Orb Of Mystery

Professions
Is the orb of mastery now glitched like it was for the vial of the sands, so when you would transfer the mats would dubble? because someone on my realm was selling the Jeweled onyx panther (takes 4 orbs = 72k min) for 60k.....

Anyone know?
Maybe the person that posted it doesn't need the gold, doesn't care about profit, or reposted so much he/she just wants to get rid of it.

There's many reasons why someone would post an item and take a lose. Bottom line is, we can only speculate. If you absolutely have to know, pm the poster with your questions. Granted, you may not like the results of that conversation. But, it's the only way to be certain.

As far as it being glitched, not that I've heard of.
This is bad why? Unless you are trying to sell one that costs more than someone beats ya to it. There is no glitch that has been found that doubles mats, Nor is there a reason it might be there because someone is selling something cheaper than it supposed to sell. Some reasons the person could be selling that under the proffesion made price. Number 1 the person is horrible at math and think he or she is gaining profit selling it for 60k. Number 2 the person might just wish to get rid of it and is selling it cheaper than proffesion made in hopes someone would buy it. Number 3 the person is feeling generous and wishes to sell it less then the normal price. Number 4 Some people get mounts and items for free from friends and sometimes they turn around and sell it for profit, Of course he or she does not know how much it really sells and just guessed a price. Thats about it so if you are trying to sell one yourself but you are unsatisfied because it wont sell if its a higher price than the one is being sold, hold out and wait till its bought or the person stops selling it.
I personally would stay away from anything I suspect to be a product of "duping." while I cannot say for certainty there actually is something up with the orbs of mystery, I too have seen several of the onyx panthers on my server between 50-60k. too many to just think nothing of it. I'd rather be safe and not get involved with them than be sorry and either lose the mount, the gold, and/or worse later.
I'm fairly certain the panthers are being duped. I have seen them go for as little as 30k on my realm. That is not the sort of thing you do because you "dont need the money'...it's the kind of thing you do because they're free.
dupe duped duped
Would love to be on your server OP... On mine it is going for about 135 000 gold (the onyx panther)
I've seen people selling them for 55k on Moonguard for several weeks now. Different chars so I am willing to bet they were banned and are selling dubbed items. It doesn't matter if you have been holding an item for months, nobody is going to undercut themselves and make negative profit. If someone is selling for less than 72k, they are sellling dubbed items. So if I were you, I wouldn't buy it.
Don't be so quick to assume they are cheating. You can only transfer 50,000 gold with a character to a new realm. So if you are Mr. Money Bags and are gold capped on one or two toon then making a bunch of mounts and taking them with you to sell at a loss for fast gold is a common practice and not that big of a deal to take the loss when you have millions of gold on other servers.
dupe duped duped

Blizzard in official capacity has stated that his is not happening anywhere.
04/05/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Lifenite
dupe duped duped

Blizzard in official capacity has stated that his is not happening anywhere.

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories and such, but in this case Blizzard is full of crap. They've always denied the existance of dupes, but they do exist.

Once I accidentally duped a Skullflame Shield. I won't say how in case it wasn't fixed. Just a freak occurance but I'm sure it could be replicated by somebody of the mind to. For the record I destroyed the extra Shield I got.

I also frequent other forums, one other is not entirely "honorable" and dupes are discussed. While I do not engage in cheating I find it to my benefit to know what's going on so I can use my gold wisely (for example, if Sands of Time are being duped, I'm not going to be making legitimate Vial of the Sands) I'd believe them over Blizzard in this case.

Don't be so quick to assume they are cheating. You can only transfer 50,000 gold with a character to a new realm. So if you are Mr. Money Bags and are gold capped on one or two toon then making a bunch of mounts and taking them with you to sell at a loss for fast gold is a common practice and not that big of a deal to take the loss when you have millions of gold on other servers.

I agree with you in that people are often too quick to assume one is cheating...look at the bot threads that pop up from time to time. However, there are better ways to move gold and not take a 40% loss in the process. Anybody moving a large sum of gold should be able to figure that out. In addition, the fact that these mounts are, without fail (at least on my server) being sold by a level 1 is a giant red flag. The fact that it is so widespread and consistant in pricing and spam is another red flag.
I don't know what the chances of getting an Orb of Mystery out of the blingtron gift box is, but I've gotten two, and I don't go a day without using my blingtron. I wouldn't be so quick to accuse anyone of duping anything, when we all have a chance to get the orb for free out of this package. It's very possible that those selling the mount cheaper than what it would cost you to buy 4 orbs at the vendor, have gotten lucky enough to acquire 1 or more from the blingtron, for free.
I can guarantee level 1s that sell multiple onyx panthers a day aren't getting lucky on blingtron, there's no white knighting against the fact that there are dupers. The panther duper just started about 2 weeks ago on my realm with 55k panthers and that's pretty high compared to other realms I've seen that they go for 20-30k.

Blizz can say all they want that duping isn't going on but when I see the same guy selling 2-3+ onyx panthers a day and constantly saw during t14 people with 100+ blood spirits on a daily basis there is no doubt in my mind there are items being duped.
On my server you couldn't sell an Onyx Panther to save your life, much less the cheaper ones (which barely go for more than the material cost, and even those don't sell).