Open Libram LXXV: Holy TV, MOAR HIT?!

Paladin
Prev 1 11 12 13 26 Next
I certainly won't be buying one.

Although perhaps making it battle and letting it die over and over and over and over would be somewhat cathartic.......

Show me on the robot where the lense flare touched you caden.

It touched my awestruck and naive childhood and turned it into a generic action movie.

But I do believe we've had this one out already Chaz. :P
04/21/2013 08:36 AMPosted by Vlada
Get Lucky is the single most important piece of music I've heard in the past 5 or so years.

Really? ;x

Song sound very familiar, can't put my finger on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NV6Rdv1a3I

It's the first time I ever purchased any music on iTunes. I support Daft Punk that much.
You can drag the tricksters past the first room? 0_o
No you can't but range has to be very fast at noticing and then killing them. Also use the explosive barrels to stun the big ones as the run up :).
04/21/2013 12:10 PMPosted by Jackishi

Really? ;x

Song sound very familiar, can't put my finger on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NV6Rdv1a3I

It's the first time I ever purchased any music on iTunes. I support Daft Punk that much.

Oh no, I've seen it, I meant it sounds like I've heard it before. Like years ago. Or maybe I'm just confusing it with something a lot older. I like Daft Punk, but the song doesn't strike as anything 'new'.

To each their own. I tell people to check out Deltron 3030 and they roll their eyes at me :(
It touched my awestruck and naive childhood and turned it into a generic action movie.

wait, are you talking about transformers or star trek?

i liked both of them..... :(
Gate of the Setting Sun and Scarlet Monastery Bronze, on the first try too. Woot.

I'm starting to have higher hopes about my group actually being capable of Silvers. Now we just need to get Bronze in Shado-Pan and Brewery which have been giving us the most trouble.

wait, are you talking about transformers or star trek?

Star Trek.

i liked both of them..... :(

That's fine, far be it for my bitterness to affect a fan of the film. It was a good movie I agree, a good action movie. But to me it wasn't a Star Trek movie.
never liked Star Trek until I saw the recent movie

Hrrrrrrnnnnnnnnngggggg!
Star Trek is for neeerds
Couldn't watch the original star trek without laughing. TNG is still the best though.
Star Trek is for neeerds

Nerrrrrds

I know.

I wish they had left it for nerds instead of watering it down for the general action/explosions/pretty colors crowd.

04/21/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Aglaea
Couldn't watch the original star trek without laughing.

You have to consider what they had to work with, but yeah.

TNG is still the best though.

Yus. Picard is best Captain ever.
NBA playoffs is making me sad this season. No Kobe.
Transformers was uhhhhhmmm.... explosion guy. Michael Bay!

they all look the same at this point :(

and both were properties i adored in my childhood that were turned into blockbuster action flicks with lense flare.

Yus. Picard is best Captain ever.

Sisko is best captain. if only because Avery Brooks also played Hawk in Spenser for Hire.

That's fine, far be it for my bitterness to affect a fan of the film. It was a good movie I agree, a good action movie. But to me it wasn't a Star Trek movie.

i was a fairly hardcore treckie in my misspent youth, i went into it expecting to hate it. but other then some fairly "wherethe!@#$didthatcomefrom" plot moments i felt that the characterisations was really quite good.
MSP Gold, one shot it tonight!

Scarlet Monastery now, I can already feel the pain.
at least they relegated the new star trek movie franchise to an alternate universe so that nerds couldn't get mad at the gross violation of the spacetime continuum, to the point that action janeway would be forced to show up and be like 'idiots what did you do UGH'.

anyway, i thought the character interaction was actually quite good in that film, and rather enjoyed it, and i watched all the old star trek shows and TNG with my dad when i was a wee child. to each their own, i guess!

anyway, i also like the bad robot guy, so i'll build a gaggle and sell them for cashshshshshhhshsh (that's a... that's a nice hat) to finance my xmog habit.
I hate Imp Swarm....

They seriously like to screw up every possible invisibility potion.
Star Trek is for neeerds

Nerrrrrds

yIjatlh'Qo' waHomS!
04/21/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Vladja
Sisko is best captain.

I didn't like the whole prophet thing they did to him by the end of DS9.

As for the new movie as far as characterization went? Sulu became a space ninja, Kirk became a street punk with semi deus ex powers and Uhura was turned into a sex symbol.

I mean the whole Uhura/Spock thing? Really?

Scotty was okay.......I guess.

Yeah I know the time line changes explain most of the character changes supposedly but again it was just an action movie. The Star Trek core wasn't there.

04/21/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Vladja
i went into it expecting to hate it.

I went into it expecting to love it and then came out of it sad.

It's not a bad movie, it's just not a Star Trek movie.

I'm surprised Chaz hasn't tried to tear me a new one yet over this.

<_<