Open Libram LXXV: Holy TV, MOAR HIT?!

Paladin
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
God, that place was a nightmare.

I never had trouble with it, dunno.
04/18/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Vlada
I'm in your LFRs... DPSing as a Blood DK

I'm in your LFRs, DPSing as a holy pally... I'll go back to lurking.
I never had trouble with it, dunno.

being a paladin kind of trivialized a lot of it, i imagine groups without an aoe undead stun had more issues with it ( i miss all our anti undead abilities)

the next encounter in that place is incredibly epic though, and one of my alltime favorite encounters, 5 mans or raids.

.......and ardent defender could keep you up through fury of frostmourne in there as i learned many times when i ended up with a weak dps group.
Probably still more useful then 90% of the actual DPS in there.

I was the only one interrupting and using my brez on healers ;o

27k DPS.

/flex
I'll go back to lurking.

Oi!

Ya creeper. :P

i miss all our anti undead abilities

I do too, I don't know why they took them away. Not like Sense Undead was hurting anything and letting exo auto crit on undead would hardly be an advantage after Wrath.

Prot still has Holy Wrath and I'm not sure I'd really want it back as Ret, but AoE undead stun was awesome.
04/18/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
I'll go back to lurking.

Oi!

i miss all our anti undead abilities

I do too, I don't know why they took them away. Not like Sense Undead was hurting anything and letting exo auto crit on undead would hardly be an advantage after Wrath.

Prot still has Holy Wrath and I'm not sure I'd really want it back as Ret, but AoE undead stun was awesome.

Blizz has done so much stupid !@#$ with our class this expansion. I want to punch the face of whoever came up with the idea of moving 90% of our classes AoE solely into Prot. I forgive trying to turn us into Rogues, but taking away Consecration was too much.
Oi!

That I am. For the past few Librams now. I just pop in every now and again.

I don't think Holy Wrath would have a purpose for Ret. As Prot it sort of makes sense - it could very easily just be a hard-hitting single-target filler (basically what it is most of the time) but then we wouldn't have anything to tag mobs that run by that aren't quite in melee range yet.

It actually fills a somewhat important niche/gap in our toolkit - our main AoE ability requires us to be in melee range already, Consecrate is a ground AoE that is placed beneath our feet, and Light's Hammer has a long cooldown. Holy Wrath doesn't have a long range and doesn't hit particularly hard when the damage is split among multiple mobs, but it does help with a gap in our toolkit so it's a neat addition.

Ret would just look at it and go "uh, I guess this is neat".

they took away a lot of non game breaking flavor abilities. i understand why they got rid of divine intervention, but sense undead WASN'T hurting anyone and it was a cool little lore thing. i wish they would give it back to us as a minor glyph like that rogues got their swirly ball and dk's corpse explosion back.

makes me sad, makes more feel less paladiny

hence why consecrate should be baseline not holy wrath.

non targeted aoe is important!
makes me sad, makes more feel less paladiny

/nod

I was actually hoping when they announced the glyph redesign that it would be one of our cosmetic choices.

They can't even use the excuse of button clutter, it was a freaking tracking option on the map!

I misses it.
Losing all those utility abilities was one of the toughest things for me to adjust to after re-subbing, having skipped almost the entirety of Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm. Back in the day, I never cared much for auras - the holy damage boost from sanctity aura felt more desultory than helpful - but I was surprised how much I missed them now that I don't have them.

The main thing I miss is downranked consecration for guarding flags, though.
04/18/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Vladja

hence why consecrate should be baseline not holy wrath.

non targeted aoe is important!

Oh, I concur. Baseline Consecrate would be godlike - they can even make it scale poorly for Ret and Holy, so that the former only uses it in mass AoE situations and the latter only uses it for crap like flag guarding or Hide phases on Lei Shi, and people would be happy.
I dont like non moving ground aoes when most fights are so mobile.

Paladins need Hellfire!

its true, but it would still be better then the situation we are in now.
Speaking of wrath dungeons and the perceptions of them...

How many of you have been leveling an alt, and you get Utgarde Keep, and the tank is like "lol I got this" as he proceeds to grab all the trash just up the steps, gets stunned, and then goes from full heath to zero in 2 seconds?

Also, my memory might not be all that great since I was overseas and had a lot of other stuff going on at the time, but I remember the forums being full of all sorts of QQ over some of the initial heroics being too hard. (Halls of Lightning, Halls of Stone, Utgarde Pinnacle, etc. generated a lot of QQ).
I just remember Halls of Lightning (Loken is unhealable by a Holy Paladin!) and Halls of Stone (the Brann gauntlet is untankable by a Prot Warrior!) being big QQ-fests. I don't remember Utgarde Pinnacle being hard, but my memory is fuzzy too.

I rift had a sort of consecration ability for Warriors (I don't think it was actually in the Paladin tree, but was in Reaver or Warlord, but of course you could grab it as a Paladin Warrior (felt so dirty to be a paladin warrior lol). It was basically consecration that moved with your character (it also snared enemies).

I haven't played that game in quite a while, so I'm not even sure that ability is still there. I just remember I thought it was a much more interesting ability than what we have in wow.
I don't remember Utgarde Pinnacle being hard

I think some pugs had problems with Skadi, but I could be misremembering...heck that was still before we had the dungeon queue lol.

Occululus generated a lot of hatred also lol, but that was mostly due to people just hating vehicle mechanics. Heck even after they added in vehicle scaling with ilevel, I remember pugs derping it up there.
Also, my memory might not be all that great since I was overseas and had a lot of other stuff going on at the time, but I remember the forums being full of all sorts of QQ over some of the initial heroics being too hard. (Halls of Lightning, Halls of Stone, Utgarde Pinnacle, etc. generated a lot of QQ).

i remember a lot of complaints about halls of lighting, mostly that loken was very hard to heal as a holy paladin ( who had almost zero capacity to aoe heal at the time)

but i think most people remember the wolk dungeons as they felt when they overgeared them by a zillion ilevels during icc, not what they felt like wearing bc greens.