literally no reason for them to do this. Why increase the difficulty but give us the best reward for not doing anything difficult? It just simply doesn't make sense, and, like I said before, is completely unfair and a direct slap in the face to everybody who did it prior. Why not give us the best reward for doing the most difficult thing? Does that just make too much sense or something?
Meh.
Wait, whats the change?

They are making it so that the Brawler title is rewarded upon achieving rank 8, instead of defeating a rank 8 boss.
They are making it so that the Brawler title is rewarded upon achieving rank 8, instead of defeating a rank 8 boss.
Uhhhhhhhh. Good god its such a tiny difference, does it really matter?
04/17/2013 08:55 PMPosted by Deathknoob
Uhhhhhhhh. Good god its such a tiny different, does it really matter?

It makes the title about 100x easier to get, especially considering all of the new gear that you can get from ToT and other things. It makes the title go from actually meaning something to something that doesn't matter at all.
Anyone willing to put the effort into reaching rank 8 nowadays can very easily kill a rare as well so the change isn't overly major.

Besides, a lot of the rares were very poorly tuned for certain classes (ranged getting several seconds longer to dps manastorm for example) so I don't mind it.
Reaching rank 8 is not very difficult at all.
Reaching rank 8 is not very difficult at all.

Niether is killing one of the rares with ToT gear was my point. Most of them are just gear checks.