What inspired you to become a rogue?

Rogue
I wanted to be a rogue because of things I can't talk about on official Blizzard forums.
Way back in vanilla it was the only class that could viably use dual swords.

Also UD stealth animation was more or less the greatest thing ever, before they murdered it all and them all hoppy and very un-sneaky.
When I first started playing, I'm ashamed to admit, I was a huntard. This was back in vanilla. I was running through EPL I think it was. Me and a lock from my guild were flagged, and a BF rogue jumped out and ganked us both...I had to know how, I tried out a rogue, and never looked back lol
because i like doing it from behind
In 2004 I rolled this character. The reason I rolled Rogue was because I have always had that affinity for being the cheap, sneaky bastard. In every video game I play, I always go right for the sneaking class. In Guild Wars 2, I play a Thief. In Skyrim, I play an Assassin/Thief.

If there's a stealth class - that's my class.
played it since launch and before (beta)

always been my main.

always been my main.

Yep.

Sure, this character has switched factions, changed servers, and altered appearance more times than I can count, but I've never really been able to play and enjoy another class like I do the rogue. It just feels so unnatural.

Hear, hear.

What inspired me was the Night Elf gameplay from WC3 (Real was originally NE), being all stealthy at night-time.

always been my main.

Yep.

Sure, this character has switched factions, changed servers, and altered appearance more times than I can count, but I've never really been able to play and enjoy another class like I do the rogue. It just feels so unnatural.

Hear, hear.

What inspired me was the Night Elf gameplay from WC3 (Real was originally NE), being all stealthy at night-time.

ya, shear started out as a nelf at launch... let's just say that shadowmeld wasn't nearly as good then as it is now lol.
ya, shear started out as a nelf at launch... let's just say that shadowmeld wasn't nearly as good then as it is now lol.

Oh lord it was bad. I remember reading the tootip at the time and thinking "Uhmm, yeah... not the best racial since I'm a Rogue, but whatever. At least the nature resistance will come in handy."

>.>
I've been playing this Archetype in games since I was a kid, playing the original D&D. I generally play a Thief/Rogue in pretty much every game if possible.
I did not make this video (I am nowhere near that talented)! This is by far my favorite rogue video out there.
Not going to lie, I still have my "Certificate of Thievery" from the SI:7 quests. I miss the rogue-specific quests.
I like ninjas and werewolves.

always been my main.

I remember beta rogues. In a weird way, I miss the old rogue utility and play style but that might just be nostalgia speaking.
Pretty much the same as you , back in Vanilla I was a rogue , then in BC and in LK , stopped and I saw a video of a rogue in MOP and I was like '' I'm gonna be a rogue again . " . For me the Rogue class is the most fun and challenging . No other class has that adrenalin rush when you finally sap the person you stalked for 5 minutes after they stopped and you let out a mother of all combos on them and watch them die . It's hard , we don't have all the pretty 'lil spells or awsome abilities of other classes nor the crits we use too have but still the best class to play in my eyes .
edward norton
I've always been the type to not go face to face conflict in real life, I prefer to have the other person bump into walls or make their life difficult, so rogue matches me, but when I see injustice, I am there with my mighty fist of justice....errr daggers lol

Real life: Me vs jerk: let em have a difficult time and not help them in whatever they need.
Me in WoW vs elitist: /lol and make them angry by sap, blind, full cc, then when they think they got me /vanish or just run around them w/o dpsing them /chicken so that when they kill me and I didnt fight back, they still feel empty.
I like swords.

my original logic. I just wanted a sword swinging melee character, and I'd already played and found warrior to be meh. Funnily enough I ended up using dagger the whole way up to 70.
Originally, I leveled this to be a PvP alt while I kept my NE priest (my first char) for healing in PvE raids. I chose rogue because they could get away without dieing if things go awry, as only maybe a week or 2 before I had been on the receiving end of being ganked by a rogue and being frustrated at how they could get away when I got others to help me out.

Ultimately, I found the rogue playstyle, specifically the control they had in fights to be appealing, to the point where I made this rogue my main for PvP and PvE at the beginning of WotLK. I felt that I had total control over almost everything in a fight, something I seemed to crave as my RL at the time felt like I had no control over anything =/
I like being a class that statistically barely anyone plays. A class that when used right is incredibly strong, but when used wrong is incredibly weak.

Rogues don't need changing to get more people playing, we like being a minority.