is pvp gear > pve for pve?

Paladin
I have a cuple peices of gear in question,

Bracers of Six Oxen vs Malevolent Gladiator's Armplates of Alacrity
the tooltip for armory is wrong on the Malevolent Gladiator's Armplates of Alacrity.
the correct stats are

2257 armor
556 strength
906 stam
405 haste
331 mast

both It lvl 476
the pve item has 57 less stam on it, and same strength, same armor
pvp 331 mast, 405 haste

pve item 377 dodge, 377 parry
[item="Malevolent Gladiator's Armplates of Alacrity" /]

looks to me like the pvp item regardless of the added pvp stats, pvp power/resil, is better for pve than the actual pve gear at same it lvl, am i correct?
PvP stats (power, resilience) no longer come out of the item's stat budget, so yes, PvP gear is just as good as PvE gear of the same item level. If the PvP piece is better itemized, then it's better.
it looks like point for point, the pvp item is over itemized, or am i wrong?
Look at them again, this time ignore the PVP stats. How do they look now?
No, those stat budgets look pretty closely balanced. Do keep in mind that item stat budgets are not just "an ilvl 476 item gets 1500 total stat points", so just comparing the total amount of stats may be misleading. But the PvP bracers have less Str, more Stam, less of one rating, and more of another. (And a bunch of PvP stats, but those do nothing in PvE and aren't a part of the stat budget in the first place.)
No, those stat budgets look pretty closely balanced. Do keep in mind that item stat budgets are not just "an ilvl 476 item gets 1500 total stat points", so just comparing the total amount of stats may be misleading. But the PvP bracers have less Str, more Stam, less of one rating, and more of another. (And a bunch of PvP stats, but those do nothing in PvE and aren't a part of the stat budget in the first place.)

no, thats what im tryin to say, they have the same strength, and the pvp item has more stamina,

the primaray stas are off, now added the secondary stats ignoring pvppwower/res, they have a small amount less added together, but not as much as they have more stam.

this is what i am looking at

pvp item
2257 armor
556 strength
906 stam
405 haste
331 mast

pve item
2257 Armor
+566 Strength
+849 Stamina
+377 Dodge
+377 Parry

dosnt add up

remeber the armory tool tip is wrong, there is actualy 906 stam on the pvp item
That's because Blizzard recently buffed the stamina on all the 476 PvP gear. It's not coming out of the normal item budget.
Oh, your OP said the bracers actually have 556 Str instead of 566, but I see that was a typo.

They did raise the amount of stamina on PvP gear shortly after 5.2. If they did that by just adding free stamina, rather than readjusting the item to favor stamina more heavily, then yeah, PvP gear would be slightly over-budget for its level. Of course, a 483 or 489 PvE item probably still has more stats than a slightly-over-budget 476 PvP item.

As an aside, adding the stats together *is not* the item's stat budget. IIRC (it's been a LONG time since I saw anyone talking about the actual calculations, so grain of salt here), it's actually [(stat1)^1.5 + (stat2)^1.5 + etc] that totals up to make the item's budget. Which means that a single stat at 400 costs more than two stats at 200 each, for example.
That's because Blizzard recently buffed the stamina on all the 476 PvP gear. It's not coming out of the normal item budget.

This is the reason. Forum/armory/wowhead tooltips don't reflect the changes, but the 476 honor gear has a higher stamina than it's ilvl should allow, specifically to narrow what was a very extreme gap between new honor geared 90's and people who were in last season's malevolent with varying levels of upgrades. So while normally the ilvl of a pvp piece accurately reflects it's effective pve ilvl, at current the 476 pieces are over budget on stamina.

Even prior to the hotfix, a number of pvp pieces are very well itemized for tanking. The bracers you linked, along with Malevolent Gladiator's Scaled Helm, Malevolent Gladiator's Signet of Accuracy, Malevolent Gladiator's Cloak of Prowess all have basically perfect itemization almost regardless of your preferred gearing focus, and if you want haste then Malevolent Gladiator's Scaled Shoulders, Malevolent Gladiator's Girdle of Accuracy, and Malevolent Gladiator's Choker of Accuracy are also very good for tanking, and right now, all have higher than normal stamina.

As an aside, adding the stats together *is not* the item's stat budget. IIRC (it's been a LONG time since I saw anyone talking about the actual calculations, so grain of salt here), it's actually [(stat1)^1.5 + (stat2)^1.5 + etc] that totals up to make the item's budget. Which means that a single stat at 400 costs more than two stats at 200 each, for example.

There's some minor oddities in it, but because under normal circumstances stamina is fixed by ilvl and the primary stat is usually also fixed by ilvl, you can mostly add up the rating stats. They should be pretty close but high/low stats do alter the way the budget is spent, as do sockets. Socket budget partially comes out of the primary stat budget, and once in a while on tanking pieces, the primary stat budget is partially spent on secondary stats.
alrighty thanks. I spent the last cuple weeks messing around in pvp to get some gear to help me tank seeing how the heroic stuff isint as good it seams, jp items suck, and some of the equivelent raid finder gear is also below.

but yes, i am geting together a starter tanking set, thanks for the info!! i think the only other pvp item i want is the tirantical hit/mast ring, and call it quits on pvp and focus on valor gear.

ps, its been quite a while sence i have done any item gear calculations too!!! lol