Durumu Maze broken? --Solved

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Post Limit:
It was a mess for us also. the path stopped opening up near the end while the death beam was still coming. We lost some people once to that.

We had no ranged path once then the melee path we were in stopped opening while a ranged one opened and we lost a bunch of people.

I just wish they had left it alone on normal since once you learned it the fight was fine now it is a mess.

We still killed it but I now dread the maze again since it seems to not be working right.
I've never had a problem with the maze once I figured it out. Today in lfr I died 3 times in a row on the ranged path.

The path appeared to open sooner but then the beam caught me all 3 times, so it feels as if it may be rotating a lot faster than it used to.
The path appeared to open sooner but then the beam caught me all 3 times, so it feels as if it may be rotating a lot faster than it used to.

it is. The maze clears out a path at the same rate but the beam moves faster so there is a little less room for error. It's very doable, but it's also tougher than it was before the reset.
Well darn it all. My guild was very close to a kill after many wipes last week and this is going to mess us up so bad. WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE IT LIKE THIS!? I actually liked it before but it's so wonky and messed up now and it seems like durumu is going to block my guild for another week with this extra unneccessary complication. I did LFR on my priest recently and the beam seemed faster and the pathing seemed more messed up than usual. I literally had to run through eye sore because the melee path completely stopped opening... I had to run to the ranged path and take a lot of damage doing so. I've never seen a path start like that and completely halt.

I liked it before. I do NOT like it now.
04/10/2013 12:26 AMPosted by Jetjaguar

it is. The maze clears out a path at the same rate but the beam moves faster so there is a little less room for error. It's very doable, but it's also tougher than it was before the reset.

I didn't realize the intent was to make it harder LOL. I'm honestly hoping for a second hotfix for this hotfix.
Killed him tonight after a few wipes. It's definitely more difficult now than it was before. In addition to the beam moving faster, it seems to just stop spawning safe zones near the end of the phase. You don't necessarily have to jump into eye sores, but it's very, very close.

I had three additional impressions. One, the eye sores always seemed to start spawning in the same place (and same direction). It also seemed to spawn the edge path more often. This may be down to RNG, but the first was definitely worthy of note. Finally, the safe zones seemed to be spawning slower than they did previously. At a few points I had to stop running and wait for the patch ahead to spawn, which I never had to do before.

The trick to killing it after this change (along the ranged path) is that you have to recognize the path and react much faster than you used to. You can see the path much more clearly before the beam starts, and your raid needs to start moving the instant it spawns. No more waiting around for a few seconds. Aside from that, a speed c/d or two and some extra raid healing is pretty much all you need.
The maze ends after you go like 360 and requires you to take eye sore dmg at the end

FIX PLZ
its broken.

sometimes there will be a path, sometimes not, and often you have to take damage cause well...theres nowhere to go.

did they even test this "fix"?
04/10/2013 12:46 AMPosted by Stratis

I didn't realize the intent was to make it harder LOL. I'm honestly hoping for a second hotfix for this hotfix.

If they removed the problem with no path opening at the end of the maze, it'll should be fine.
My group has been using the outer path, and when the beam is close we just pop roar, seems to work fine for us.
When that happens I think it's the bosses shadow that !@#$s with the "safe spots" cuz i've lost it too.
Can't they just revert it for normal/heroic and leave it for LFR? Least in normal guilds are used to wiping many times getting used to a mechanic, so leaving as is wasn't a huge problem.
Can't they just revert it for normal/heroic and leave it for LFR? Least in normal guilds are used to wiping many times getting used to a mechanic, so leaving as is wasn't a huge problem.

they should, currently you cant avoid damage at the very end of it and people might have to blow cooldowns they otherwise wouldnt have to (if they did it right).

all they needed to do was tone down particle effects to make it more clear on high graphic settings, imo.
last night on 25 man normal: once we realized after the 1st wipe that the path no longer started behind us:
1) the path is very clear now where to start, always showed up
2) the cutter seemed to changed speeds, getting really fast at the end
3) the cutter would continue longer than it used to, basically to the end of the cleared zone, to which at times we jumped into the purple stuff to not get disintegrated right at the end.

So with changes, the start was very easy now, then end was way clunky/harder...just our experience. Did not run LFR yet.
May just be a relearning curve, after many wipes on it the other way :)
They broke it in LFR, too. At the end of the run the maze just stops and you have to just run through the maze to avoid getting hit by the beam. Up until that last few seconds it's fine.
last night on 25 man normal: once we realized after the 1st wipe that the path no longer started behind us:
1) the path is very clear now where to start, always showed up
2) the cutter seemed to changed speeds, getting really fast at the end
3) the cutter would continue longer than it used to, basically to the end of the cleared zone, to which at times we jumped into the purple stuff to not get disintegrated right at the end.

So with changes, the start was very easy now, then end was way clunky/harder...just our experience. Did not run LFR yet.
May just be a relearning curve, after many wipes on it the other way :)

Yeah that's pretty much what we ended up relearning for 10 man normal as well. It looks like the deathbeam starts to move later than it used to, but still goes for it's full cast length. Which basically puts the melee path in a position where the fog is no longer being revealed, but the beam is still moving towards them. There's seemingly nothing else to do but take a "leap of faith" into the fog to avoid getting hit by it.

This video from last night for reference (I didn't choose the music) http://www.twitch.tv/boredmind/b/388902006?t=84m57s

I can see how the particle effects might have caused some performance issues, but the effect was fine gameplay-wise, and didn't need to be changed. Once you learned how to do it, the fight was a cakewalk. A simple fix for LFR could have been just to decrease the amount of damage taken from the fog.
Please fix it for normal mode
There were so many ways to 'fix' this maze and you guys chose probably the worst one short of eliminating it entirely. Kudos.
please bring back the old durumu on normal / heroic modes
my guild was doing a lot of wipefest on maze phase.. it didnt happen last week